Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

IPTAY Question

Jul 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

Last year I donated 350.00 and bought two tickets in TDS row N

This year I donated 2,100.00 and bought two tickets in TDS row I.

Total priority points is currently 26.

Does that seem correct? Just by only having a 90% return rate, i should have moved up roughly 10% since TDS is probably the worst section in the stadium?

Maybe I am crazy I dunno, what do you long time IPTAY guys think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you should have been moved into a better section

Jul 21, 2014, 2:51 PM

I can't remember where they draw the lines, I would've thought it would have been a bugger move. I do know they had a record number of season ticket apps this year, but still.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my opinion, there is never a bad place to sit

Jul 21, 2014, 2:55 PM

(in Memorial Stadium aka Death Valley) when going to see our beloved Clemson Tigers football team play football, especially this year!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

bob's lap would seem like a bad place to sit to see our

Jul 21, 2014, 2:58 PM

beloved tigers play football in death valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^RA'd for trying to derail

Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 PM

this sirius IPTAY thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Keep in mind how IPTAY priority points work...

Jul 21, 2014, 2:56 PM

Priority points are earned based on current level of giving and cumulative level of giving. For practical purposes, every IPTAY member who has donated more than $2,450 over the last two years is ahead of you in the ticket priority hierarchy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I dont think that is exactly right..

Jul 21, 2014, 3:18 PM

I think what you said is correct for away and bowl tickets. But I dont think season tickets work that way.

Season Ticket assignment for "open tickets" go by giving level first, then priority points inside the giving level. So, you are correct that everyone that is 2 years or greater in his level is ahead of him. But he is higher up the chain than everyone in a giving category that is less than him.

That said, I believe he was hoping that he could skip over the lower levels and acquire some "better tickets" that have freed up due to attrition. Problem is the folks that are above him in the giving level have soaked up the tickets. Given our recent success that is believable.

Just the way the game is right now. The Tigers are doing good, so getting good seats the old fashion way is going to take longer.

Go Tigers
LNT

I gave him the condensed version.***

Jul 21, 2014, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I gave him the condensed version.***

Jul 21, 2014, 3:46 PM

I thought the condensed version was your "S.O.L". :)

Go Tigers!
LNT

It is but....

Jul 21, 2014, 3:53 PM

since Crump and B-Meist put everybody on "double secret probation" last week, I was a little concerend about going down that road.

Welcome to the Game....

Jul 21, 2014, 3:08 PM

From reading your post, I am assuming that you are disappointed that your big donation did not translate into "better seats".

You will find that there have been a lot of people that are in the same position. I myself did exactly what you did 10 years ago, and it took 3 years before I cracked the lower level, and even that took a bit of luck! What you have to remember is that there are a lot of faithful tiger fans in front of you that have been buying for many years. And the system that is in place rewards both loyalty and generosity.

That said, if you would rather just get better tickets now, you will surely be able to find 2 Lower Deck Tickets for less than what you just paid. Tigernet is full of people selling there tickets.

My opinion, play the game. But pay attention and dont get taken advantage of!

Go Tigers!
LNT

Re: Welcome to the Game....

Jul 21, 2014, 3:59 PM

I have no problem with the seats if they are correct. As someone stated above, it does go by giving level and then priority points. That still leaves four donation levels below me, so no matter how many points they may or may not have I would be above them.

That being said I would also be below everyone who renewed.

Again, if its correct I am fine, I will play the game for as long as it takes. I am now 30, I have been a Tiger fan for 30 years. I have no problem playing this game for another 70 years give or take :) I just recently moved to an area that lets me travel to enough games to make sense in buying season tickets.

Jul 21, 2014, 4:15 PM

That is a great attitude to have! Keep doing what your doing, and you will get there.

That said don't be afraid to call, can't hurt. Or better send in a polite letter asking for a review. I was in your shoes 10 years ago. After 3 years of no results I had a perfect storm help me in my quest, and it was because I was polite. Sugar goes farther than vinger.

Keep the faith and Go Tiger!
LNT

Jul 21, 2014, 4:25 PM

Just noticed your name. I am actually moving to Lake Wylie which is why I am attending more games.

Keep in mind season tickets are sold out this year.

Jul 21, 2014, 3:57 PM

You should have joined ten years ago when everyone was jumping ship on season tickets. It will take several years for you to get seats that are significantly better than what you have now. You probably have decent parking though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am at the Gentry building. I am very happy with that.

Jul 21, 2014, 4:01 PM

It's convenient to get into and out of and its a numbered spot, so yes I am very happy with parking. (hopefully the SAT works)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic