Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No QB No premier RB No superstar WR Depleted OL where do we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

No QB No premier RB No superstar WR Depleted OL where do we

Nov 16, 2014, 2:18 AM

Go from here

We will lose to the Coots for 6 times in a row.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree about WR, Mike and Scott are definitely superstars

Nov 16, 2014, 2:22 AM

when they have a QB who can throw it 15 yd. Mike could easily be having the season of his life right now if DW was healthy or TB was QB but he's not a screen guy so can't do much with Stoudt at QB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: disagree about WR, Mike and Scott are definitely superstars

Nov 16, 2014, 2:48 AM

Its kind of rare to have an elite running back, QB, and Wr's. We were kind of spoiled recently with several of the greatest Tigers to step on the field at the skill positions. I think our WR corps is loaded. Mike Williams, can be incredible. The diving catch, nothing short of AWESOME. Scott, IMO, will leave Clemson as one of the best, judging from what I've seen. Peake has great ability but just can't stay healthy. Although he has had some drops, Hopper is awesome with the ball in his hands. We have servicable TEs, I don't know if I'd call any of them standouts at this point but I think they have the potential to be pretty darn good.

I think the RB situation is hard to read. I haven't seen enough of them to really have an opinion either way. Its hard for anyone to judge them...cause they never get the chance to clear the line of scrimmage. We just simply cannot run block. How many 3 & 1s or 4th & 1s have we failed to covert? The run blocking problem isn't new, IMO.

We can't pass block very well either. But this is why Watson has shined where Cole has not. The pass blocking sucks. Watson goes through his progressions quicker and seems to better understand where his WRs on timing routes.

As for all the ROb Spence era screens. Its kind of hard to throw down field when you have even the 3rd string D linemen from Insert Division III cellar dweller program here.

I thought that we had been recruiting OL much better the last few years but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully, the boys coming in next season can contribute because they couldn't do much worse than what we've seen this season. I also would have thought that our OLine would be okay, I mean they practice against one of the best Dlines to ever line up at Clemson. I'm curious thought. Do they coaches have to dial down our D because the OL can't handle them? Cause there is no way in hades that they could hold their own against Williams, Crawford, Beasley, Jarrett, Barnes, Watson, and suck this bad on gameday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No QB No premier RB No superstar WR Depleted OL where do we

Nov 16, 2014, 2:23 AM

Look at the chemistry Watson was forming with Williams and Hopper. Also, Gallman had 2 100 yard games in a row. I think if Watson hadn't gotten hurt I wouldn't be saying this right now. Cole makes everyone around him worse,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

confidence of the team visibly drops with cole in***

Nov 16, 2014, 2:48 AM

I don't think the players want to play for Cole -

Nov 16, 2014, 7:52 AM

Yesterday was mainly Cole mistakes, but in some of the earlier games, players just didn't seem to make the catches they would for Deshaun, Makes me wonder if Cole is an abrasive leader or something.

Agree witht the people that mentioned Mike Williams, and to some extent, Scott. Hopper is a liability on the field and does more harm than good. Gallman has looked pretty good at times. Choice is where it's at if he can come back healthy.

We all pray for a speedy and complete recovery to Deshaun. He is a great kid, and hopefully this doesn't impair the amazing leadership and poise that he has shown us already. If it takes him a little extra time, Kelly Bryant can run our offense if necessary. We really need a speedy QB so our offense can throw defenses of balance. It's been obvious that a pocket QB just doesn't work. Before the first pick 6, Cole was running it, and we were moving the ball. Scheusler has run it a little in the spring games, but I'm not sure how he'll do against first team defenses. I'd like to see a lot of him in he GA ST game if DWS ACL tear is confirmed.

Tough day yesterday, and tough days ahead. I thought 9-3 would be an excellent year after losing our offense to the draft. We still have a chance to beat the Gamecocks. Perhaps karma will get them for yesterday's game...

We have potential WR superstars....just need a QB that can

Nov 16, 2014, 7:56 AM

throw.

you're missing the point entirely.

Nov 16, 2014, 8:05 AM

Clemson Football isn't about football. It's about doing the job parents should have done before hand and football is just what they do on the side. Our players don't act like FSU players and they get college degrees. That's what it's all about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic