Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley

Aug 24, 2015, 7:01 AM

Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley

Clemson Memorial Stadium has undergone several changes in recent seasons, but the addition of the oculus and finishing the WestZone project are a game-changer. It's the same Death Valley, but it's also different. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

darn you!

Aug 24, 2015, 7:24 AM

You are going to get me fired reading stuff like this before work. I want to point at my boss D-Mac style!

Also the game winning kick aginst Texas A & M

Aug 24, 2015, 7:32 AM

: )

Re: Also the game winning kick aginst Texas A & M

Aug 24, 2015, 9:35 AM

My son still talks about how loud it was during that kick...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The game killed a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.***

Aug 24, 2015, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Also the game winning kick aginst Texas A & M ]

Re: Also the game winning kick aginst Texas A & M

Aug 24, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Also the game winning kick aginst Texas A & M ]

....Or David Treadwell sinking the Bulldogs for the second straight year in 1987 with a field goal in the closing seconds!

Re: Also the game winning kick by Rodney

Aug 24, 2015, 3:25 PM

Rogers to beat the coots in 1962. Jimmy "the needle" Addison's 65 yard TD pass to Jackie Jackson to complete maybe the greatest comeback ever to beat Virginia in 1966 and in same game Phil Marion intercepting a Frank Quayle pass in the end zone to seal the win.

Georgia, 1981

Aug 24, 2015, 3:37 PM

The Tigers kicked the stuffing out of Ugga in this one. 9 turnovers (more than an apple factory) and Hershel once again couldn't make it past our force field D.

Re: New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley

Aug 24, 2015, 7:36 AM

David, Due to circumstances(medical and financial) I am unable to experience Clemson and Death Valleyy as I once did, I actually haven't seen the stadium for a while. I am not complaining, I am just saying thank you for sharing how Death Valley has changed and improved. I am not a member Of Tigernet so, I don't help pay your salary but from where I sit, your work is priceless where all things Clemson are concerned. Seriously, thank you. You make my day with your words and insights about my favorite place on earth! Go Tigers.

Aug 24, 2015, 8:15 AM

I lived on Williamson Road south of the water plant when my dad went to Clemson after WWII. I was '68 but, Uncle Sam and work took me 5,000 miles away for the last 25 years, but this year I get to go home. Wytiger, you are so right. I'll remember u as I return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2015, 8:21 AM

Thank you for your kind words. You and many, many people are a large part of what makes Clemson special. Despite the distance in miles and the years that pass a little piece of us will always be in Clemson. Hope you have the BEST time on your return!

Aug 24, 2015, 8:02 AM

Thank You David!!! But I would like to mention that I personally really don't give a chit what other media members has ever thought about their accommodations while writing their BS at Clemson. I would hope that they are never comfortable at Clemson, and hates being the ones having to cover sports at Clemson. Out side media has never done us any favors.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So good that Hartins & I would have voted David Sports Editor For Life..

Aug 24, 2015, 8:19 AM

At The TiGER Student Paper rag back in our days there! Good stuff David (and Nikki).

GoTiGERS..RocK Em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2015, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley ]

Great article David. Thanks for the preview and excitement leading into the season.

Now it's time to unleash the long, pent up energy of the Tiger team on our opponents and their sports writers who cover them. I hope they are so comfortable when they arrive in our stadium and absorb its' beautiful setting and I hope they are miserable as our Tigers whip their backsides. I want all of the writers to remember their comfort covering our opponents and being totally impressed by the Tigers as they physically beat up on the their team. And then we wish them well in the games they have left in their season.

Spot the dang ball........and, Let's Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel pretty much the same way

Aug 24, 2015, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley ]

with the exception of sites such as this with a focus on a particular school, the vast majority of the coverage is stats, quotes and other content provided by the schools. The write up on just about all of the national sites are the exact same. They are just filling in a template article. Shoot, even a great deal of the content on the targeted sites are still university originated. The teams control so much of the message these days.

Now, I do think we need to do make sure that the TV media and broadcast folks are well taken care of. They form the immediate impression of the game and venue.

David, please keep the intimate details of you and Nikki out

Aug 24, 2015, 9:28 AM

of your Tnet articles... SMH!

led to an 'impromptu tour' ... 'where the magic happens.'

Mr Hood, do you like the new media facilities? What would you change?***

Aug 24, 2015, 10:01 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I do like them......

Aug 24, 2015, 10:07 AM

I think it was a much-needed change. What would I change? Places like South Carolina, Wake Forest and NC State have wide rows and then there are hooks behind each seat where you hang your laptop bag or camera bag and keep them from being stepped on. Didn't see that the other day here. The aisles are also wide at places like that, and the space for us to sit is narrow and it's just gonna cause problems. Finally, my media peers really pushed the idea of an open press box. At Georgia last year (also open) my laptop overheated during the game, as did several others. I've had a large man sweat all over my keyboard (Auburn) and I've had a laptop get too cold (Ga. Tech) and you can't hear stats at Syracuse (all open press boxes). Not worth the hassle...we are trying to work.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't think open boxes sounded great either. Thanks for answering***

Aug 24, 2015, 8:04 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Aug 24, 2015, 12:16 PM

In the article you wrote:
"Football is a little different, however, and I wondered what the new press box would look like. No more seats between the 40’s – the press box runs from about the 15-yard line into the back of the end zone, and no longer will the media sit behind a pane of glass. The media will now sit a level below the old press box and directly behind the student section and in the elements. The seating will remain about the same, but there was no doubt an upgrade of some sort was needed."

I'm confused. All of this sounds like it is downgrades or staying the same for the media. But later on you say that, with these changes, we are not lagging behind other ACC schools anymore.

Bottom line, is the media still going to be walking away saying the facilities are a dump?

If I read it correctly

Aug 24, 2015, 1:08 PM

I believe DH meant money still rules all as far as premium seating/box seats go - hence being moved from between the 40s - to end zone to the 15 yard line. Also stated that the press boxes, quality/ammentity wise, are much nicer now, and on par with other schools.

It was a little confusing but that's how I took it.

Maybe @davidhood can chime in for clarification

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 24, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley ]

Sounds like the press box is still way below par. If not that, the paragraph needs to be edited to better convey the intended message.

Agree. I believe on this subject

Aug 24, 2015, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Game Changer: It's a different Death Valley ]

what David meant wasn't what he wrote.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DRad the Builder

Aug 24, 2015, 1:25 PM

I bet he played with Legos as a kid.

DHood is a cunning linguist.

The only thing missing is a Chariot pulled by Tigers exploding down The Hill. Alway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your comments on the Media area are confusing

Aug 24, 2015, 5:16 PM

Maybe my reading comprehension has gone to crap, but I can't tell if you think the press area is an improvement. Seems that moving from midfield position is worse but having it open to the elements is better, but is this a good tradeoff? Also, did the TV booth move or is this only a move of non radio/tv broadcast area?

Aug 24, 2015, 9:12 PM

I think David's point was to say that the old Press box was old and outdated(an upgrade was a long time coming) but you had the best view with the press seating stretching down the middle of the field. The new press box while updated has lost you the better view since now you are looking from the far corner of the field.

Plus and minues

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic