Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel that I have totally failed as a father
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

I feel that I have totally failed as a father

Aug 22, 2014, 8:48 AM

When my youngest daughter was attending Long Beach State several years ago and would soon be graduating, Clemson came to town to play in the Thanksgiving Basketball Tournament. We attended the game together when Clemson played Long Beach State. She wore Clemson orange to the game. So I believed that everything was okay in our relationship.

When she moved back to Georgia, she started dating a young man who is an avid UGA fan. But she still wore orange to the games. Last year they were married. The family has tickets to the Clemson/UGA game and my daughter will be attending with them. While confirming that she would be representing me by wearing orange, she reluctantly noted that she thought it best to be neutral.

I am checking with a lawyer to see if I have any authority to pursue an annulment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remove her from your will***

Aug 22, 2014, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have not failed, neutral would be a win in this

Aug 22, 2014, 9:05 AM

situation

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel that I have totally failed as a father

Aug 22, 2014, 9:08 AM

Ouch! On the other hand, if you blessed the marraige, you have to support her decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marrying "down" is never a good idea.

Aug 22, 2014, 9:09 AM

As a father - we do the best we can. But if our children choose to go to the dark side - then we no longer have control.
maybe her next husband won't be such a loser. But - better to find out now then after years of marriage and a couple of half wit grandchildren.
good luck!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the best interest of her own personal safety....

Aug 22, 2014, 9:11 AM

neutral is a good way to go.

I would never taky my wife (or girlfriend for that matter) to a game in Athens; particularly wearing the colors of an opposing team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May I use this?***

Aug 22, 2014, 9:13 AM

Absolutely***

Aug 22, 2014, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the best interest of her own personal safety....

Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM [ in reply to In the best interest of her own personal safety.... ]

How does your wife feel about your girlfriend?

You are missing out on her long range planning

Aug 22, 2014, 9:12 AM

She knew years ago that Clemson would be playing in Athens. Therefore she did what she needed to do to get herself a ticket for this particular game. After a Clemson win she can file for a deevorce because we won't play UGA again for a while.

But she should probably start looking for a boyfriend who is an Auburn fan. 2016 will be here before you know it.

It is hard enough to go to Sanford & Son in orange with a

Aug 22, 2014, 9:14 AM

large group of Clemson fans. So I can not imagine going with a bunch of UGAy fans dressed in orange. That is asking for a lot of trouble, with that said she is doing the right thing. I still think an annulment is a viable thought for the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't worry, you have done your job and everything will be

Aug 22, 2014, 9:22 AM

ok. I raised my son the right way as well and when he was 16 or 17 started liking Miami. I thought---what the h*ll! H etold me that he had just had enough of TB that had followed TW. I told him that I knew he was still a Tiger and he told me that when they got rid of TB, he would be back. Needless to say, when that day came I was on the phone welcoming him back home and he was true to his word and is All In again.

I'll be praying for you both. Can't imagine the pain you're

Aug 22, 2014, 9:36 AM

dealing with.

Aug 22, 2014, 9:41 AM

This is a question I have often pondered myself, TiLA. My daughter marrying a Carolina man would crush me but her marrying a dawg would be a dagger to my heart. Obviously you have options here. If you like the hubby, go to him and tell him in no uncertain terms that if he attempts to turn your girl into a dawg, you will kill him. Make sure he knows you're not joking. That's important. If you don't like him, just go ahead and kill him and be done with it.

Stay skrong, brother.

Back away from the ledge, it could be worse.

Aug 22, 2014, 9:44 AM

She could have married a Coot and moved into a meth lab trailer park in Cootlumbia.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

slippery slope. .. soon your cars will be

Aug 22, 2014, 9:50 AM

Keyed every time she visits. ..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

In Afghanistan...

Aug 22, 2014, 9:57 AM

That would be grounds for stoning or flogging. In my honest opinion I would threaten to take them both to Afghanistan for the weekend. :D

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

You are going to pursue an annulment?

Aug 22, 2014, 10:07 AM

What does this have to do with your wife? Is she a co-conspirator???

Talking about skeletons in the closet????? Sounds like something smells of Athens in there.

Thought I was happily married - But you are confusing me***

Aug 22, 2014, 10:10 AM

Now I has the confooz.....

Aug 22, 2014, 10:35 AM

You pursue an annulment on whose behalf, you or the daughter???

You if the wifey is at fault, or the daughter is the son-in-law has injected bulldog stuff into her....

Dude....

Aug 22, 2014, 10:09 AM

the other night my youngest daughter came walking downstairs wearing a UNC hoodie.

That would be far worse - Thanks for the encouraging words***

Aug 22, 2014, 10:11 AM

She got it during a volleyball team camp....

Aug 22, 2014, 10:14 AM

but for obvious reasons, did not bother telling me.

Re: Dude....

Aug 22, 2014, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Dude.... ]

Who was the UNC hoodie????

Oh, my bad.

Message was edited by: 71PR®

Neutral!!!????

Aug 22, 2014, 10:40 AM

Encourage her to take this opportunity to win a bet....her hubby will be doing dishes the rest of football season!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, you just raised her to be smart...

Aug 22, 2014, 11:19 AM

...if I were in her stead, surrounded by Dawgs and cut off from the sustaining strength of the Clemson faithful, I might also tone down my ethusiasm as well ... until the final gun and they all were howling in disbelief at the Tigers' victory.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut her out of the will.

Aug 22, 2014, 11:37 AM

And make her pay back any and all money you spent on her education ...... She obviously learned nothing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Well, you moved her to LA

Aug 22, 2014, 11:42 AM

The marriage doesnt have to last unless he converts but she will always have LA in her previous residence history.

And you dont need a lawyer . Just tell him- here, sign this and let me have the house key. CU!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you love her, you won't allow her to wear orange

Aug 22, 2014, 11:46 AM

at sanford stadium..she would attract the attention of those whose primary life achievement is impregnating their sister..neutral is best.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Aug 22, 2014, 11:48 AM

Well I think her safety is much more important....especially considering thatshe will be amongst a bunch of inbred rednecks (excluding your son-in-law of course :) )

Has she had any puppies yet?

Aug 22, 2014, 11:50 AM

Did your SNL sniff you to get acquainted?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2014, 2:19 AM

There will be another situation when it will be your turn to say. So that it doesn't look like I'm siding with one over the other, its in my best interest that I remain neutral. She will say but you're my daddy. Ahhhh, so you remember that now. :) Go ahead and side with her though, just remind her that you don't have to hide what you like to be excepted by your spouse. If you do, you are with the wrong person. It will be the grits and eggs next, or maybe the medium rare steak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple. Snuff him.***

Aug 23, 2014, 3:40 AM

Wow!^^^ Do NOT make this guy mad!^^^

Aug 23, 2014, 5:26 AM

LOL! +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2014, 8:53 AM

Bless your heart! You have my sympathy...just remind her very quietly that you have an appointment with your lawyer and she might want to rethink that. And, that you were the first man in her life and the one that will always be there. Rub it in really hard! From a daughter's perspective, she'll cave. Go Tigers!

On the contrary, I think you raised a woman with good sense

Aug 23, 2014, 9:13 AM

Wearing orange to a game where she'll be surrounded by UGA fans is a good way to get personally injured, or at least doused with drinks or other fluids. I think it's a good sign that her survival skills have kicked in.

Though I do have to question her lapse in judgment dating a UGA fan in the first place.

Aug 23, 2014, 9:27 AM

My daughter who is a Clemson grad is also dating a Georgia guy...I feel your pain...She better be in orange on Saturday...I will be there to find out!

Aug 23, 2014, 9:48 AM

Did you ever consider that you're a great dad that raised smart, upwardly-mobile daughters? I had to add that in fun.

Aug 23, 2014, 10:17 AM

the best thing U can do is understand that your influence is SEVERLY LIMITED from this point forward!Just let it go, she is gone dad!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not your fault. It's for safety purposes.

Aug 23, 2014, 10:44 AM

She's doesn't want drunk, crying Ugga(ly) mom from two rows below her crowdsurfin' up to attempt to beat her orange wearing ace. She's just trying to keep the peace.

~JKB

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic