Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on some recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,133

My thoughts on some recruits

Jul 15, 2012, 7:38 AM

Montravius Adams DT- In my opinion he is the top recruit still on the board. He in my opinion he is equal to Nkemdeche if not better. Adams is the full package. He has strength, speed, moves, and he seems smart. We will be inexperienced at DT this year but I don't see that being a weak point in 2013. Either way adding Adams would be a huge help.

Derrick Green RB- This guy I really want to see in Orange and Purple. I love his stature and speed. I believe he could be developed into a bruising hard nose running back. If Chad Morris thinks this is the top RB on our board then I want him. This is not the prototypical Clemson running back of late.

Kendall Fuller CB- Another Defensive weapon that I feel we are close to adding. As long as I can remember Clemson hasn't had a dominate corner. Fuller looked good at The Open and I really liked the Paw on his head. He's got speed and he seemed to contest most every pass and I saw him jump a route and could have probably scored if that ref didn't get in the way hahaha

Tyrone Crowder OL- Well not much to say here. Rated really high and everyone knows we could use an Elite OL recruit.

Marquez North WR- His highlight reel is impressive or should I saw Touchdown Reel. We just landed Jenkins on national TV and are looking to get another elite WR recruiting class like the 2011 class. North has the speed and has great hands. He looks like a man among boys on the field like sammy did.

I believe we have a great shot with all of these guys. I hope we can snag them all. Can't wait till the 20th for the 5 star summit

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many of these great recruits will stick if we have

Jul 15, 2012, 8:10 AM

don't win the ACC and lose to USC?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it'll matter that much, really....

Jul 15, 2012, 8:32 AM

The 2011 class was one of the best we've ever had and that was coming off of a losing season. I think the players on the team believe that the best is yet to come (which I think all of us believe, too). I think if they can be sold on being part of a great future at Clemson then present shortcomings (if they do occur) will be less important.

I think, barring a really disastrous season, we'll be able to hold on to our commitments. Plus, guys like Green, Adams and Fuller have to see that they could very likely play early.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it'll matter that much, really....

Jul 15, 2012, 11:06 AM

I think that the success that Clemson has had in recruiting is not tied into the success (or lack of!) on the field. These kids are coming to Clemson because of the coaches, the players currently here, the atmosphere and environment at Clemson, the campus, the fans, the facility improvements,academics, and the fact that Clemson has been a competative, if not great, team without bending the rules. Clemson is a great place to live, study and play football. Any kid with a brain can see the positives of being here. Potential national championships are great but probably not a reason a kid would chose a particular school. The support that Clemson receives from people such as you is very important. That is why I hate to see the negative things posted on this 'bored'!

Re: How many of these great recruits will stick if we have

Jul 15, 2012, 10:34 AM [ in reply to How many of these great recruits will stick if we have ]

don't think that will be a problem. we've been to the acccg 2 out of 3 years, winning 1. yes, we got blew out in the ob, but you have got to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. that game left a very bitter taste in our guys mouths, and i would be willing to bet that they will do every thing in their power to make good and dang sure that doesn't happen again. that was our 1st bcs game, and it didn't go well,but we,at the very least, got the taste of one. we will be back to another bcs game, and the players will know what to expect, you've got to be good to get there, and we will be ready.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2012, 10:57 AM [ in reply to How many of these great recruits will stick if we have ]

Great attitude

Jul 15, 2012, 11:51 AM [ in reply to How many of these great recruits will stick if we have ]

I think recruits will see that we have something building and stick with us!!they know that the O/B, as bad as it was, did not show our true team strengths..it also showed that we need help big time @ some positions so they might just come in and play now

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been a few years...

Jul 15, 2012, 10:15 AM

but we've had some good corners in the last ten years.

Justin Miller, Tye Hill, Byron Maxwell, Crezdon Butler.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: It's been a few years...

Jul 15, 2012, 11:41 AM

I agree with you that we have had some good corners in the last decade, but they were far from dominant or "lock down".

Maxwell was barely a starter and probably should have been playing safety. He was a big hitter, but not that great in coverage.

Tye Hill wasn't that great either, but his speed helped him overcome mistakes. To this day I'm still shocked that he was drafted so high.

Miller was a good physical corner.

Butler was very promising then kinda plateaued early.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,133
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic