Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC deserves to fall apart if this is true
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The ACC deserves to fall apart if this is true

May 22, 2012, 7:41 PM

I stole the below statement from this link

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12251119

"But a package of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State didn’t excite the ACC, according to sources. The ACC was concerned about preserving its East Coast identity; was concerned about Texas’ Longhorn Network causing too much disruption in revenue sharing; and would have preferred a package of Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas if it was going to take any Big 12 schools, sources said."

There is one reason I 100% believe this statement is true. LOOK at the school on this list that doesn't belong based on FOOTBALL "Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas"

hmmmmmmm...I wonder which one it is. KANSAS. It makes that statement 100% believable. Only the ACC baskeball morons would turn down getting Texas and Oklahoma into the ACC because they would rather have KANSAS. How funny it is that their own stupidity is going to be the end of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll end up with a NORTHeast identity

May 22, 2012, 7:44 PM

that can't play football worth a ####.

Amen...apparently thats what they want***

May 22, 2012, 8:00 PM

You realize Texas is the reason for all of the

May 22, 2012, 8:00 PM

conference realignment crap to begin with?

Texas is selfish with their TV revenue, I have no idea why so many of y'all want to associate with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I would rather associate with Texas who cares about football

May 22, 2012, 8:02 PM

than UNC and Dook who only care about basketball and running the ACC. If we are going to be pushed around it might as well be in a sport we are most committed to.

Obviously UNC cares about football or they

May 22, 2012, 8:03 PM

wouldn't have paid good money to get a good coach and then cheat to keep good players; however, they got caught.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The priority is BB and always will be with UNC

May 22, 2012, 8:09 PM

There is no arguing that. Look at the direction the conference is heading; BB is the reason.

One difference: Texas wants to keep as much $$ as possible

May 22, 2012, 8:09 PM [ in reply to You realize Texas is the reason for all of the ]

Duke and UNC want to suck as much money away from schools like FSU and Clemson as possible.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^hates Robin Hood***

May 22, 2012, 10:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You also know that all Big 12 schools have signed a 13 year

May 22, 2012, 8:21 PM [ in reply to You realize Texas is the reason for all of the ]

grant of rights...which assures that no one is going no where.

If the conference was so weak, or they hated UT so much, why sign that?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Because it's what they had to do to save the

May 22, 2012, 8:24 PM

conference. Better to stay with Texas than to have no conference at all was their motivation.

Also, this article says 6-year, where do you see 13? http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32540165

Re: The ACC deserves to fall apart if this is true

May 22, 2012, 8:26 PM

If this is true they are truly idiots!!!

Message was edited by: Tiger Contractor®

I don't think you'll have to worry

May 22, 2012, 9:12 PM

the "football" schools are fleeing like rats on a sinking ship. Once Clemson and FSU leave to the B12 and VPI leaves to the SEC the ACC will have no other choice but merge with what remains of the Big East and form a Basketball Super conference. The days of this ACC are counting down to the end.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic