Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess Clemson is "officially" the new "it" program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,288

I guess Clemson is "officially" the new "it" program

May 9, 2019, 8:31 PM

I was on a Penn State message board the other day and this subject was posted. In general they think quite highly of Dabo and Clemson and hope James Franklin can emulate him. If you check other boards it is amazing how many have similar feelings. Clemson is great place to be right now we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Here are a couple of the comments in the thread and the link

Is this really news? They've won several NC's lately, plus they have about 14 5-stars in their current class. Safe to say they are "it" right now.

I'm not knocking Dabo. To be very honest, I think he might be my 2nd favorite college college (behind James Franklin) because of his stance against the people who wanted him to stop pre-game prayers... But not to get off-track on a religious thing ....

I believe all of these "it" programs become so because their coach is a guy who top rated players want to play for .... Petey Carroll was cool and hip and a surfer dude and he also had NFL experience .... Nick Saban had championship pedigree, close friends with Belichick and NFL experience who could help you get to the NFL .... And I believe Dabo comes across as a very likable and approachable guy who is a little "goofy" and players want to play for.

These "it" schools seem like they enjoy a 5-10 year run on top of the mountain before they fall off their perch.

I agree but it does seem specific as to who becomes "it". I think Michigan thought they hired the logical "it" coach in Harbaugh. Logic would have said that Harbaugh would supplant Saban as there "it" coach and Michigan would over-take Bama from the "it program" throne. But it just does not seem like Harbaugh is connecting as the "it" guy. That definitely seems like it went to Dabo. 17/18 year olds can be fickle. It tough to predict who/what will become cool. Petey Carroll was kind of logical because of his hipster surfer dude personality. Saban was a 65-year old grumpy curmudgeon, but the kids seemed to gravitate to him despite his crusty ways. Dabo comes across more like good guy Gomer Pyle and the kids are taking to that.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/i-guess-clemson-is-officially-the-new-it-program.237962/#post-4133408

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a pretty sustainable formula. Holding on to our

May 9, 2019, 8:35 PM

Assistants pretty much better than anyone else. I know it won't last forever but I like our chances for a Bobby Bowden like run(with more titles )

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,288
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic