Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers utilizing revolutionary virtual reality system at practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers utilizing revolutionary virtual reality system at practice

Aug 10, 2015, 5:33 PM

Tigers utilizing revolutionary virtual reality system at practice

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and Stanford head coach David Shaw have become close friends, with Swinney spending time in Palo Alto and Shaw spending time in Clemson this past spring. The relationship may soon begin paying dividends for Clemson on the field as the Tigers are using a virtual reality technology developed at Stanford. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban is not going to like thissssssss....lol

Aug 10, 2015, 5:39 PM

Go Tigers! Bring home the championships!

Like I said the other day glad David Shaw and Dabo

Aug 10, 2015, 5:46 PM

on the same committee.....awesome relationships it appears. Keep people around you that are bright and have the energy and believe in the same things...Nice job!

As my old man used to say, "if you're the smartest one....

Aug 10, 2015, 7:45 PM

...in a room, find a new room."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: New Story: Tigers utilizing revolutionary virtual reality system at practice

Aug 10, 2015, 5:53 PM

And momma said playing Madden all those years was a waste of time.

maybe Coots used this secretly to win that unexplained 5-peat!

Aug 10, 2015, 6:05 PM

LOL & GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and I thought is was the fumbles.***

Aug 10, 2015, 6:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe Coots used this secretly to win that unexplained 5-peat!

Aug 10, 2015, 8:10 PM [ in reply to maybe Coots used this secretly to win that unexplained 5-peat! ]

Well you can bet after we kick their teeth in this year, rest assured they will say bc we were allow to cheat with VR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe Coots used this secretly to win that unexplained 5-peat!

Aug 11, 2015, 9:46 AM

"Holy Oculus Batman. You think the 'ol SUC coach in Gotham will get one?" "I'm sure he will one day Robin, but right now he's working on his "enemies list" and trying to figure out which one of them tricked him into using a 3-4 defense last year." Tune in next week when you'll hear Stupidder jr say "Daddy, can we get American Pheroah in for an official visit...can we daddy...can we? They say he's as can run a great oval route and leaks and runs like a racehorse" and the 'ol SUC coach say "Now junior, we don't want to waste an official. Coach Magnum DUI watched film on him and said that although he's about 17 1/2 hands, none of them are very good!"...Same Bat Time...Same Bat Channel.

I guessed Stanford connection all along

Aug 10, 2015, 6:16 PM

When I read David's article earlier and he mentioned this technology I immediately thought this was the kind of thing that was probably developed at a place like Stanford, where high-tech research meets real college football. Then I figured Dabo must have gotten his hands on it through his relationship with Shaw. Pretty funny that I was actually so accurate with my guess but lets just hope Shaw decides to keep this technology only for his close friends. I want every advantage we can get.

Re: I guessed Stanford connection all along

Aug 10, 2015, 9:10 PM

Yourea genus, Gumph

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guessed Stanford connection all along

Aug 10, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to I guessed Stanford connection all along ]

When Nikki was born, I kinda figured she'd marry Hood. I even went out on a limb and predicted they'd write for Tigernet together. Pretty crazy, I know. Welcome to my life.

Is Howard your last name?

Aug 10, 2015, 10:24 PM

I was just wondering if Uncle Frank had sown some wild oats in you neck of the woods.

Good for you!***

Aug 10, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to I guessed Stanford connection all along ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If guys are using this in the off season to mentally

Aug 10, 2015, 7:12 PM

Practice without coaches, is it within the rules. They could use this with Quarterbacks as soon as they start school so they could get mental reps of the offense and what to do in certain situations. I could see the ncaa trying to put some rules on this technology. I think they should be able to do mental reps using this technology.

I'm glad Dabo is a coach that is willing to try new things to give Clemson an edge. It has to help with recruiting and with our players being more ready for the NFL by being able to identify situations at a higher rate of speed an accuracy.

Our LB's and QB's will be better prepared.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oculus Power.***

Aug 10, 2015, 7:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Oculus Power.***

Aug 10, 2015, 8:23 PM

LOL - indeed! And it's nice to see that hi-tech has helped redefine "Eye of the Tiger"!

Re: Oculus Power.***

Aug 10, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Oculus Power.*** ]

Heck...another University living on our coat tails...all along I thought we were developing the Oculus in the West End zone...never mind!

Virtual Reality is the next entertainment modality.

Aug 10, 2015, 10:19 PM

It will eclipse anything we've experienced.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me.

Aug 10, 2015, 10:26 PM

I've had sex.

Ever read Brave New World?***

Aug 10, 2015, 10:39 PM

No, but I bet it's not better than sex.

Aug 10, 2015, 10:52 PM

two dollar

Entertainment MODALITY.***

Aug 10, 2015, 11:54 PM

I downloaded the book last night.

Aug 11, 2015, 11:02 AM

I'll start it when I'm done trolling tnet.

2 dollars in Tijuana, maybe.***

Aug 11, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to No, but I bet it's not better than sex. ]

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Why the hell is this being posted. .

Aug 11, 2015, 10:56 AM

This should have been kept quiet (Tigernet). And don't you R.A G. Morons go the public knowledge route. If we are #7 of many D1s, it ain't public.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

?

Aug 11, 2015, 11:01 AM

The developer, inventor, creator is busy selling it to every program which will give him the time of day, you driveby, RAG wannabe.

yes, d@mn that davidhood & tnet for taking this public...

Aug 11, 2015, 11:27 AM

http://strivrlabs.com/wp/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/06/09/strivr-eon-football-virtual-reality-training-college-quarterbacks/28725797/

still shaking it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why the #### is this being posted. .

Aug 11, 2015, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Why the hell is this being posted. . ]

> This should have been kept quiet (Tigernet). And
> don't you R.A G. Morons go the public knowledge
> route. If we are #7 of many D1s, it ain't public.
>
> -Doc

Cuz...it isn't a secret

Cuse bought into this stuff last Spring

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/05/syracuse_football_is_the_only_acc_school_to_use_this_virtual_reality_technology.html

Re: New Story: Tigers utilizing revolutionary virtual reality system at practice

Aug 11, 2015, 12:47 PM

Nice learning tool but there is still a big difference between reality and virtual reality. Everybody is a star sitting in a lazy boy. Making the play when you are about to take a hit is the thing.

Aug 11, 2015, 6:30 PM

Just like film study, only more in depth. But based on your logic, there is still a big difference between reality and film study... No use in studying formations and tendencies I guess because that isn't "reality" where the real hitting takes place.

Why the hell is this being posted. .

Aug 11, 2015, 4:47 PM

This should have been kept quiet (Tigernet). And don't you R.A G. Morons go the public knowledge route. If we are #7 of many D1s, it ain't public.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Have you considered trying girls?

Aug 11, 2015, 6:45 PM

Maybe it's not your style, NTTAWWT, but really, unless you know for sure you ought to try females.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic