»
Topic: I got to listen to Thad Turnipseed speak before the season
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 29, 2015 11:28 AM by: tiger5by5®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

I got to listen to Thad Turnipseed speak before the season

[7]
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 9:57 PM

It was at the Lexington Prowl and Growl meet. Here are a few of the points he made:

1. He expected no drop off on defense from last season. No concern about the linebackers or defensive line. He would be disappointed if we weren't a top 10 D again.

2. Christian Wilkins is a monster and is going to be a great one at Clemson.

3. He thought we had the best and deepest WR corp in the nation, and the best he'd ever been around.

4. This was the single most talented team he'd ever been around, and that includes his time at Alabama, and this is going to be a special year.

I'll be honest; I thought he was blowing smoke and pandering to the crowd. But the defense is disgusting. The D-line has been fantastic, the linebackers have played great and we all knew what we had with the secondary. Christian Wilkins has been a Manimal. The wide receivers, even without Mike Williams, have proven just how good they are. And this team overall is just insanely talented.

As for the last part...well, it certainly looks pretty special so far.

Another note. He also talked about how family oriented Clemson is, especially compared to Alabama. He said no one even knew his name at Alabama, but whenever he walks into the locker room at Clemson, he gets greeted by every player. I thought that was really neat.

2019 student level member

Re: I got to listen to Thad Turnipseed speak before the season

[3]
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 11:32 PM

That's good stuff. Thad has been a tremendous addition to our staff. Hope he stays a long time.

[3]
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 11:33 PM

Saw him at Alhambra Hall in Mount Pleasant earlier this year and he seemed just as you described. He is personable , has a wonderful flow to his speech and is witty as well .
Exceptional guy , and Clemson recruiting could not be in better hands .

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

[3]
Posted: Oct 29, 2015 8:42 AM

Much like the rest of the staff, he's very personable. He's easy to talk and you feel like he's known you for yrs.

Yep, Thad is awesome. He's been a fantastic hire.***

[1]
Posted: Oct 29, 2015 10:32 AM

2019 student level member

+1 for the Manimal reference!***

[1]
Posted: Oct 29, 2015 11:28 AM

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: 2 Tickets, North Stands, Lower Deck, Section R, Row S (about 15 yard line) plus numbered parking spa...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1395 people have read this post