Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't understand coots.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,134

I don't understand coots.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:18 PM

Why come on here, start threads, and get in arguments with people? I see full threads of coots arguing back and forth with Tigers. Wut. Why?

You have the ultimate trump card right now, and you never use it. It's like you haven't been there before.

Oh wait...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is as relevan as they will ever be

Dec 5, 2013, 8:20 PM

Can't totally blame them for it. Most coots I know have been pretty cool about it.

It's called "rubbing it in," which is why they are here in

Dec 5, 2013, 8:22 PM

droves celebrating the fact that they're not having to suffer a "defeathering."

Naturally, I would prefer a "wringing of the ole chicken's neck," but that's just me! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. But they don't need to argue with anyone to do that.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:24 PM

They get all riled up about what people say, even after a win. They could just say...

Scoreboard. And walk away.

You are a student of the game, my young Friend, and you

Dec 5, 2013, 9:10 PM

know very well that even in its infancy as a sport, fans across the nation have run their mouths, engaged in fisticuffs and even fixed bayonets against each other.

It's the nature of the beast, and what has made it so enjoyable to folks like you and me. We dish it out; they return the favor...and in these times, it fills every site on the internet, on the airwaves or in print.

Thus, I've just let my old hide thicken over the years and laugh and scoff off the comments. That's because my time to "return the favors" will come soon enough!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand coots.

Dec 5, 2013, 8:25 PM

We had one in here yesterday telling paying board members to stay out of certain threads and not to post on certain topics.

Wut?

From what I've seen it's only the online scum

Dec 5, 2013, 8:26 PM

I have to go through Columbia fairly often and it's only the clearly inbred that heckle a little too far. Which has been par for the course for a long time.

Online scum, and the truly ignorant...

Dec 5, 2013, 8:43 PM

Many of my closest friends are Gamecock fans, and they were done come Monday. Next year they will pick it back up in August with the occasional jab.

The ignorant ones will talk about it all year. There is a guy I work with who told me that "Most Carolina fans know that this game is the only one that matters." This was shortly after he told me that his Carolina hat was a crown.... "For What?" I asked... State Championship.

When I tried to explain that they have no conference titles, that they needed to be worried about the bigger picture... He just didn't get it.

Re: Online scum, and the truly ignorant...

Dec 5, 2013, 9:24 PM

How I see it also. I grew up with three clemson cousins and good friends who were tigers. As kids it was a running diatribe year round, mostly them bragging and me spouting reasons why next year would be different. As adults, though, we barely discuss it. Maybe the week before the game. I have spoken to 2 of the cousins and a friend this week and the game hasn't even come up. Really, what is there to brag about? I didn't suit up to play or have any input on the gameplan. We will eventually discuss it, I guess, but it really didn't even cross my mind to bring it up. Not avoiding it. Just other things to talk about lije kids and jobs and christmas plans. Stuff that actually involves us.

I feel like both our programs have elevated

Dec 5, 2013, 8:49 PM

To the point to were this game feels more like a bowl game or exhibition. It really is secondary to our major goals but some people want to hang on to it like it is the super bowl. I mean fire Dabo, really people?

Dec 5, 2013, 9:16 PM

Misery loves company.

It has become the biggest game of their

Dec 5, 2013, 9:23 PM

Their season. The trolls on here are likely the bottom 10% of the fan base. My guess is they have nothing else to do until healthcare.gov becomes operational. I do have many friends that are "S. Carolina" fans and they have been cordial, so I have to give some credit.

Dec 5, 2013, 9:55 PM

They've been losers for over a century, you can't expect them to learn how to win with dignity in half a decade.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,134
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic