Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it too soon?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Is it too soon?

Jul 30, 2019, 9:22 AM

To solicit tailgate generator advice? I just wanted to get a head start on my game day prep.

sirius replys only please

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Just tested mine out...

Jul 30, 2019, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That looks loud.

Jul 30, 2019, 9:27 AM

You will NOT be making any friends in lot C.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

probably causes cancer and kills bald eagles.

Jul 30, 2019, 1:04 PM

I wood expect nothing less from FM.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looks rigged.***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Just tested mine out... ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you really fully test it out?

Jul 30, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Just tested mine out... ]

It looks like your storage is too small for your cells.

Might wanna take a look at that and run a full test.

Get a clue

Jul 30, 2019, 4:26 PM

....that pig is clearly been shopped

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used this one last year and it worked really well

Jul 30, 2019, 9:27 AM

A couple people around me complained about the noise, but they were just being jerks. It definitely powered my TV, satellite and a blender with no problems while allowing us to plug our cell phones in to re-charge. I highly recommend it.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=23817381#23817381

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I remember hearing folks complaining about the noise...

Jul 30, 2019, 4:22 PM

They probably just have sensitive ears. I could barely hear it from my porch in Atlanta

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...some people were asking about this back in February.

Jul 30, 2019, 9:40 AM

The four more common ones seem to be;

Honda EU2000 - A little pricey but it's quiet and it performs exceptionally well.

Ryobi 2300 - More reasonably priced, not as quiet, but good performance. This Inverter also has rear wheels with an extending handle which makes moving it easier (this is the model I use).

Yamaha EF2000 - Similar to the Ryobi, more reasonably priced but not as quiet. This model has a fuel gauge so you don't have to open the cap to check the fuel level.

Generac GP2200 - Again...not as pricey as the Honda but it also seems to have a reputation of pulsating no matter the load.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Those tiny things? I'd never waste my money on

Jul 30, 2019, 9:44 AM

something that can't even power an entire neighborhood if needed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I can't find any of those at Harbor Freight.

Jul 30, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to No...some people were asking about this back in February. ]

:(

Harbor Freight model (pic),***

Jul 30, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: No...some people were asking about this back in February.

Jul 30, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to No...some people were asking about this back in February. ]

There's an off-brand Yamaha (SC2000i) with good reviews on sale for $399 at Costco right now. https://www.costco.com/A-iPower-1600W-Running--2000W-Peak-Gasoline-Powered-Inverter-Generator.product.100343958.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it too soon? the 3 main prerequisites

Jul 30, 2019, 9:47 AM

loud to discourage conversation, powerful to light half of Clemson, large to take up you parking space and the neighbors. at least those are the ones I've seen

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it too soon?

Jul 30, 2019, 11:06 AM

Have you considered a couple of marine batteries and a good inverter?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he's trying to tailgate on his boat. Hth***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:32 AM

Re: I don't think he's trying to tailgate on his boat. Hth***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:50 AM

Two marine batteries and an inverter will run a satellite and led type tv all day long. No noise no gasoline.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he's not going to the game by boat. That's my point***

Jul 30, 2019, 12:02 PM

Re: But he's not going to the game by boat. That's my point***

Jul 30, 2019, 12:08 PM

OK , any type battery, RV, car, deep cycle, that he can put in his trunk or bed of his truck and transport over land to the tailgating site.
Just trying to help.

Wrong again moran

Jul 30, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to But he's not going to the game by boat. That's my point*** ]

Re: Wrong again moran

Jul 30, 2019, 12:32 PM

Perfect

Red and black? So you're a leghumper fan now?***

Jul 30, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Wrong again moran ]

FIFY: So you're still a leghumper fan, coot?******

Jul 30, 2019, 12:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^still adding nothing of value^^^

Jul 30, 2019, 12:54 PM

I have a carbon neutral generator fueled

Jul 30, 2019, 12:57 PM

by Stanley scok's rage. I would poast the technical specs but my patent is hung up in the courts right now.

You have patented a perpetual motion machine generator?

Jul 30, 2019, 1:00 PM

The experts were wrong.

LMFAO

Jul 30, 2019, 1:00 PM

if only DSP were alive to read this.

Oh he's reading.

Jul 30, 2019, 1:04 PM

I can feel it.

Re: Oh he's reading.

Jul 30, 2019, 1:06 PM

Following

Jul 30, 2019, 1:02 PM

Yeah, you need to get your tailgate perfected this year

Jul 30, 2019, 1:06 PM

in anticipation of me joining you and TotalTeeTiger® at your tailgate and seats next year.

I can't decide between the 15KW or the 30KW generator option

Jul 30, 2019, 1:24 PM

I mean, I have to run a TV pretty much all day and I'm concerned that I won't have enough power.

What I really need to understand is the fuel requirements and no one is talking about this yet. SMH

I am a true fan, as identified previously and this stuff is really important to my game day experience.

Not sure what value you can add to my tailgate so the invite is still "pending".

You're gonna need to talk to the HBIC

Jul 30, 2019, 2:37 PM

because the invite is official, a done deal so to speak. We worked these details out a couple years ago so the only thing left to do is wait patiently for the 2020 season.

She doesn't want to get involved in my tailgate power

Jul 30, 2019, 3:05 PM
tailgate map.jpg(184.4 K)

problems. She's pretended to be on conference calls all day just to avoid the issue.

@TotalTeeTiger® made this map so you could find our spot. She marked it with a green "X"...

It's true. I don't get involved in the power.

Jul 30, 2019, 3:19 PM

That includes man power and generator power. I take care of the rest (food, bev, decor, etc.)

You know how it works... I work the front, you work the back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That last part....

Jul 30, 2019, 3:28 PM

I need clarification.

...and pigs***

Jul 30, 2019, 3:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That's my woman-she backed right in to that one!***

Jul 30, 2019, 5:10 PM

Re: That's my woman-she backed right in to that one!***

Jul 30, 2019, 5:24 PM

Methane Generator

Jul 30, 2019, 1:47 PM

It's the only way to go...

I've found that the easiest thing to do is to bring

Jul 30, 2019, 4:27 PM

a couple dozen extension cords and plug em right in to the power plant on campus. I prefer to support my local economy instead of buying some fancy schmancy gas guzzler made by Japs

Re: I've found that the easiest thing to do is to bring

Jun 30, 2022, 7:56 PM

the good old coal plant that still powers the west campus. I never saw anyone enter nor leave that building, I am pretty sure it is run by Oompa Loompas.

Re: I've found that the easiest thing to do is to bring

Aug 2, 2019, 1:34 PM

I literally lol'd out loud!

except I think they converted it to natrual gas now***

Aug 2, 2019, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I've found that the easiest thing to do is to bring ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: except I think they converted it to natrual gas now***

Aug 2, 2019, 2:33 PM

So is the bath room in our office, I swear that my Boss' brother has been eating of the trash again.

Re: Is it too soon?

Jul 30, 2019, 4:34 PM

This little baby I just bought has 3 generators in the rollout garage. You can hook up to one of mine if you need it.

My generator keeps breaking...

Jul 30, 2019, 5:25 PM

The dumbace coot grad student I got running the generator keeps falling down.

I’m bout to fire him and get a better Southern New Hampshire University model instead.

~JKB

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic