Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't understand why the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,639

I don't understand why the ACC

Jul 25, 2020, 9:39 AM

can not simply help Notre Dame in the following way.

Notre Dame already has 6 ACC games on schedule. Let them do their plus one game with Navy, or either Arkansas from the SEE. Both of those games are already on their schedule so they could pick one. That gets Notre Dame to 7 games. Let's now get them to 11 by taking three ACC teams that lost non-conference games to other leagues. That will help Notre Dmae get to 10 games as well as those other other 4 ACC schools. Notre Dame could also call on one of their independent friends to do this instead of the 4 ACC schools, perhaps BYU or Army.

All of the other 14 ACC real members play a 10-game conference schedule, and their scheduled game vs Notre Dame, plus one. There, everyone is at 11 and no need for Notre Dame's games to count toward league standings or compete for the title. I really don't understand why that has to come into the picture no matter how many games Notre Dame playe.

That gets everyone to 11 games, which brings up another question. Why go to all this trouble just to play one less regualr season game. The rest of the ACC should just drop the FCS game and be done with it.

Make no mistake, this is all being done to cater to Notre Dame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand why the ACC

Jul 25, 2020, 11:15 AM

Simply put, Notre Dame should not play in the ACC championship game if it isn't a real member of the conference!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the REWARD was greater than the "RISK"

Jul 25, 2020, 11:22 AM

ND would be calling us everyday!

My money says they would go 10 and 2 at their BEST!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the REWARD was greater than the "RISK"

Jul 25, 2020, 1:28 PM

They could go 0-6 if we get rid of the ND OOC games, and that would be a huge risk to ND for setting out the season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 11:25 AM

Why not just ask them to join the Conference and keep their separate TV contract and take no financial remunerations from the ACC. It will strengthen the ACC and won't deplete our funds. We will gain additional revenue in the long run by having them on the schedules of all the ACC teams. Seems harmless to me, though I suspect the logic is other teams may desire similar arrangements in the future. Whatever the case, over time, we have to strengthen the Conference in football. If Florida State and Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech don't get back to begin respectable opponents, it will become increasingly difficult for Clemson to make the playoffs every year Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They could be the Texas of the ACC.....***

Jul 25, 2020, 11:34 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand why the ACC ]

That would be letting them in without any compromise by them whatsoever, having their cake and eating by themselves. No siree can't do that, wrong move when dealing with ND. They would insist on picking their own schedule of the teams they want to play every year!!!

Jul 25, 2020, 1:19 PM

I say the ACC only plays their #1 OOC rival, and that would leave ND looking for those 6 slots to be replace bc the only OOC game being our yearly rival game with USUC. If you're want to hurt them, hurt them the right way, in their bank account that they have always proved is the only thing that matters to them!!! They could get mad and pull their other sports programs from the ACC at a cost of $50 mil, or join with their FB, or find replacements for 6 games, or sit home this FB season and watch conference teams play FB!!!! It isn't like they wouldn't have a choice....

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,639
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic