Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next Door App
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 434

Next Door App

Sep 17, 2020, 3:16 PM

Wife of told me to download and register so that i can look for rentals.

Holy. Schitt. What a bunch of whining complaining yankees wanting everyone to cater to their whim of the moment.

"Hi My name is SUSAN from IPSWICH, MA, and we just bought the biggest house in the Old village, but I'm sure you've seen it already lol. Does anyone how can we go about making our neighbors dogs stop barking? Oh, and does anyone know who can come over and plug in our front porch light, then adjust it so everyone can see us in the biggest house in the old village? Oh Did I say that twice? That's just me being me I guess. Our 2.5 kids moved out and became perfect doctors out of town so I don't have many people to talk to and sometimes I tend to ramble on. My perfect retired professor husbands stays outside in the 2000 sq ft workshop all the time! Ever since he retired I think i see him less now than i used to Anyway thanks and hope to meet all of "y'all" soon! I'll be on the biggest front porch in the old village drinking wine please stop by and say hey while you're riding by marveling at the biggest most beautiful house in the old village!"

Is this what Facebook is like? This is what Facebook is like, isn't it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's real?***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may have edited it for brevity***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:20 PM

yep, my experience is the same. It is good for

recommendations on contractors tho.

But a ton of Karens on there. I feel embarrassed for them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got yelled at on NextDoor by a couple of Karens

because I posted in there that I saw a large bobcat roaming the neighborhood and that the wild beast tried to attack my dog before I fought it off with a shovel. Of course, there was no bobcat and I was just stirring the pot.

I eventually took it down once the Karens started giving me sob stories like "I MADE MY KIDS STAY INSIDE ALL DAY BECAUSE OF YOUR POST! WAY TO BE A GREAT NEIGHBOR!!!"

I also will get drunk and post photos of my leftover, half-eaten food on there and tell everyone "come get it, it's free".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some dude just randomly posted he saw a werewolf

Sep 17, 2020, 3:26 PM

drinking a pina colada on Pitt street bridge.

WT actual eff people?

I didn't think anything could make me hate humanity even more than I already did.

I'm gonna go huntin for some posts now***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are now 43 responses to that.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:32 PM

Pretty much everyone responds with another line from the song.

Surprisingly, it took 41 posts before it got political.

7 ask if his hair was perfect***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:37 PM

Lucky for me

Sep 17, 2020, 3:23 PM

I live in the biggest house on the street in the old village with the big front porch.

Or unlucky, idk, kinda built in a dumpy area butt land was cheap.

Its facebook where old people make the rules

Sep 17, 2020, 3:24 PM

Its like watching a clip where you know someone is about to die but you can't look away because you want to see just how bad it gets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Wonder if you can still poke people in Thefacebook***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:28 PM

Re: Wonder if you can still poke people in Thefacebook***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Man O man. I can hardly stand even this place in terms of

Sep 17, 2020, 3:27 PM

general repositories for human thought. I work through it though.

Facebook, Twatter, Insta, Next door, and everything like 'em.....Never have never will.

Re: Next Door App

Sep 17, 2020, 3:27 PM

If you have douchy friends I imagine FB could be like that.

My FB is kind of like the lunge but with people I know

With fb you could block that Karen and never hear from her again, I'm guessing on Nextdoor you'd have to physically move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

All I get is 5 messages a day to tell me to fill out the

Sep 17, 2020, 3:53 PM

census. I deleted the app.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

they have an RA button and their own crumpmeist too***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean a person you send money to and then

Sep 17, 2020, 4:02 PM

write when you need something and get no response?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You mean a person you send money to and then

Sep 17, 2020, 4:11 PM

DONT DO IT! NOOOOOOOO!!!!***

Sep 17, 2020, 4:10 PM

Mine seems to be people posting about dogs and cats

Sep 17, 2020, 5:21 PM

missing. About three times a week my fat beagle who likes getting shocked by the electic fence will be out on walking around the edge of the road and someone walking on the trail will post about who's missing beagle it is. THe good thing is he smells so bad no one will take him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can go DIAF IMHO.***

Sep 17, 2020, 6:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of Next Door on Twitter is a good follow

Sep 17, 2020, 8:20 PM

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1306741006868512774?s=20

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a neighbor post pics of some kids and call cops on them

Sep 17, 2020, 9:48 PM

Apparently two elementary school kids knocked on her door to ask if they could pick some flowers from their yard to take home to mom.

When mom found out, she went apeshit on the poster.

My favorite is neighbor starting petition to ban gas powered leaf blowers. Noise pollution and all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like Buddybook.....

Sep 17, 2020, 10:53 PM

I've quit both. Don't need the bs.

Replies: 24
| visibility 434
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic