Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess the job is Gallman's to lose now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,305

I guess the job is Gallman's to lose now

Feb 21, 2014, 10:55 PM

With Dye getting injured I can't imagine that anyone other than Gallman (based solely on hearsay) would be the starter coming out of spring ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess the job is Gallman's to lose now

Feb 21, 2014, 11:01 PM

Don't count out Choice!!!

Feb 21, 2014, 11:07 PM

Brooks, Davidson, Choice - don't count them out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2014, 11:11 PM

I like Brooks' versatility and his ability to catch balls coming out of the backfield, but it's hard for me to imagine him as the featured back. Ball security and speed are a concern there.

I like Davidson's under dog story, but he just didn't have the size or the moves to account for his lack of size.

What the heck do I know though. For all I know both of those dudes may have improved greatly since last season.

Feb 22, 2014, 3:12 AM

Davidson has very good moves. He will perform well and did this past season when given the opportunity. At times looked to be the best back on the team.

+ 1 on Davidson***

Feb 22, 2014, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess the job is Gallman's to lose now ]

My thoughts exactly. We have a true freshman that will compete for playing time as a true freshman in the fall, Adam Choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Choice

Feb 21, 2014, 11:17 PM

Already at Clemson ? If not , I doubt he comes in this summer and has a legitimate shot at significant playing time. No , Brooks , CJ and Wayne Gallman are the go to guys here. Also , reattached achilles heal at different rates so I am told...its not at all out of the realm of possibility that Dye will be a go come opening weekend against the Dawgs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Is Choice

Feb 22, 2014, 9:09 AM

I'm right there with you Tigerdug23. However, my only concern is that, even if Dye heals quickly and makes a full recovery in time for Georgia, I'm not sure he'd have a chance to get back in playing shape (in terms of cardio, taking hits full-time, etc). Also, how well would he know the playbook by then? Right when he was in the process of learning it, he got injured and couldn't even begin doing basic run-through, non-contact drills until a couple of months ago.

What're your thoughts? You think he'd be ready in time?

Re: Is Choice

Feb 22, 2014, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Is Choice ]

I dont think he comes in till August

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2014, 9:06 AM

I agree. Isn't he almost at like 220 lbs now? Because if so, that would be right where Dye was at before his ankle injury. And at 6'1 just like Dye, Gallman would essentially be the exact same combination of speed and power that we were hoping to get out of Dye when fully healthy.

So basically, as long as Gallman stays healthy, we haven't really lost Dye at all. Don't you love how Dabo and Co. always seem to find a steal in the recruiting classes.

Also, in addition to Choice, let's not forget Oglesby: the kid is a dynamic runner; and could end up functioning like a Percy Harvin kind of role as a home-run threat coming out of the backfield.

Feb 22, 2014, 9:23 AM

you obviously don't know who kurt fleming is ?!?!?

Feb 22, 2014, 9:51 AM

That's the second time I've heard that guy's name. Haven't seen much on him though. He's a 2015 verbal right?

Re: Re: I guess the job is Gallman's to lose now

Feb 22, 2014, 10:24 AM

No he is enrolled and on campus. He will be the starter. Bank on it.

2014 walkon coming from minor league baseball

Feb 22, 2014, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I guess the job is Gallman's to lose now ]

Impressive highlight vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IS3a-ADmSI

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't lose what you haven't gained or won

Feb 22, 2014, 10:00 AM

let's see what plays out in spring ball

I think CJ Davidson looks great.

Feb 22, 2014, 10:17 AM

He looks quick, shifty and flat out fast to me. I think he will be the surprise walk-on of the decade for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,305
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic