Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
qwestion for the folks on here not livin with mamma
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

qwestion for the folks on here not livin with mamma

Jul 2, 2020, 7:22 AM

I always see people say they're making food that seems like a ton of work.

How often do you cook a real meal?
If married, who usually cooks?
cause, as we all know, the wife needs to be chained to the stove with a teddy on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cooking doesn’t have to be a chore...

Jul 2, 2020, 7:41 AM

Especially so when preparing a new or favorite meal.

The mrs does most of the cooking inside here, I have my own kitchen on my porch where I reign.
I have a Chem degree so cooking is a lot like chemistry.

It’s all about how well you like to eat, not how much!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but the cleanup is the big chore.***

Jul 2, 2020, 7:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clean as you go is the key to that. *****

Jul 2, 2020, 7:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I subscribe to that strategy

Jul 2, 2020, 8:09 AM

On the other hand, Mrs No will use several measuring spoons, cups, knives and just pile them in the sink till she's done, instead of cleaning one over and over as needed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Clean as you go is best.***

Jul 2, 2020, 8:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% THIS

Jul 2, 2020, 8:23 AM [ in reply to I subscribe to that strategy ]

SheGUAR cooks 99.5% of the time, I usually do the dishes...when I cook, I also do the dishes(weird how that works), but I tend to put things away and either wash or put in the dishwasher as those items are done being used...by the time the food's ready, it looks like someone just delivered it to out kitchen

yeah, but my problem is that I use a lot of pans and

Jul 2, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Clean as you go is the key to that. ***** ]

utensils. I've got to mix ingredients in bowls. I cook items separately and combine. I steam veggies which takes a pot, steamer, top. I've got to use the correct knife, cutting board, spoon. It's the ocd engineer in me. Things just got to get done right.

I hate it when my wife cooks and I clean. She's a mess. She too uses lots of pots and pans but she spills, splatters, drops, and just makes a mess to clean. I've mentioned it a few times...it's probably best if I never mention it again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife and I share cooking

Jul 2, 2020, 7:48 AM

I cook the most. She is a nurse and has really long hours so I always cook on the days she works.

I probably cook 3 real meals a week. 2 nights leftovers or something quick and 2 nights we go out to eat.

I like cooking and I'm pretty good. I am an absolute grill master. And by grill, I mean charcoal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love to cook so it isn't a chore. I have found...........

Jul 2, 2020, 8:01 AM

that cooking for one I usually have to much. I can get take out cheaper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: qwestion for the folks on here not livin with mamma

Jul 2, 2020, 8:05 AM

I cook almost every night. Cooking is stress relieving and a creative outlet for me. My wife knows how to boil water or make a sandwich.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always done most of the cooking.

Wife rarely does. Usually....ideally we split duties. Me with the meat in the grill. Wife man's the kitchen and does veggies. I also do most of the grocery shopping.

Now if it weren't for my desire to have some free time and peace and quiet grilling meat, we would eat fast food every night.

Only time wife really spends time in the kitchen is when she bakes something. Cake. Bread. Whatever. She loves baking. But only does it when we have family functions. She rarely bakes just for us. It's a way to impress family is my guess. It works too. She's a master cooking anything that goes in an oven.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sharkgirl does most of the cooking but I help

when I can see what needs done and have been given space to do so. When I grill is a different story. There seems to be a lack of understanding that when I carry the food out to the grill and say something like "I expect this to be done in about 10 minutes" that inside stuff needs to be going. Also, she doesn't watch the cat closely enough and I have to do some acrobatics to get back in with the food to avoid letting him out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we split about 50-50, and cook maybe 4 real suppers per week

Jul 2, 2020, 8:19 AM

not counting salads for lunch a lot. I cook way more than I did 10 yrs ago, but as others have said, it's relaxing and I enjoy it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so do women grill at anybody's house?

Jul 2, 2020, 8:31 AM

not here, but next door neighbor's wife grills some. Actually I think she just shamed him into doing it. Years ago it was always her, now appears maybe 75% him.

my wife doesn't even know how to cut an onion so

Jul 2, 2020, 8:41 AM

its all me or nothing. on the grill or kitchen

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, not here***

Jul 2, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to so do women grill at anybody's house? ]

My wife isn't allowed to touch my grill or my grass***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to so do women grill at anybody's house? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

My grown kids are always asking why did they not get the

Jul 2, 2020, 9:59 AM

type of meals I now cook. LOL. You have kids, both work, you do what is easy and you don't have to plan much or think about it.

Kids go off to college, I start cooking. Now I love it, but I have time (well a lot now that I am retired) to plan and try recipes.

Wife does not like to cook, so she cleans up after me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I plan the groceries and meals and do most of the cooking

Jul 2, 2020, 11:04 AM

he picks up the groceries, keeps the house supplied with alcohol, and typically does dishes with help from the kids.

Typical easier meals in our house:

Homeade pizza dough/pizzas
Some type of Asian/stirfy (Mongolian Beef, Basil Chicken)
At least one pasta dish a week (Chicken Parm, Chicken Picatta, stuffed shells)
Lots of Grilled Chicken/Kabobs
Tacos or Fajitas on the grill

Once or twice a week I do something nicer for the adults, our kids are younger so our weekly rotation is pretty basic. We usually do take out at least once a week.

I mostly cook...

Jul 2, 2020, 12:06 PM

because I like to eat good food and I'm generally better at it than my wife. I've liked to cook since I realized as a kid that cooking my own food tasted better than what my mom used to cook. We cook a real meal probably 5-6 days a week

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy cooking. I have a lot of free time

Jul 2, 2020, 12:45 PM

from December to August. Wife of works an hour away so I usually end up cooking. Like somebody else said. Clean up while you're cooking.

I'll throw the stuff I'm done with in the dishwasher as I'm going. Wife of usually cleans the kitchen afterwards while the kids clean up their mess.

Teamwork makes the dream work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Married a girl who can't cook

Jul 2, 2020, 12:49 PM

I do all the cooking, she does all the cleaning. It's a great deal.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic