Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Took the COVID test at the CVS drive thru this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 485

Took the COVID test at the CVS drive thru this morning

Aug 7, 2020, 12:54 PM

I'm asymptomatic, so I just did it because I am am an American Patriot and also needed a 12-pack of Coke.

I made the appointment two days ago. Swung by, inserted the q-tip in my bat cave, swirled it around, and dropped it in the test tube. It was only about an inch up there, so, not painful or really even uncomfortable at all (that's what she said.)

Pharmacist then says that I can expect results in 7 to 10 days. Hopefully they can expedite that for people with symptoms, because 7 days could be the difference between some old sport sitting on his couch re-watching Endgame, and catching a terminal case of the deads.

--

TL;DR, if you're thinking about taking the test, it's really not a big deal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I take it and i'm positive...

Aug 7, 2020, 12:56 PM

then I can't work for 10 days. No thanks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you ever around people?***

Aug 7, 2020, 12:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, i'm in and out of hospitals and surgery centers all day

Aug 7, 2020, 12:59 PM

masked up for 5 months.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a job that takes you in/out of hospitals routinely,

Aug 7, 2020, 1:07 PM

and they haven't required you to take a COVID test? That's... surprising. Some might say negligent, even.

Ok***

Aug 7, 2020, 1:08 PM

Re: Ok***

Aug 7, 2020, 2:36 PM

I love this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems irresponsible if you ask me. Also, you can probably

Aug 7, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to If I take it and i'm positive... ]

get FMLA for those 10 days.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I should get tested every day?

Aug 7, 2020, 1:17 PM

lol. I'm self employed and can't get in without mask and temp check.

yeah...

Aug 7, 2020, 1:21 PM

I think it's really a dilemma about what is responsible and what is practical.

So your allergies are acting up...so you self-quarantine until you get a test back in 7-10 days? And then do this every time when you or anybody in your house has even the slightest issue?

Wearing a mask everywhere you go seems responsible...especially if they are taking your temp before you go in.

Randomly testing yourself just to test yourself seems impractical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had it with all this. TGIF. I need a beer.***

Aug 7, 2020, 1:24 PM

had a Toppling Goliath King Sue

Aug 7, 2020, 4:08 PM

not bad, not bad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yeah, I agree with that and can see that side too. Just

Aug 7, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to yeah... ]

saying no to testing so that you don't find out you have it in order to keep working seems a little out of line with social responsibilities at this time.

It would be quite a dilemma and him being self employed adds a whole additional layer to it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If i get any symptom or feel "off" i'll get a test.

Aug 7, 2020, 1:28 PM

And if positive take a hit for a week or so worth of pay.

Re: Seems irresponsible if you ask me. Also, you can probably

Aug 7, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Seems irresponsible if you ask me. Also, you can probably ]

Beefsteak® ain’t gonna put anyone in a bad situation, jeez....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got my results in 5 when they said 6-10.

Aug 7, 2020, 1:15 PM

I guess I could have paid for a rapid test but I figured no point since I had symptoms and can stay the hell at home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have to feel like I need to go to the hospital before

Aug 7, 2020, 2:18 PM

I'd take one.

Say I take it, and find out that I have it? Then what? I don't go anywhere anyway that involves other people...so what good did I just do?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

APM took a tess to become an Emcee and didn't fail!

Aug 7, 2020, 2:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKMWSR2Aio

UNGH!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got my results in less than 24 hrs.

Aug 7, 2020, 2:38 PM

I called my doctor and requested a test. He sent me to a drive thru testing site. They said it usually took 5-7 days for results, but since I had a doctor's order, it may take less (and it did).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 18
| visibility 485
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic