Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sharty’s Sideline Report: Thumbs Up Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 592

Sharty’s Sideline Report: Thumbs Up Edition

Nov 26, 2018, 9:12 AM

As is our ritual, stopped by RH Tig’s tailgate to hang with our warlord and his crew. Sharkgirl and aero were there, always good to see them.

It’s always hard to say anything bad about Sakerlina’s sideline. Their strength coaches do an outstanding job job of keeping them out of the way. They were extra salty and stayed that way up until we went up by 28. They tried to get it back when they cut it to 14 but most of their supporters had already exited the premises.

Imma give ‘em credit for a good offensive game plan which included getting rid of the ball quickly so as not to get Never Again killed. Our defense never seemed to adjust and that gives me cause for concern down the line, however I trust CDS and BV will get it fixed. I started praying Saturday night that Deebo goes to the NFL. He absolutely killed us, I was to the point of suggesting we put 5 guys on him and take our chances elsewhere.

I find all the butthurt on both sides ridiculous. We ran the ball up the middle and they didn’t tackle us.

Now onto my main point WE WON THE GAME BY 21 POINTS AND WE’RE 12-0! IF THAT AIN’T GOOD ENOUGH, FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO BE A FAN OF!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This might not be the right place but since it's a thread

Nov 26, 2018, 9:35 AM

about football and not some other fun homeosexual topic that I've come up with, has anyone noticed for the last few years how at the end of the season BV starts standing up our DE's more. I know we were late with the calls and a lot of guys were standing but this is not just from a starting position, but actually trying to use them more in coverage. It's not every play but it is more often at the end of the year. Not sure if he's trying to showcase the DE's for NFL teams who might look at them as a 3-4 OLB or what but it surely weakens the pass rush. I don't like it when we switch to a 3-4, it's not who we are.

We had a few calls where our LBs blitzed

Nov 26, 2018, 10:29 AM

and then they dropped Ferrell and it never made sense to me because a DE isn't going to be able to get deep enough to stop a quick slant into the middle of the field.

You can argue that he was trying to confuse the OL, butt why not just keep the LBs in coverage to take away the quick slants and posts in the middle of the field that were splitting the two safeties? Shouldn't we blitz less with such a great DL? Get pressure with only 4 and have 7 in coverage?

Butt I better stop asking these questions or else Dabo is going to chew my ### out and leave the program

We won the game???

Nov 26, 2018, 9:38 AM

I thought we had lost based on all the snowflakes on the boards

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I experience transports of joy when we beat Sakerlina.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:50 AM

Still, not happy with duhfense.

same concern Shorty

Nov 26, 2018, 11:29 AM

We won and Fireball was a happy ####.

But it concerns me we weren’t able to adjust. Don’t know if it was scheme or the old “we got who we got” comment on our secondary. The other concern I had was we had guys (especially) LBs looking at the sideline when the ball was snapped.

But hell yes, we 12-0 and gonna be 13-0. Good times to be a Tiger...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deebo is out of eligibility.***

Nov 26, 2018, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deebo is out of eligibility.***

Nov 26, 2018, 2:14 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 592
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic