Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what is Trumps main goal here?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

So what is Trumps main goal here?

Nov 20, 2020, 2:11 PM

I don't think he seriously thinks he can steal the election at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$***

Nov 20, 2020, 2:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he ever did.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:18 PM

They were sowing this stuff before the election even happened, saying the mail-in ballots were going to be rigged, and if he didn't win, it was rigged, because LOOK AT THOSE RALLY CROWDS, etc.

Their internal polling likely showed the same thing as the external polling, so I believe they anticipated this result.

The goal is clearly, to me, to portray the image of a "warrior" to a segment of the population that thinks Democrats winning would destroy America, so that he maintains greater popularity among that segment of the population. Whether he intends to leverage that popularity into economic opportunity in 2021 and beyond, or another White House run, or both, I guess we'll see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll start his 2024 campaign the same day he concedes...

Nov 20, 2020, 2:19 PM

so he can keep raising sheep's money for his SuperPAC(s?)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A month ago, I would have said (and likely did say)

Nov 20, 2020, 2:24 PM

that I didn't think he would run again. But I have changed my mind. It looks like he does want to run again, based on what he is doing. I'm optimistic the people will reject him as a candidate in 2024.

Re: A month ago, I would have said (and likely did say)

Nov 20, 2020, 2:26 PM

He won't run again. He just wants a lot of attention over the next 4 years.

I think I agree with Ford that he'll immediately announce

Nov 20, 2020, 2:29 PM

running in 2024 when he concedes, or whatever version of concession he does. Whether that candidacy sticks based on circumstances that come along, maybe is another story.

Re: I think I agree with Ford that he'll immediately announce

Nov 20, 2020, 2:38 PM

He will want to make it seem like there is a strong possibility, but in the end he won't.

If he can raise money to a SuprePAC without actually running

Nov 20, 2020, 2:44 PM

he won't formally run necessarily, but I think he announces and runs so he can raise campaign money on a take back the White House for the people slogan.

Re: If he can raise money to a SuprePAC without actually running

Nov 20, 2020, 2:45 PM

Definitely.

Nov 20, 2020, 4:31 PM

Nov 20, 2020, 4:35 PM

I will definitely consider a Republican in 2024, but never Trump for me.

Nov 20, 2020, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: If he can raise money to a SuprePAC without actually running ]

Unless laws change you will not be able too.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: A month ago, I would have said (and likely did say) ]

Carl,

Immediately declaring to run would ensure him plenty of attention - and plenty of money.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:50 PM

Exactly. That's all he wants. He might have tons legal probs out of office too. He is going to need the cash.

Re: So what is Trumps main goal here?

Nov 20, 2020, 2:22 PM

To get his base fired up and looking at how he can exploit their loyalty after the election to make money. If he makes them think he was robbed etc etc, he will have more of them following him to his media venture or rallies or however he will make money exploiting them.

Money. The pressure from hundreds of millions in debt,

Nov 20, 2020, 2:23 PM

which he personally guaranteed, and is coming due next year probably has him a bit more squirrely than usual.

Given the extra scrutiny he will be receiving as an ex-president, any financial struggles or humiliations he suffers from will be front page news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If money was an issue he wouldn't have given his $1.6M in

Nov 20, 2020, 2:31 PM

salary back.

Try again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

You're an easy mark.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:40 PM

With a minimum of $400 million in debt and estimates of double the amount, you statement is ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're an easy mark.

Nov 20, 2020, 5:25 PM

I don't know how is other properties are doing, but Trump Doral is tanking and has been even before covid.

Buying all of those golf courses

Nov 20, 2020, 6:02 PM

Was a vanity thing for Trump. He loves golf and the attention he gets by buying these historic clubs and building courses. But the golf business has been trending downward for many years now. He made all of that money from reality TV and I think it’s possible he blew a lot of it on these golf courses. Clearly he’s taking a lot of losses from some businesses to pay such little tax. Another reason he paid such little tax is because he’s depreciated out his real estate all these years. So whenever he sells these properties he’s going to have a gigantic tax bill to pay. Plus he has personally guaranteed something like 400 million in debt that comes due in the next few years.

Re: Buying all of those golf courses

Nov 20, 2020, 6:05 PM

You don't become a billionaire with the Apprentice. Doral supposedly cost his organization 400 million. That's his only course where his family are the only owners without partners.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Dude...

Nov 20, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to If money was an issue he wouldn't have given his $1.6M in ]

he's making a lot more money right this second raising money for legal fights and funneling it to debt retirement and his pockets.

This is always such silliness

Nov 20, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to If money was an issue he wouldn't have given his $1.6M in ]

It's amazing some of you Trumpies still parrot that salary thing. The man played record amounts of golf on taxpayers' time--much more than his salary would have been--and he and his family have raked in cash over abusing their positions with their properties, thus severely violating the emoluments laws.

The "I'm not taking a salary" ploy was just to dupe naive people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So soon you forget Barry teeing it up in Hawaii***

Nov 20, 2020, 5:52 PM

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Ah, a "what about Obama"!

Nov 20, 2020, 8:29 PM

Definitely the answer you needed to give. I show that Trump's golf counts far surpass the salary he would have made, plus note how he's profited off of his properties illegally in the White House, and the best you can do is, "But... but... Obama played golf, too!"

Wow. That's pretty sad. And embarrassing.

Oh, and here.

Trump's golf count in the first four years is 287 vs. Obama's 98 at this point in their presidencies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: This is always such silliness

Nov 20, 2020, 11:48 PM [ in reply to This is always such silliness ]

Because CNN told you so? The light will expose all.

Nov 20, 2020, 2:27 PM

Giving SPACE FORCE laser command time to double-check & acquire all opposition targets.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I want

Nov 20, 2020, 2:28 PM

his strategy to be centered around starting his own network, i worry that everyone enabling him might actually convince him he can stay in power.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as people will allow him to get away with is

Nov 20, 2020, 2:42 PM

the "boundary" on his behavior.

Ethics, rules and laws were intended to constrain his opponents.

Money and Power

Nov 20, 2020, 2:42 PM

Unfortunartely, Trumpism will live on after he leaves the WH and the Republican Party isn’t going to be able to shake him off.

The spineless pubs (Cruz, Lee, Rubio, McConnel, even Haley) will continue to fellate him for political purposes and those who dare stand against him will risk losing their careers.

Trump has the base fired up and all the lies, conspiracies, and demonization of so-called ‘leftists’ (basically anyone who is not a follower) will continue.

I used to wonder how the citizens of Germany could have been so complicit in the evil perpetrated against a race and the entire world. I don’t wonder that anymore...you only have to look as far as social media, even some on this site, to see how otherwise normal and rational humans can be manipulated.

Trump and those who support him have done more damage to this Republic in the last four years than any foreign enemy could have ever dreamed.

Re: Money and Power

Nov 20, 2020, 5:48 PM

Yeah, even if he doesn't declare, he is going to be a king maker. His rabid horde will vote for whoever he supports and punish those he opposes - Governors, Senators, Representatives, etc.

This why none of the Reps will speak up about this outrageous exercise in futility. They do not want to draw his vengence. And make no mistake. He is vengeful and petty and he will not forget.

It's definitely self serving

Nov 20, 2020, 2:46 PM

As many suggested, just about money and publicity. He doesn't care about America, our stability, or anything else important. That's how his whole administration has been. He never cared about helping our nation or any of its people. Just himself and his kids.

Sadly, a few GOPers actually want to try to help him in this losing and destructive effort.

Re: It's definitely self serving

Nov 20, 2020, 5:49 PM

I hope that people will remember the Repugs who have stood by silently.

Re: It's definitely self serving

Nov 20, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to It's definitely self serving ]

He loves America with all his heart and is saving America and the world for that matter. With God all things are possible.

I can tell you that the battle is really over, it just has to finish playing out.

Apparently you will all be surprised.

Nov 20, 2020, 11:40 PM

Trump's goal is to serve his second term that he overwhelmingly won.
To defeat the globalist agenda.
To return freedom to the American people.

It is all happening but some can not or will not see it.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic