Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't realize ESPN's NC coverage down 15% vs last year & 35%
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,060

Didn't realize ESPN's NC coverage down 15% vs last year & 35%

Feb 22, 2016, 8:31 PM

For New Year's Day Semi-NC games!

Wow..and I thought everyONE in the Nation were watching our Boys play some exciting ball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe because two teams from the same region. However,

Feb 22, 2016, 8:44 PM

I have read that although the title game ratings were down from previous year, the Clemson-Bama game was one of the all-time highest rated college football games overall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't realize ESPN's NC coverage down 15% vs last year & 35%

Feb 22, 2016, 8:51 PM

people watched it, but ESPN subscriptions are down as a lot of people are kicking cable to the curb to save money in favor of streaming content. Disney is considering offering a stand alone ESPN package due to the fact they are taking huge losses but think it may not be popular as it would cost the consumer 20$ per month to be economically viable.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of articles were written on semis on New Year's Eve ..

Feb 22, 2016, 8:52 PM

It killed the ratings. Folks were catching a buzz out partying vs. catching a buzz watching the game. Mama wanted to put on her dancing shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't realize ESPN's NC coverage down 15% vs last year & 35%

Feb 22, 2016, 9:03 PM

Its also a comparison to the 1st National Championship game which garnered a lot of attention and enthusiasm. This year's Championship still had higher ratings than any of the 3 final BCS Championship games despite the year-over-year decline.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fault the media "experts" who lowered interest in the NC

Feb 22, 2016, 9:12 PM

game with all their prognostication of a Bama rout. There total disregard and disrespect for Clemson certainly played a role in the lower ratings. If ESPN wants to explain the lower ratings, they only need to look in the mirror. I remember all too well sitting in the stands before the game listening to one of the live TV/radio broadcasts from the field and having to endure one of those smarmy talking heads say that "since the Bama bus didn't break down on the way to the stadium, Bama would roll." Of course, not one of those idiots will ever admit that they underestimated the Tigers. Just hope that Dabo and the team can make another run at the NC next year and shut these SEC and Bama homers up, at least for a couple of weeks. I loathe them all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I fault the media "experts" who lowered interest in the NC

Feb 22, 2016, 10:38 PM

I doubt they will shut up or give the straight and fair impartiality. They represent their own league, and the bias is very real. That won't change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

America is sick of Saban.***

Feb 22, 2016, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,060
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic