Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We win out, are we stuck with the Orange?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

We win out, are we stuck with the Orange?

Nov 10, 2013, 12:13 PM

What are your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We win out, are we stuck with the Orange?

Nov 10, 2013, 12:14 PM

Well, I wouldnt call any BCS Bowl being "stuck". I think the Orange has a better pick this year so it likely wont be a non-AQ I dont think.

Nov 10, 2013, 12:16 PM

I know, I just hate Orange. Would think we might be better off playing a stronger team than what we would face in the Orange. Stuck, was a bad word, but still hate the location and travel to Orange.

Nov 10, 2013, 12:18 PM

Hate, Orange Bowl. Not Orange.

Nov 10, 2013, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We win out, are we stuck with the Orange? ]

Hate traveling to Miami!?? Maybe we will get lucky and make it to that Detroit bowl they have lined up.

I don't think you understand

Nov 10, 2013, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: We win out, are we stuck with the Orange? ]

The Orange Bowl gets the first pick this year. Thus, should have the most attractive team available. Unless they go for C.Fla to sell tickets, it should be a great team. Right now I would bet Oregon, but there is a lot off football left.

Re: I don't think you understand

Nov 11, 2013, 2:13 PM

Yea, odds are if we win out, we're going to be playing Oregon in the Orange Bowl...opponents don't get much stronger than that haha

If FSU loses to Florida I think we go to the Sugar***

Nov 10, 2013, 12:15 PM

Re:Wake Forest would beat Florida.***

Nov 10, 2013, 1:18 PM

STUCK? Are you kidding me?***

Nov 10, 2013, 12:25 PM

Must think it is okay to be blown out at home and still make

Nov 10, 2013, 12:31 PM

MNC.

I believe it's time for you to check out from this sport

Nov 10, 2013, 12:29 PM

find something else to do, another hobby, if the Orange Bowl is disappointing to you.

Sorry to break the news, but you are pretty much always going to be miserable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more. Well said

Nov 10, 2013, 12:37 PM

This is supposed to be entertaining and fun for us. And if going 11-1 isn't fun for you then this isn't the sport for you to follow

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to 2013.

Nov 10, 2013, 12:38 PM

America the Entitled.

Good lawd, you guys need to calm it down a little.

Nov 10, 2013, 12:54 PM

My point is that I would rather a situation like last year to happen where we beat a Top 10 team instead of playing a team like N. Illinois.

Entitled? You kidding me? You can suck it bud.

LOL. You told me to "calm down a little".***

Nov 11, 2013, 1:44 PM

I don't care if we're playing the Dancers of Nansisi.

Nov 11, 2013, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Good lawd, you guys need to calm it down a little. ]

A BCS bowl is a BCS bowl.

Re: Good lawd, you guys need to calm it down a little.

Nov 11, 2013, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Good lawd, you guys need to calm it down a little. ]

As was mentioned, Orange Bowl has the first pick this year so we'd likely play Oregon if we're fortunate enough to make it. Would you rather play the 49ers?

Aside from the unfortunate choice of wording...

Nov 10, 2013, 1:12 PM

Given the Orange's spot in selection, Clemson would be a likely team.

If things stand as they are now, logic would say the Orange would take the first pick to grab Oregon (OSU being unavailable) as a high-visibility team. Unless the Sugar has something up its sleeve, a No. 5-6 Clemson vs. a No. 4 Oregon is scarcely a "who-cares" scenario.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

misinformed

Nov 10, 2013, 1:21 PM

Misguided , self important, idiotic, entitled with no reason,never played or done anything with that type of attitude & if you did not want to get ripped then you should have read your ignorant question before you posted it. And one more thing Clemson has 3 games left that are all winnable & all 3 could be lost. Go Tigers take it one at a time!

I'd be okay with us going to the MNC

Nov 10, 2013, 1:25 PM

this year...... Albeit a very slim chance of happening

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

How is that "stuck"???***

Nov 10, 2013, 1:26 PM

I think your fears of the Orange Bowl pitting us against a

Nov 11, 2013, 2:04 PM

N. Illinois type team, provided FSU and us both win out, are moot. The Orange has the first choice of BCS-eligible teams this year after the Sugar and Orange choose replacement teams for their lost conference hosts. We would almost assuredly be the Orange's replacement for FSU after the Sugar picks a replacement for Bama. The Sugar can't pick us without the OB's permission because we're from its host conference. After Bama and FSU are replaced in their respective bowls, and the other conference winners fill their host bowl spots (B12 Fiesta, B10 and Pac-12 Rose), the Orange gets the first choice of whoever is eligible (Top 12 BCS) and available. If UCF wins the AAC and doesn't climb higher than #16, then the door is open for an undefeated Fresno St. or N. Illinois to AQ their way in. UCF and the mid-major would command two of the remaining three BCS bowl spots, but considering the Orange would be picking first, they could, and probably would, skip them in order to snag a higher-ranked, [expletive deleted] BCS-conference team, such as Oregon, or perhaps OSU if they lose the B10 championship game, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stuck with the Orange" is the GREATEST one liner

Nov 11, 2013, 2:11 PM

EVER spoken in sports for a spoiled rotten fan base- not a cut but in fact quite the opposite. DANM we've got it good don't we??

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic