Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Rising Storm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 2,952

The Rising Storm

Jun 16, 2020, 12:42 PM

The storm sweeping in over our country was as predicable as the sun rising in the east. The tempest that is raging throughout shouts, displays and signs, "No Justice No Peace", "Defund the Police" on and on it goes. This battle is not about the slogans being chanted at the top of their voices, but a battle predicted long ago and still ongoing.

The groups Black Lives Matters, Antifa, Aryan Nation, Skinheads,LGBTQ and any other radical or fringe group can be easily substituted one for the other. You may ask why? All have one common goal and that is the destruction of America and remaking it into one of their liking. To a fault they are all willing participants in anarchy.

This is a battle of monumental proportions between light, darkness, good and evil. The turmoil is being manipulated by Beelzebub the great deceiver and one of his greatest disciples the Marxist/Leninist of the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are a nation of different races and nationalities. Then

Jun 16, 2020, 12:50 PM

throw in a few bad apples and it had to explode sometime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Understand your points and I’m a believer BUT most of the people

Jun 16, 2020, 12:53 PM

Marching under the banner of Black Lives Matter Are arguing peacefully because of racism and violence towards Blacks. If you read the organization’s stance straight from their website for yourself you find out they stand for much “more than that”. My point? I would bet that most of the protesters are peaceful and many black people are Christian. So I would be careful saying that all people protesting are marching with Lucifer. Because that is very far from the truth.. if you’re saying there are other things involved looking to divide and destroy than I’ll agree with that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like that, in general, is a bad habit of society

Jun 16, 2020, 1:03 PM

in these times. I agree with condemning racial injustice and so does BLM, but that doesn't mean I support all of their causes or agree with all of their stances.

There's no compromise or ability to have some perspective anymore. If you agree with a person/group on one stance, well, you must stand with them on everything apparently. That way we can all see the forests and never the trees, we can all see homogenized groups that are easier to distill down to 'they/them'. But a person and their ideologies are a bit more nuanced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

most of the people do not understand what BLM stands for

Jun 16, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Understand your points and I’m a believer BUT most of the people ]

most people can' even be bothered to look up their webpage.

As the OP says, this isn't about slogans, even as that's all most people have time to understand.

Democracy isn't cheap, nor is courage, nor is knowledge. BLM stands for none of that.

Re: most of the people do not understand what BLM stands for

Jun 16, 2020, 1:34 PM

olemike59 said:

most people can' even be bothered to look up their webpage.

As the OP says, this isn't about slogans, even as that's all most people have time to understand.

Democracy isn't cheap, nor is courage, nor is knowledge. BLM stands for none of that.

I disagree, equating BLM with violent radical groups is just a means to ignore or diminish unarmed black people being killed by police.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: most of the people do not understand what BLM stands for

Jun 16, 2020, 2:15 PM

How bout all the Unarmed White people that have been killed by Police? I know, that doesn’t sell well in the media and destroys their narrative.

Re: The Rising Storm

Jun 16, 2020, 1:09 PM

Or not.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if there is another way to say this?

Jun 16, 2020, 1:17 PM

Because I don't necessarily disagree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 1:23 PM

"The groups Black Lives Matters, Antifa, Aryan Nation, Skinheads,LGBTQ and any other radical or fringe group can be easily substituted one for the other. You may ask why? All have one common goal and that is the destruction of America and remaking it into one of their liking."

I would disagree with the "destruction of America" goal. I think it's quite the opposite. First, LGBTQ and BLM have absolutely nothing to do with radical, violent groups like skinheads and Antifa or the Proud Boys.

Second, what LGBTW and BLM want is inclusion in America, not destroy it. There is prejudice and racism in this country, of that there is no doubt. Those 2 groups are justifiably trying to find a way to live in the US without having to deal with those 2 evils.

"Destroying America" in my mind means keeping in place a White Male-dominated, Christian culture that uses scripture as an excuse for prejudice. It's essentially a scripture fueled attempt to force gay people to stay in the shadows or just not be gay. Remember, freedom of religion also means freedom from religion. Further, it's useful to remember that during slavery, scripture was used to justify it. Not to mention that it was only in the '80s that Southern Baptist churches began to integrate.

America is not a theocracy, as much as Christians want it that way.

I think the Supreme court ruling yesterday is a recognition of what the LGBTQ people have been trying to accomplish.

Jun 16, 2020, 1:28 PM

you're very naive about BLM as are most people unfortunately.

Jun 16, 2020, 1:31 PM

you're very naive about BLM as are most people unfortunately.

No, I just don't watch or read the conservative 'outrage machine' media.

Jun 16, 2020, 1:32 PM

I don't think it's naivete for this one...

Jun 16, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: The Rising Storm ]

it's compliance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smack, you're right, Felix is nothing more than just another

Jun 16, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: The Rising Storm ]

poser who talks freedom but can't be bothered to check his facts.

On the BLM website they openly advocate "disruption of the Western-prescribed nuclear family".

They then advocate to "dismantle the patriarchal practice(s)" of working Mothers, even as those Mothers have spent the last 40 years striving to find their niche in the Workforce.

What they want is something free - Income without work, reparations without cause, babies without responsibility.

As the OP says, that's just straight Leninist/Marxist.

This isn't about skin color, Felix - get your facts straight.

Re: Smack, you're right, Felix is nothing more than just another

Jun 16, 2020, 1:47 PM

FAIL - Nope

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

They are calling into question and want to dismantle economic incentives of the "nuclear" family, not the nuclear family itself. The nuclear family is heavily subsidized aka receives economic welfare assistance via tax policy/labor laws.

It makes sense because the systemic injustice that BLM is protesting is actively eliminating the 1/2 of the "nuclear" family. Thus the "village" approach (which has basically been the norm for human history, especially when life expectancy was much lower) is the replacement.

How is the "nuclear family" subsidized versus single parents

Jun 16, 2020, 2:08 PM

in the current system? Tax rate is the same for an amount of income be it taxed as single or married filing jointly. No diff. The only advantage relates to deductions for kids. And there maybe you are on to something. Eliminate the tax break for kids and maybe folks will think harder about starting a family until they can effectively handle one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is the "nuclear family" subsidized versus single parents

Jun 16, 2020, 2:40 PM

Oh good lawd.... it basically comes down to more tax credits/deductions, etc as being married. While I will qualify that each individual tax case may differ, those that are If you are not aware of the "married" tax status, then well, hard to explain everything but here I go...

Married couples often pay a lower total tax if one of partner earns significantly less. As you tax rate is often reduced from the high rate and is often lower than filing individually. Filing together can get you more deductions and other tax benefits. Caps in deductions are lower for individuals and couples can often claim more since it is a combined item similar to the above. Next, you have unlimited gift giving and rights of survivor-ship. While not always felt each year, they can be BIG when it does hit. And for homeowners being lets you double the personal residence gain exclusion.

Now, you can also claim there is a marriage "tax" but that normally hits very high income earners if both participants make 1/2 Mill. However, they can penalties in/around specific child-credit items normally in the 40,000-46,000 range. However, filing jointly is NOT required. So you can avoid these hit if you chose to do so.

Generally, if married filing jointly, household will pay less. When they would not pay less, they can still choose to pay less as individuals. Being married does not require a household to file jointly. It is an option that a household can take. However, there are no options if single. There is no option.

Choice to file what works the best is a BIG incentive.

FD - you DO understand that this was done because

Jun 16, 2020, 4:29 PM

data supported at the time - and still does now - that Married Families caused significantly less strain on the resources of the Community. That's because Married Families engender greater stability of the family unit as well as each member of the unit.

The sad Liberal tripe that single-parent families "work" is simply that, sad. Just think of all the poor children who have been shoved down the path of single-parenting because the Society as a whole wanted to prove its stupid theories. I feel sorry for you all as you are simply unable to accept the realities of social theories that supposedly looked good on paper and have bombed in reality.

Let's try Drugs as another. Liberals #####&moan about Vietnam and 55k young men killed in 8 years. But you don't hear a single Liberal whining about 40k drug users killed last year alone on opioids. Nor do you hear about the civil unrest in Mexico that takes thousands more lives each year.

#InsincereAsARule

Jun 16, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Smack, you're right, Felix is nothing more than just another ]

olemike59 said:

poser who talks freedom but can't be bothered to check his facts.

On the BLM website they openly advocate "disruption of the Western-prescribed nuclear family".

They then advocate to "dismantle the patriarchal practice(s)" of working Mothers, even as those Mothers have spent the last 40 years striving to find their niche in the Workforce.

What they want is something free - Income without work, reparations without cause, babies without responsibility.

As the OP says, that's just straight Leninist/Marxist.

This isn't about skin color, Felix - get your facts straight.

You really need to get your facts straight instead of depending on media. On motherhood they actually say: "We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work." This is an attempt to repair the black family as it is far more shattered than white or hispanic families.

Further from their website:

"Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead..."

Conservatives' default position is to disbelieve the victims and ignore their claims by demonizing them. The violence that you see at protest are not a characterization of BLM but rather fringe elements and criminals. Most BLM's are peaceful and determined.

Actually read their whole site.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Jun 16, 2020, 2:51 PM

Felix2, ALL LIVES MATTER!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That includes immigrants right?

Jun 16, 2020, 2:57 PM

since you said All lives

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Wow, what an original thought that totally addresses

Jun 16, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Smack, you're right, Felix is nothing more than just another ]

the root of the issue!

Jun 16, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Smack, you're right, Felix is nothing more than just another ]

I strongly suggest that you read the communist manifesto. The blm points of light would overlay nicely with the aforementioned document.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why destroy Patriarchal Practice then, when strong Fathers

Jun 16, 2020, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Smack, you're right, Felix is nothing more than just another ]

create Strong Families, which has been a Western tradition for literally a hundred generations.

And please, don't give me the sad tripe about "villages". If you want to "enforce" Sub-saharan practices on people, go do so where you got the theory.

If you want to improve the Black Community, improve the Black Family - stop underage pregnancy, demand and deliver scholarship of even the below average students, commit to community improvements without Governments as a crutch, preach morals and ethics as much as dysfunctional rap narratives, engage the white community in programs of common good not just programs of unilateral benefit, support local business ownership and capitalization, etc.

This is the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

But you have to act Free of Historical Narratives and be Brave enough to find a New Future.

Jun 16, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The Rising Storm ]

He's not naive. He's an example of what the battle is against as far as good vs evil.
He and others like him will normalize what 30 years would be unheard of.

Most decent people will see through it, however many will fall for it. Liberalism is like a nuclear bomb falling on this country in a slow manner.

You go to places like Downtown Greenville and it's like a freak show. You see things you would have never seen 30 years ago. Yet the crazier things get , the more normal it seems for most

You're old and disillusioned. We get it.***

Jun 16, 2020, 3:19 PM

Wrong on so many levels. But we ain't going back.

Jun 16, 2020, 1:37 PM

You can believe that. The America of the future will not look like the one we had pre-COVID, pre-MPLS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question is

Jun 16, 2020, 1:49 PM

Where is BLM when a hurricane destroys a black neighborhood, like in New Orleans, or Alabama in recent memory? Also how many plates did they create when the pandemic hit trying to feed the people without groceries? What good have you seen that movement do? I only see them when the express their outrage in something bad.

The bottom line is nothing will change until we change our hearts, and teach our grand children to treat people like they want to be treated."Do unto others as you would want to be done yourself". Have compassion for your fellow man, regardless of their race or religion.

Re: My question is

Jun 16, 2020, 2:12 PM

you're talking about things that take effort, not just chanting and raising a fist.

apparently, real work is not the same as participating in "public justice work."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Look past BLM and look past current politics.

Jun 16, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to My question is ]

Assuming the Democrats take control (not guaranteed) in early 2021, you will see major changes akin to changes following the Civil Rights movement of the 60s. You will also see changes in healthcare and the overall structure of the economy.

If the GOP somehow manages to hold some power, the policy changes will be slower.

BUT corporate America is making changes now just to survive.

The SCOTUS surprised everyone yesterday.

All the sudden Nike doesn't look quite so dumb for supporting Kaepernick.

Change is already happening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 1:43 PM

I don’t think you can throw them into the same pot. Some, Aryan Nation and Skinheads, are trying to suppress the rights of others. Where as BLN and LGBTQ groups are working to expand the rights of people who have had their equal rights trampled on for centuries.

Most people condem the violent few that damaged property during the current demonstrations. But to put things into perspective do a little research and google , “ Masacres in the US” and see how violence by the power structure against, blacks, Chinese, coal miners and sugar field workers destroyed not only their property but also resulted in thousands of deaths in addition to the thousands of individual lives snuffed out by lynching.

My Dad served on a lynching jury in Walhalla about the time I was born in 1929. That experience impacted his life from that point forward and resulted in influencing his children to have a more compassionate and “ liberal” view of racial issues.

After having been treated this badly over the entire history of our country, we may be lucky that we have not been treated to similar circumstances.

Some groups want to maintain the status quo while others want to expand the rights of the oppressed. There is a difference.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 2:17 PM

they just want equal rights. in no way to they want to make you kneel to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Can we add HOAs to the list?***

Jun 16, 2020, 3:10 PM

Can we add HOAs to the list?***

Jun 16, 2020, 3:12 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 2,952
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic