Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fans are Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,193

Fans are Fans

Oct 3, 2012, 8:56 AM

Doesn't matter if you are 7 (my youngest son) or 70 (my Dad) we all cheer & want the same thing.

The reality is the crowd wasn't any better back in the Danny era. They were great back then & are great today. The four loudest games I've been to are 2 old (87 UGA game & 88 FSU game) & 2 new (Miami-the loudest & Game Day GT game). I would put the 77 ND game in there but the stadium was much smaller & the first Bowden Bowl was electric.

I hear this same "the crowd isn't as good, the students all show up late, & the older fans don't cheer" complaint from my UGA fans.

Support the Tigers the best you can. Death Valley is special.

I will say one thing that is better today. While many fanbases have gotten worse over the years (looking at you SCAR) I find the Tiger fanbase has actually gotten more cordial & better to visiting fans (although we were never as bad as UGA/Maryland/SCAR).

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans are Fans- I know those that show up can make

Oct 3, 2012, 9:01 AM

it very difficult for GT all 60 minutes if they want. they can have a bog role in the outcome and turn it for the tigers, thaT IS WHAT THEY SHOULD DO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I was at all 4 you listed.

Oct 3, 2012, 9:08 AM

was a student for the first two. And guess what......We showed up late then too. We left early if it was hot. We didnt have Night games then either. 3:30 was about as late as you could hope.

By far the 2 loudest games...

Oct 3, 2012, 9:12 AM

1983 vs Maryland (the balloon game I think). We were on probation, Mary was gonna win the 'official' title that year and we wacked them 52- something. Boomer Esiason was their QB and the refs took away ALL OUR TIMEOUTS for crowd noise. I can still remember Boomer with his palms up asking what to do.....and refs just pointing at the ball.

2005 vs Miami (the OT game) Made your head hurt when we would close in on that QB to nail him.

LOVE THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice call on the 83 Maryland game

Oct 3, 2012, 9:15 AM

It was loud & those balloons were very cool.

We also beat the living crap out of the "ACC Champs".

That was a loud game start to finish. We were sitting on the

Oct 3, 2012, 10:11 AM

hill, as freshmen do, and were rewarded by Boomer giving us the finger as they were trying to drive into that endzone. Needless to say it just got louder.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By far the 2 loudest games...

Oct 3, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to By far the 2 loudest games... ]

The 77 ND game with one upper deck was loud from kickoff to finish - UGA in 87 was loud. FSU in 88 - until the puntrooskie was loud.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I get chill bumps remembering that game!

Oct 3, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to By far the 2 loudest games... ]

The stadium was literally swaying from fans jumping and stomping in the stands!

I'll add the '78 VTech game....

Oct 3, 2012, 9:19 AM

We were on a missis to punish Brother Bill Dooley and his Church of Sacred Silence. Like Dan Devine the year before, he had made the mistake of mentioning the Clemson crowd and how they'd better be quiet.

We weren't. And the Hokies paid the price.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mentioned 4 good ones! I do agree that the 83 Md

Oct 3, 2012, 10:14 AM

game was in that ballpark as well. It may have been the net loudest start to finish, but maybe not as loud at the peak.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic