Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do y'all find it ironic that when Dabo was named head coach,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,115

Do y'all find it ironic that when Dabo was named head coach,

Dec 11, 2015, 7:26 AM

that the coots blasted that decision because," Dabo was a POSITION coach"? They said," Y'all are fools, Dabo has never even been a coordinator. He's never even managed an offense, much less a whole team!"

And now that he as won over 50 games in the past 5 years, beaten them 2 in a row and once again in their house, won another ACC Championship, been named the National Coach of The Year,.......they still want to blast him for never having been a noted coordinator.

I'll say this, after watching him last night versus Stoops,Saban, and D'Antonio on live TV, he is hands down the most charismatic coach in the country. No wonder players are flocking,no pun intended,to Clemson......

Come on down!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thankful for Dabo the day he was announced as HC.

Dec 11, 2015, 7:31 AM

There's something precious about an humble person. I wouldn't worry about Dabo getting all full of himself, God has a paddle to fit his bottom if he gets the least bit out of hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironic? Nope. Not at all. Personally, if you're attacked

Dec 11, 2015, 7:46 AM

by a coot for doing ANYTHING, it's generally a sign you made the right choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember having those thoughts, but then I heard him

Dec 11, 2015, 8:00 AM

speak, heard the positivity, character and integrity he exudes and said: I don't care what anyone says, this guy is the real deal. He has shown that he is a terrific judge of talent and has the ability to administer, guide and develop a top echelon program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 totally agree and not only that but the way he persevered

Dec 11, 2015, 8:09 AM

thru a tough childhood with an alcoholic father, had to move into an apartment with his mom while going to school at Alabama, walking onto the football team and paying bills by cleaning gutters and such. Then getting hired on as GA then WR coach for UA and then into real estate. Making really good money, he decides to leave that great paying real estate job with a new house they just had built to come to Clemson as a WR coach getting paid much less $. Someone wants to talk about faith in God, buddy there's no better example than that and mainly because he thought God intended for him to make a difference in young kids lives and he thought being a football coach was the best way that He could do that!

I have so much respect and admiration for our CDS!! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was sold from his initial "All In" speech

Dec 11, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I remember having those thoughts, but then I heard him ]

You could just tell there was something special about him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson hiring Dabo was a HUGE gamble....

Dec 11, 2015, 8:13 AM

that, fortunately for Clemson fans, has paid -off in spades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I found it ironic that after Dabo spoke, they immediately

Dec 11, 2015, 8:17 AM

went to the OBS! Made me throw up a little! It was fun watching him squirm around with the questions. Hopefully, that is the last we see of that chump.

Quite a dichotomy...***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it was. I only hope that

Dec 11, 2015, 8:50 AM

ESPN doesn't try to put the OBS on one of their shows.

That ticked me off at first, but then my son called and said

Dec 11, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Quite a dichotomy...*** ]

" Dad, did you see the look on Spurrier's face when he followed Dabo? He looked sick to his stomach!"...

i'll take our "position, cheerleader" coach over their

Dec 11, 2015, 9:09 AM

string of "proven" experienced head coaches every day.

They aren't smart enough to build a decent

Dec 11, 2015, 9:16 AM

argument anyway. So what if Dabo never was a coordinator, never the main X and O guy? He realized pretty quick he needed some experts in those areas so he could do what he does well.

Now, the argument to make would be if paying the coordinators $1 Million plus is cost effective. This is where you'd need the total salaries and see what the ROI is. I don't know any of these coaches salaries, but I do know Dabo has earned his.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says a lot about college football today

Dec 11, 2015, 9:16 AM

Because he actually had been a coordinator; recruiting coordinator.

In the world of CFB, X's and O's are not all there is to building a program. You've got to attract top talent for both players and coaches. You've got to develop players and coaches. He is as good as any at both.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic