Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd says he thinks he's the best QB in CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd says he thinks he's the best QB in CFB

Jun 19, 2013, 3:30 PM

Tajh Boyd says he thinks he's the best QB in CFB

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh!

Jun 19, 2013, 5:13 PM

I found it distastefully conceited for Tajh to say that he thinks he's the best college quarterback in the country. Even if he thinks that he shoulda said something more humble like, "I wouldn't say that. There are a lot of great quarterbacks out there. I'm just working hard to be the best quarterback that I can be."

I found it comically hypocritical for him to say a couple sentences later that "for me, you know, it's all about staying humble".

I also found it a bit arrogant that he took the bait and gave advice to Johnny Manziel. He shoulda said something like, "I wouldn't even try to give Johhny Manziel advice. I just know what's right for me."

It's unfortunate that the ESPN guys kinda baited him with questions that were ripe for arrogant answers. Tajh seems like a good guy but Clemson's PR department needs to give Tajh some training on how to answer interview questions.

he continues to be an outstanding representative of clemson

Jun 19, 2013, 5:27 PM

& the clemson program.

his answers were honest, but in no way boastful. i found no arrogance at all in anything he offered.

perhaps the only one in need here is you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying, you're the best QB is "in NO WAY" boastful? Absurd!

Jun 20, 2013, 1:31 PM

C'mon... If saying that you're the best ________ is "in no way boastful", then nothing is boastful. Boastfulness has nothing to do with honesty, since most braggarts probably honestly believe their boasts.

Your comment exemplifies the absurd level of bias present among many fans (or blind partisans in politics, etc.). I imagine that you and others would take quite a different view of the boastfulness if any of our opponents' players or coaches had said, "I think I'm the best __________".

Look at the headline of the article. "Tajh Boyd says he thinks he's the best QB in CFB." I was stunned to see that headline and I doubted that Tajh actually said such a thing. But he did. It's not like I nitpicked one obscure line or took him out of context.

If we're being totally honest, I think we all know that saying that you think you're the best_______, is boastful and not classy. You may hear such claims in pre-fight WWE, boxing, & MMA but not from CFB QBs, et al. Let's face it... Tajh's answers were boastful and I'll bet that Dabo, et al, have since given Tajh an earful of similar advice to what I originally posted above about how to handle such trap interview questions.

Re: Saying, you're the best QB is "in NO WAY" boastful? Absurd!

Jun 20, 2013, 1:35 PM

no way in hell you are a tiger fan. your comments are so far off the chain they need no comment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saying, you're the best QB is "in NO WAY" boastful? Absurd!

Jun 20, 2013, 2:04 PM

I've seen you post on T-Net a LOT, and so I'm pretty sure that if you had any logical counterpoints, you'd have made them, rather than claiming that my comments are "so far off the chain they need no comment".

the only thing i find absurd is you thinking you could in

Jun 20, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Saying, you're the best QB is "in NO WAY" boastful? Absurd! ]

anyway offer him guidance. that is absurd.

he was asked a pointed question to which he gave an honest answer, one he backed up with a brief assessment of how he'd earmark his 'style'.

he didn't show up saying, yo, Tajh in the house! you know it, i know it, everyone else knows it and i'm here to say it, i'm the best #### qb in all the land. i'm every rich girl's dream, every poor girl's desire & every sts homeux's pin up boi.

that's me being honest about what i find to be boastful. now you can run along with your absurdity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So honest, well-reasoned boasts aren't "in any way boastful"***

Jun 20, 2013, 2:15 PM

did i stutter? or are you stupid suggesting a 'boast' is

Jun 20, 2013, 2:25 PM

equal to an answer?

his was an honest, well-reasoned ANSWER, to a pointed question; nothing boastful about it.

you care to provide another event, perhaps we'll agree on something else?

"I'm the best" is "in no way boastful" if honest? Too funny***

Jun 20, 2013, 2:33 PM

you'll be hard pressed finding that quote in the audio.

Jun 20, 2013, 2:55 PM

he was introduced as one of the best in the land and then asked if he thought he was the best, he said, "do i personally?... i think so...[description]"

that screams a lot of things to me, but boastful's not one.

hey, it's your right to polish another of your turds as often or in any fashion you like. maybe one day you'll fashion a diamond.

i haven't seen one of them yet, but i'm always hopeful.

Re: LOL! point for you.***

Jun 20, 2013, 2:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Summarized for a one-line response. See headline.***

Jun 20, 2013, 5:07 PM [ in reply to you'll be hard pressed finding that quote in the audio. ]

In the words of Will Sonnett...

Jun 20, 2013, 3:00 PM [ in reply to So honest, well-reasoned boasts aren't "in any way boastful"*** ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1qkorFszY

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was asked a question and answered it truthfully

Jun 19, 2013, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

and he did sound arrogant he just said "Do I personally? I think so I think so" and elaborated on it a bit, he didn't come out and say "Oh yeah no one is on my level" or something like that. It wasn't like he was giving Manziel any playing advice, the kid obviously doesn't know how to handle himself.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Tajh did stay humble

Jun 19, 2013, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

"Personally? I think so."

I think so. That shows he's confident without coming out and saying "Heck yeah, I'm the best there is!"

Quit hunting for negatives.

I don't think he was being conceited; I think he answered

Jun 19, 2013, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

truthfully, like so many others have said.

However, I agree that he stepped into a trap that the ESPN guys laid that could certainly give a beat writer the ability to paint him in a bad light.

Add in a couple of foul connecting sentences in an article by the wrong publication *cough* AJC *cough* and suddenly he's the biggest jerk in football.

Re: Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh!

Jun 19, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

what is even more unfortunate is there are fans like you around. anyone that dont think tajh has handled himself with pre class and work ethic should not be allowed to procreate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2013, 2:29 PM

If you post that someone shouldn't be allowed to procreate for expressing an honest opinion, then you might not want to proclaim judgments about "class"... especially in the same sentence.

Jun 19, 2013, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

Well then just maybe You should sit in for Tajh in his interviews so that it will be worded with what you think should have been said. Personally I think he is the best college QB in the country right now. And if a man feels that he is the best at what ever, nothing wrong with him saying so. How would you have felt if he had said, I think that Johnny Football or the dude at Louisville is the best. Now that he has said that he is the best, he knows that he has to prove it. And I personally believe that he will. Go Talh and make Razz proud if that's even possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I don't want a QB that doesn't believe he's the

Jun 19, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

best!! Half of making things happen comes from believing that you can make it happen.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Personally, I don't want a QB that doesn't believe he's the

Jun 19, 2013, 8:27 PM

Exactly!!!

Jun 19, 2013, 8:44 PM

Show me and let me decide!

Jun 20, 2013, 3:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Personally, I don't want a QB that doesn't believe he's the ]

I get what you guys are saying, but sometimes we know it's not the case. I think having a QB that knows his limitations and shortcomings is pretty valuable. I want my QB to think he is the best QB on our team, but not a delusional QB that thinks he is the best when it is clear that he isn't. Boyd can make a case for being the best, but it sounds funny to say "Personally, i think i'm the best", then talk about staying humble. He is a great QB though,until he plays against us...i kid, i kid.

Jun 19, 2013, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Personally, I don't want a QB that doesn't believe he's the ]

Agreed, every champion in boxing have stated that he's the best. To be the best, you have to believe you the best. First, you have to believe it, in order to achieve it. Can't doubt yourself if you trying to be the best.

Jun 19, 2013, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Personally, I don't want a QB that doesn't believe he's the ]

I AGREE!
'very similar personality to a fighter pilot...
but it has to be, in both cases.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm OK with him believing he's the best, but not saying it.

Jun 20, 2013, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Personally, I don't want a QB that doesn't believe he's the ]

That's just not classy and consequently, I can't recall any college football quarterback ever saying it.

If only he listened to your advice about not giving advice..***

Jun 19, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

Jun 20, 2013, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

I'm glad I stopped and listened to the interview.
I would have never interpreted his interview the way you did. That's why I did listen, your comments were so out of character from what I've heard in the past from Boyd.
So, I decided, I need to hear this for myself.
I found it very positive, and thought he represented Clemson well. Not sure where you derived all the negativity. I'm really puzzled about that.

Bottomline!
GO TIGERS!!!

Read this whack job's posts above - he isn't basing his

Jun 20, 2013, 5:24 PM

posts on the ACTUAL AUDIO of WHAT TAJH said . . .

Apparently he is basing it on the SUMMARIZED words in the headline of this article.

The words that have been PARAPHRASED by someone else to garner attention for the article.

One of the top 3 worst posters on TigerNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I see your points, but if he proves it I will forgive him.***

Jun 20, 2013, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh! ]

Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd says he thinks he's the best QB in CFB

Jun 19, 2013, 5:50 PM

I Don' See Where There Is A Problem ????????

HE IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!

GO TAJH !!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!

Jun 19, 2013, 6:55 PM

U are a ignorant piece of chet! Tajh has more class at his young age than your entire family tree! I'm glad he believes he is the best QB in college FB and has the guts to be honest about it...also, he IS the best D*MN QB in college FB, you dirt pecking Coot!! Quit trying to build confidence in your feelings for your program by trying to criticize ours! Roooolllll TAJH!!!!!!

Jun 19, 2013, 7:07 PM

Razz is not a coot, but he can be a negative AS$ most of the time.

Jun 20, 2013, 12:07 AM

After those comments, it really would appear that way.

GO TIGERS!!!

No arguement here, which I said that last yr.

Jun 19, 2013, 6:56 PM

wouldn't trade Boyd for anyyyyyone in the country.

Re: Re: Said he's best QB & advised Manziel to be humble like Tajh!

Jun 19, 2013, 7:29 PM

Then he is actually worse than a Coot!!...but, he certainly is NOT a true Clemson fan.

He better think he's the best!

Jun 19, 2013, 8:15 PM

He is the best... nuff said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He better think he's the best!

Jun 19, 2013, 8:19 PM

Then SC can beat the best QB for the last three years? I doubt SC could beat Johnny football three years in a row!

they won't have a chance. Johnny Football can't wait to get

Jun 19, 2013, 8:21 PM

out of College Station ;)

Photobucket

This doesnt deserve a response, but i cant resist

Jun 19, 2013, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: He better think he's the best! ]

He didnt elude or imply that he has been the best QB for the last 3 years... He IS the best QB. (emphasis on the tense in case you dont get it) There are 20 other starters in a football game... to say that a team beat one player is pathetic to begin with, but really moronic if you think about it (which I know is tough). And just for the record I would hope the coots could beat Johnny Fball 3 years in a row, but I doubt they could beat aTm 3 yrs in a row, but it just depends on when you play them. If you coots would schedule a cupcake or bye the week before you played them every year, I like your chances with the teams you have had.

Jun 19, 2013, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: He better think he's the best! ]

Usuc has beat Clemson only b/c of lack of depth that started when TB was fired and Dabo only signed 12 players. We Clemson has finally caught back up and you Bas tards winning days are over. And you low life Bas tards will be put back in your place in your sh!t house stadium November 2013.

Jun 19, 2013, 8:43 PM

Whatever all orange. If you want to think it was b/c of a recruiting class 4 years ago, well so be it. This year suppose to be CU best. What will the excuse be if it doesn't workout again?

I personally believe it's just a mindset

Jun 19, 2013, 9:05 PM

We got upset by ya'll in 2009 and then got our doors blown off in 2010 because of injuries. In 2011 we were on our little 4 game slide because Boyd lost weight. This year we had no excuse to lose to you, as I consider both teams to be about equal right now, one is not miles ahead of the other. I just think we let you get in our heads because you were playing really physical and upbeat (heck, your sideline was ELECTRIC in that game). If we lose again this year, there will be no excuse. The talent is there, it would just be a letdown game like this year.

Seriously? Lost 4 games because "Boyd lost weight"?!

Jun 19, 2013, 10:21 PM

That's a new one.

1.) That was a typo 2.) you blew it out of proportion

Jun 19, 2013, 10:41 PM

I meant to say because Boyd GAINED weight at the end of 2011 and become a worse QB. Also, I didn't say that we've lost 4 in a row because he's lost weight (how does that make sense anyway? He's only played against you 3 times...). That's a neat lawyer trick you used to try and shift my words into something they completely weren't, but I'm afraid it was snuffed out.

Shift around your words?

Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 PM

You said "4 game slide because Boyd lost weight." How did I shift around your words? And I thought the 4 games you were referring to were our 4 games at the end of the regular season (although I did forget that we won that Wake Forest game, so it wasn't 4 straight losses, just 3 out of 4.) So I didn't think that you were referring to 4 games against SCar. Talk about blowing it out of proportion-don't take it so personally.

Sorry, I think we both got a little confused by each other

Jun 19, 2013, 11:29 PM

By "4 game slide" I meant we didn't play those 4 games very well. Yes we did beat Wake Forest but it wasn't pretty. As stated before, the "lost" was a typo as I meant to say gained Also, I thought you were a SC fan trying to say that I was using that as an excuse and using my typo as reason for it. I see now that I was wrong and I apologize for that. I think we both just got each others words a little mixed up, sorry about that. :)

Don't see that very often on this board.

Jun 19, 2013, 11:34 PM

I did think you were using that as an excuse, but you said it was a typo, so fair enough. Not sure I agree that Boyd's weight gain was why we played bad those 4 games, but agree to disagree. Not very often you see people admitting they were wrong here. Refreshing.

Oh yeah, his weight gain definitely wasn't the only reason

Jun 19, 2013, 11:42 PM

I just think that caused him to be a much worse quarterback. And when your star quarterback is playing bad, the rest of the team is generally going to follow, so that's why I really like to list that as my "main" reason. Granted, there were a lot of other things going on at that time too (Andre Ellington was hurt, Bellamy was starting to act out, turnovers were getting worse, defense was starting to cool off) so the blame obviously does not rest SOLEY on that.

Ya i agree with that.

Jun 19, 2013, 11:43 PM

TU.

Jun 19, 2013, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: He better think he's the best! ]

0-3

Charlie Whitehurst was 4-0

Jun 19, 2013, 9:06 PM

So even if Boyd loses again we can call it even. ;)

You can't judge a QB just by which games have been lost

Jun 19, 2013, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: He better think he's the best! ]

For instance, CJ Spiller was quite possibly the best RB in the nation in 2009, but Clemson went 9-5. Does that mean that only a RB on a team that won a lot of game?" No, because good players don't always come from good teams (heck the no. 1 overall pick in the draft came from CENTRAL MICHIGAN of all teams). Being good doesn't mean that your team is always going to win games. In fact, I've always said the best players are the ones that do more with less. If there is something that the last 2 years have taught us it's that Clemson's O-line definitely has it's problems late in the season. Even with these problems, Boyd still puts up good numbers. And look at the numbers he was able to put up while constantly being beat up on in the LSU game. That, to me, is one heck of a QB. Best in the country? He's definitely one of the best, but he has a chance to be No. 1 if he does well on the field this year.

Oh and not only that, but you can't judge how good someone is NOW by how they have been in years past. Players are always getting better, so harping on games Boyd lost 3 years ago is NOT a good measure of talent. Thus, your logic is null and void.

Re: You can't judge a QB just by which games have been lost

Jun 19, 2013, 10:32 PM

AMEN. I'm glad someone understand a little more about the game of football. SUCCESS and BEST of a player in this game is not measure by wins and loses or coach would have it easy while recruiting. Its how well they play within the TEAM GAME, win or loose.

Just my two cents but.....Just who has Boyd beaten?

Jun 20, 2013, 9:39 AM

seriously?

Did you miss the Chik-fil-a Bowl?

Jun 20, 2013, 9:48 AM

Must have ...

What happened the last time your dawgs faced LSU? Does losing 42-10 ring a bell?

Re: Did you miss the Chik-fil-a Bowl?

Jun 20, 2013, 11:33 AM

That is the problem, his bell was rung.

Re: Just my two cents but.....Just who has Boyd beaten?

Jun 20, 2013, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Just my two cents but.....Just who has Boyd beaten? ]

LSU.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Just my two cents but.....Just who has Boyd beaten?

Jun 20, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Just my two cents but.....Just who has Boyd beaten? ]

LSU, and will beat your team in August.

semiholes, castrated turkeys twice to win the conference ...***

Jun 20, 2013, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Just my two cents but.....Just who has Boyd beaten? ]

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 20, 2013, 10:16 AM

You must have been bullied in elementary school or something to FEEL the way you do about Tahj's interview.

Jun 20, 2013, 1:43 PM

I was never bullied, but in elementary school I did hear people brag about being the best. I've rarely heard such boasts since elementary school, hence my original post above.

You havent cared about his humbleness before...

Jun 20, 2013, 2:46 PM

So why now? You coots dont know the meaning of the word

Re: So honest, well-reasoned boasts aren't "in any way boastful"***

Jun 20, 2013, 2:49 PM

Youre abturd tazz

Jun 20, 2013, 2:57 PM

Tajh wasn't boastful at all by responding to totally loaded question.

He was honest! To all the Tajh haters (aka...ignorant Coots), what was he SUPPOSED to say??? "No, I suck"???

He carries himself with humble class, leadership quality, pride in his TEAM (not personal) accomplishments, and does it all knowing that even if is the best, he has to put up with the biased BULL$hit vomited out of the "SEC" loving pr.icks!!

Tajh deserves everything positive he gets because he has EARNED IT!!

Go Tigers!!

P.s...All you stupid Coots can disagree all you want. Your opinions don't count for $HIT here!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2013, 5:15 PM

If you had read my original post you'd see that I actually provided examples of the kind of responses that I think Tajh should have given. Not sure how that makes me a Tajh hater or a Coot.

Don't you think that the examples I provided would have been much classier responses?

Well.....

Jun 20, 2013, 5:19 PM

using the terms "coot" and "classy" in the same sentence is absolutely pointless because they negate each other.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually used them in separate sentences but point taken.***

Jun 21, 2013, 1:25 PM

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic