Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World

May 14, 2019, 1:49 PM

Clemson Around the USA and the World

In preparing for a story on Clemson’s brand and national reach last week, I asked for a few pictures of The Paw and the Clemson flag flying across the world and expected a few responses. What I received was an avalanche, and many of them came in after the story was published. With that in mind, we decided to do a quick story on the Paw around the USA and the world. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World

May 14, 2019, 3:13 PM

David - its nice to see these photos - probably great for those readers who are not alumni. The Clemson World publishes a couple of pages of photos like this in every quarterly issue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 3:22 PM

One day I'll purchase a phone (or more likely, inherit one of my son's or wife's cast offs), learn how to take photos on it, learn how to post said photos on the internet, and then I'll bore you all with photos of me in Clemson t-shirts in various places in the UK.

May 14, 2019, 3:33 PM

Anyone know if that's Will Merritt by the flag at the Reggae Beach bar in Saint Kitts? Enjoyed his work with Jim Phillips & Pete Yannity. Noticed Kirk Herbie signed the flag among others.

Here's another one for you

May 14, 2019, 3:34 PM
01939.jpg(126.8 K)

22 years old, but whatever. The paw has been around the world long before we got good again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 3:37 PM

I'm ready to go to an Irish wedding.

that one most definitely stood out from the rest***

May 14, 2019, 3:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found my eyes drifting to the left

May 14, 2019, 5:26 PM

on that particular picture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 4:06 PM
IMG_2267_1.JPG(162.8 K)

Jeff '78 and Beth Dunlap in front of the Belfry in Bruges Belgium

May 14, 2019, 5:06 PM

I liked the one showing Field Goal Jesus in South Bend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 5:18 PM

From Liberia, West Africa, I've been living in Guinea, just moved to Liberia, for the past 8.8 years, my Tiger rag, my Tiger flag, have all been given away to Africans that persistently asked for them, but I follow our Tigers closely every week! So proud to be a Clemson Graduate! I teach the Africans about football, and when we've won the two National Championships their blown away, they all love the PAW, want my T-shirt, my hat, want that PAW, it's cool! Go Tigers!!!

May 14, 2019, 5:23 PM

Forgot, not that it's important, but my name is Chip Carter, '84 Graduate in BS in Building Science and Management!

The world Craig !***

May 14, 2019, 5:33 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

May 14, 2019, 6:00 PM

Would any of you be interested in learning how this "Clemson Around the World" stuff began? Well, old Joe21 started this in the early 1980's. On my travels to all parts of the world I always carried a supply of Tiger Paws and other Clemson "stuff". After a trip to China in 1987, I went by Coach Howard's office and showed him photos of Chinese children wearing a Tiger Paw. He called one of the "ORANGE & WHITE" staff members to his office and suggested this should be an interesting story. The article appeared in the Oct. 6, 1987 issue of the "ORANGE & WHITE. The article encouraged Clemson fans to take photos of the Tiger Paw, Tiger flag and other Clemson items during their travels. I never made a count of how many Tiger Paws I've distributed over the years but a conservative estimate would place that number in the range of 12,000 to 15,000.

I don't know how to post this info but if someone is interested in pursuing this story I'll be happy to provide a copy of this article and another one re Pakistan, which was also published in the ORANGE & WHITE in 1993.

Before going any further at the moment, "Clemson World" may be coming out with a story in a future issue about the beginning of this tradition and an interesting Tiger Paw incident that occurred in Canterbury, England, during the summer of 2018.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World***

May 14, 2019, 7:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World***

May 14, 2019, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World ]

May 14, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Around the USA and the World ]

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic