Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I get orange colored glasses, I've got a big pair...but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I get orange colored glasses, I've got a big pair...but

Sep 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

I think we'd be remiss by not taking Texas A&M very, very seriously.

Any team can beat any team on any given day.

This is THEIR game of the year and the first real test of Jimbo Fisher's so they'll pull out

all the stops. The fans are going to be on fire because they are unranked and playing the #2 team

in the country.

We need to be serious, remember the basics, don't let our guard down and play to our strengths.

If we pay attention, we should come out of there big winners at 35-17.

IMHO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree.

Sep 5, 2018, 12:32 PM

Nobody on this board plays for Clemson. I, for one, plan to watch the game on HD Television and drink excessively.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get orange colored glasses, I've got a big pair...but

Sep 5, 2018, 3:04 PM

I can't put my finger on it but I'm nervous about this game too. I think it will be more of a battle than people are expecting.

Especially if we misfire on offense like we did against FSU last year.

Sep 5, 2018, 3:36 PM

Dabo typically talks up an opponent, but I've never known him to lie about one.

So when he says that A&M's 4 d-backs are all experienced with long arms and will all play in 'the League', he pretty much means it.

It might just require us to use WRs and a QB who will play in 'the League.'

I guess we'll see.

I know i haven't seen a team that played well for Jimbo for awhile. We might not be seeing it yet, but he is considered a top coach for a reason. He is no longer winning off the reputation that Bowden built.

I'm hoping they put it all together--after they play us. Like Auburn last year.

Sep 5, 2018, 3:49 PM

Turnovers are my only worry. On the road with quality DB's it has me concerned. If we don't turn the ball over we will obviously win. Easier said than done.

Sep 5, 2018, 5:24 PM

This isn't going to be a "walk in the park" Saturday. You have all the elements of an upset if the Tigers don't approach this game calmly and with an attitude of having been in similar contests before. The experienced players need to really dial in and focus while challenging the younger players. Field position, turnovers, penalties and weather could and likely will be factors in this game as normal, but they are magnified during this type of contest.

Crowd noise at TAMU is known to be an unexpected factor for visiting squads so we have to take that into account as well. While I see a challenging game for a half and perhaps three quarters, I honestly believe Clemson establishes a sound run game and uses tempo to wear out TAMU during the latter stages of the game.

Clemson - 38
TAMU - 23

Go Tigers!

Re: the turnover bug

Sep 5, 2018, 7:41 PM

Typically, it's the freshman gamebreaker (a la Ray Ray) that comes into a game like this and lets the ball come away from his body. The next thing you know, your gamebreaker is on the sideline hiding from Dabo, the rest of the O is there too, and the D is trying to shut down the opponent on a short home field.

Let's hope the upperclassmen set a good example and we can afford to give the Frosh a few learning experiences.

Sep 5, 2018, 7:54 PM

I was amazed a few years back when UGA lost their top tailback. Richt turned to a great kid from here in Augusta. He was a freshman from Aquinas, not real fast but with their O line you don't have to be. He had also played LB in high school, so he was sturdy and strong. I think his name was Brendan Douglas.

If IRC, he picked up about 30 yards on 5 carries but got stripped on 2 of them. Richt put him back on the bench until he could protect the football (i guess through targeted weight training.) Next series Richt put in a kid named Chubb. Douglas rarely saw action again.

I don't remember if GA won Douglas's 2-fumble game. The poor kid wasn't ready for the quick hands and long strong arms he ran into in the SEC.

Sep 5, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: the turnover bug ]

I was amazed a few years back when UGA lost their top tailback. Richt turned to a great kid from here in Augusta. He was a freshman from Aquinas, not real fast but with their O line you don't have to be. He had also played LB in high school, so he was sturdy and strong. I think his name was Brendan Douglas.

If IRC, he picked up about 30 yards on 5 carries but got stripped on 2 of them. Richt put him back on the bench until he could protect the football (i guess through targeted weight training.) Next series Richt put in a kid named Chubb. Douglas rarely saw action again.

I don't remember if GA won Douglas's 2-fumble game. The poor kid wasn't ready for the quick hands and long strong arms he ran into in the SEC.

Sep 5, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I get orange colored glasses, I've got a big pair...but ]

Rw43 said:

I know i haven't seen a team that played well for Jimbo for awhile. We might not be seeing it yet, but he is considered a top coach for a reason. He is no longer winning off the reputation that Bowden built.

I'm hoping they put it all together--after they play us. Like Auburn last year.

He's a winning coach. He has a higher winning % than Saban or Dabo:

Fisher = .783
Saban = .781
Dabo = .771

We'll beat them, but it'll be in the 4 th quarter. This is their season and they're going to be ready.

Sep 5, 2018, 3:47 PM

How many Clemson fans do you think we will have there?

Sep 5, 2018, 5:00 PM

Back in the Bowden days and even early in Dabo’s
time.
This game would have me scared to death.
Even if we were 8-9 pt favorites this is a game TB
Loses.
But now I firmly believe we win this game by 20 +

Lack of fan focus cost us the Pitt game last year and...

Sep 5, 2018, 7:52 PM

Cuse the year before that. We can't let Dabo and the boys down like that this season.

Sorry, Felix my friend, I just can't stress over this team.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic