Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think this was a case of vandelism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,612

I don't think this was a case of vandelism

Jun 28, 2013, 10:56 PM

Personally I think this kid is a fanatic Clemson fan almost to an unhealthy extent. I think this kid came up with the brilliant plan that he could take just a piece of the rock so he could have it as memorabilia and most of us would simply blame it on the coots or the dawgs. This is more of a theft with damage to school property than what would normally called vandalism. I don't think the kid meant real harm but he certainly is misguided in his thought patterns which may ultimately give him a felony for life. Personally I hope he can avoid that felony but that's just me...im a believer in second chances and a felony does not offer that chance its forever and ruins a persons life. I think if they can recover the broken piece they should have the kid pay for repairs along with big fines and lots of community service. You may not agree with me but this is what I think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think this was a case of vandelism

Jun 28, 2013, 10:59 PM

I agree that that is what you think... does that help?

Jun 28, 2013, 11:01 PM

nice post and a valid opinion. I am of the totally opposite opinion. A self absorbed me first attitude that should be made an example of. he is 18 not 12. and no fan would do that.

just another valid opinion

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2013, 11:02 PM

I agree that is your opinion as well.

You can call it anything you want to.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:05 PM

It is what it is!!!! Regardless of what the intention was!!!! One thing for sure is, that it was way beyond stupid!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can call it anything you want to.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:26 PM

WAYYYYYYYYYYY beyond stupid!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By ANY standard what was done was vandalism.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:07 PM

The reasoning behind it may up for debate, but it was undoubtedly vandalism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was the

Jun 28, 2013, 11:11 PM

intent. Im actually thinking this kid may have some kind of mental issues. It will be interesting to find out more info. Regardless im not sure the word stupid can be used here...it goes wayyyy beyond that.

Stupid applies.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:12 PM

And his intent was to break something that didn't belong to him and take a piece. That is both vandalism and theft.

The why may be interesting. But it doesn't change the facts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was the

Jun 28, 2013, 11:15 PM [ in reply to It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was the ]

I'm sure his lawyer will find something to blame it on. It is never the fault of the weasel who dies anything anymore. Too much love at home, not enough, a bad hair day, irritable bowel syndrome or you name it. The lack of personal accountability is rampant in society.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meant does not dies

Jun 28, 2013, 11:16 PM

sorry

Jun 28, 2013, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was the ]

Personal accountability is really what I'm wanting to see and hear with this case. That would make it a lot easier for me to forgive them. I do believe that for God to forgive us, we surely have to forgive others. But I will never forget the hurt and anger their actions have caused me and Clemson Nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was th

Jun 28, 2013, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was the ]

My IBS controls me sometimes and I cant help what I do. oaiudfilagsykluyfQ K ,ETK de6838 rfkuUfcklugyclo8 g

Stupid IBS!

Jun 28, 2013, 11:32 PM [ in reply to It may be vandalism but I really don't think that was the ]

Gee ,seems a lot of people are willing to make excuses for this guy.. I am willing to let the courts decide, not the court of public opinion. Remember the person just smashed the rock after they could not steal the whole thing. If he is guilty, the punishment he has brought on himself will be far worse than any court could give for this crime. His name will be forever linked to The Rock. History will not be kind.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:29 PM

Everyone knows what the rock looks like. We would notice a small chip off of it too. He jumped the fence and broke the protective case. Both of those moments were ones that should have triggered the "I shouldn't be doing this" part of his brain, which should have made him stop. If he lacks that, he is a moron. If he ignores it, it is clear criminal intent.

Maybe, but..

Jun 29, 2013, 12:22 AM

He might as well go buy a garnet shirt right now, because he's not allowed to call himself a Clemson "fan" anymore.

Definition of vandelism

Jun 29, 2013, 1:09 AM

Willful or malicious destruction or defacement of public or private property.

Seems to fit the bill to me.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic