Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got the gov issued instructions on how to apply for a...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 316

I got the gov issued instructions on how to apply for a...

Sep 14, 2020, 7:55 PM

absentee ballot and up my chances of having my vote counted. Imo, the instruction were short and easily understood. Why anyone would complain is strange for a couple reasons. An application for a ballot would make it clear where to send the ballot.

That helps in two ways. You get your ballot rather than not getting one and it keeps your ballot from being sent to a location where someone else can use it to vote. It's possible that if your ballot is sent to the wrong address it could take one vote away from your candidate and give one vote to the other.

The worst that could happen to states which have been using universal mailin ballots for a long time is that they would have more accurate voter information in their voter rolls. How could that be a bad thing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t trust USPS or UPS, b/c

Sep 14, 2020, 8:01 PM

I ain’t got my parking passes yet!
??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I overnighted a package to Pittsburgh

Sep 14, 2020, 8:04 PM

last Tuesday. It still hasn't arrived. Shows "in transit" as of today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The note from USPS gives simple clear instructions...

Sep 14, 2020, 8:09 PM

on how early to request the ballots and how early to mail them back to the proper locations to be cleared and counted.

The USPS is trying to make this as easy as possible. Snailmail isn't a slander, it's reality. USPS is slow. If you don't believe USPS can do the job you can go to the polls and vote.

If Biden can vote in person so can the rest of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In FL can drop off mail-in ballot at County election office

Sep 14, 2020, 8:58 PM

AND there’s early voting in about six locations in the County— typically city halls and other county government buildings. It runs for about 10 days and stops A couple of days before the election.

County election office web site, county government web site and local papers have explicit registration and voting instructions as well.

Not sure how anyone could not be fully informed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't be sure but I've imagined...

Sep 15, 2020, 4:05 PM

million of voters who don't spend time on the internet, don't have twitter, instagram or facebook accounts and think about voting only during the last days before the election. Those people have now been notified by mail as to how to proceed to solicit a ballot through the mail and having their votes counted.

What I don't understand is how anyone would think this is some republican ploy to undermine the voting process and thereby corrupt the election process.

Replies: 5
| visibility 316
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic