Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong"

Aug 21, 2018, 5:52 PM

Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong"

Clemson senior receiver Hunter Renfrow spoke with the media following Tuesday's practice and talked about the offense this year and the possibility that it coul Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong"

Aug 21, 2018, 5:56 PM

Who are the doubters?

I don't think doubters is the right word........

Aug 21, 2018, 6:44 PM

Since Renfrow has been on campus the pre-season story has been all about: "how good will Clemson's offense be"? I read this to mean, "they will be talking about us like they always have; just b/c Williams, Cain, Watson, Gallman, etc are gone; don't forget about us!

The following will sound totally like a homer sentence but: with 17 starters back and quality depth we have a real chance at being "scary good"! Everyone has to stay relatively healthy and we have to go into each game and handle business like we mean it. Especially early in the game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think doubters is the right word........

Aug 21, 2018, 9:22 PM

WAtch the Simmons interview ....he summed it up perfectly when asked about comparisons to 2016 team “can be as good IF we keep our Focus”. I think it is ALWAYS the key to a great team playin to their potential. Must stay in the game till it’s over. MUST maintain that killer instinct for the whole game. Rotation players are key to putting the nails in the coffin and building for the future. Go Tigers

Aug 21, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong" ]

The doubters are all the bozos that keep spouting off that the coaches don’t know what they are doing and can’t/won’t/don’t play the best QB so we can’t/won’t win a NC because we won’t be able to get the ball downfield or in the hands of our playmakers. Blah Blah Blah. Just sayin’.

I’m just ready for some football!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!! 11 DAYS!!!!!!

Re: TNET: Renfrow on offense:

Aug 21, 2018, 9:47 PM

Wrong. The doubters are the ones that are still saying Clemson was DW and is a one and done for the championship without him.

You really don't get it...For all you know, Trevor may have won the battle but the coaches need him to play in games and earn the teams respect and some experience before they hand it over. They may be having a 2-3 QB game plan. No one really knows yet... They are just saying what they want to say to please the media, not necessarily telling you every little plan they actually have. Make no mistake, naming the day 1 starter does not mean that is their final choice...it just might be who the team and what has been earned right now is backing, and none of us know any more than anyone else. They could prove the doubters wrong with any of the 3.

But the doubters have always been the national media, the people that still think Clemson is overrated and was mainly DW4... Can get there but can't beat Alabama again.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:54 PM

Dude you need to take a break. He’s talking about you!!! You do not know more than the coaches or the towel boys Let it got

Aug 21, 2018, 9:56 PM

I couldn't care less. He's not talking about me... If he is, he's an idiot, as I said if KB improves, he could do it. Oops. Hint, he has to have improved though. KB playing like last year, yeah, I'll go on record and say he can't, and won't, hold Trevor off.. Improved passing, that changes things.

So go on somewhere else, where you'll actually read things...

And umm, please, mr expert. What is exactly Dabo's plans? When is TL exactly coming into Furman? Texas A&M? FSU? GT? Yeah, exactly, you don't know either. When did you physically with your eyes see this "improved passing"? I'm not taking about reading or hearing coach speak, I mean really see it, in a game, against a formidable opponent? Yeah, you haven't yet. Bye bye now.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:03 PM

Just like you I have know clue what the coaches are going to do. But I do know they’ve won 70 something in the last 7 years without your help

Aug 21, 2018, 10:06 PM

They've also replaced 2 QB's in that time, one a starter (Stoudt) one a 2nd string (Cooper)... Mid season. I called both of them happening...FWIW.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:09 PM

Cooper ??

Aug 21, 2018, 10:13 PM

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Bolt/Hunter-Johnson-edges-Zerrick-Cooper-for-No-2-QB-spot--110853491/

Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Renfrow on offense: ]

And how many have they won without your help??

Aug 21, 2018, 10:15 PM

And they got yours how? Yet you are still saying your thoughts. I didn't say in giving them help. I haven't emailed Dabo telling him how to run the program. I've just posted on a public board my thoughts. Is that really so bad?

Aug 21, 2018, 10:17 PM

You need to take a break.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:19 PM

Nope, I'm just discussing like everyone else. You need to take the break, from telling others what to think. Learn to accept people have differing opinions.

And see, I even just said KB can do it if he improves the passing from last year, and you still aren't happy with that. You won't be happy till I stick him on a pedestal for having a 13 passing TD season following 2 consecutive full season QB's that had 35-40+ passing TD seasons and very close if not better rushing seasons to his. Sorry, not going to happen. He can get better... Hopefully for him, he has.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong" ]

YOU ARE CORRECT!!! WELL SAID! NEED MORE TIGERNET POSITIVE COMMENTS... BUT THE WORLD IS FULL OF DEBBIE DOWNERS....

Aug 22, 2018, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Renfrow on offense: "We are excited to prove some people wrong" ]

Hunter himself is always promoting backup QBs in interviews, so i think your opinion of what he meant to say is not only not what he said, but also not what he knew but somehow failed to express as artfully as you.

No chance that HR is playing the 'doubters' card for extra motivation this year, after Bama's Tony Brown came out in last year's game all fired up over the mythological 'lyin' Hunter had done on him the year before? And you know that how?

And there's no chance he's referring to media people who compared Clemson's stats to previous years and found them...lacking?

Always amazes me that the people who want to keep the status quo assume the head coach does, too, and also thinks the head coach agrees with them that winning the championship will be easier this year than it was last year and Best Is NOT the Standard if it means hurting someone's feelings.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:07 PM

If their Goals are to win the ACC championship, then go win your playoff game, then play for and win the National Championship. How is it that Renfrow can say that nobody is upset with winning the ACC and getting to the playoffs. Everybody on the team that was there last year should be totally upset that they didn't finish their set goals. You can't be happy with only completing part of your goals especially when you were shut out from scoring a TD in your playoff game. Is our team getting mentally soft bc they have been there, and willing to be satisfied with a top 5 ranking. They fell 4 spots short of their season goal, and I don't want to hear that nobody was upset, I want to hear how ragging pisssed off everybody was, even that their Pets at home was ragging Pisssed off!!!

Renfrows words are, and Last year wasn't 2016!!!

RENFROW; I feel like we had a really good offense last year. We did a lot of things well, kinda was unique of things not that we had done in past. It worked for us. I don't think anybody is too upset, obviously, we wanted to finish better but I don't think anybody is too upset with winning the ACC Championship and getting to the playoff. I thought we had a good year offensively but we can improve on some things."

Lots of folks believe that Renfrow will make a good coach some day, and I can't disagree. But I can swear that he already has the coach speak down pat!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 10:11 PM

Maybe not upset as much as now motivated? Similar to 2015 to 2016. Positive spin?

Aug 22, 2018, 10:57 AM

We can only hope. I know that Renfrow isn't the type that brags about what they do or have done but, after the terrible loss that we had against Bama, I would expect him to have a lot more fire in his gut than he showed in his interview, just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 5:38 PM

Hunter does not have a fiery personality, but he does turn the heat on between the sidelines.

Aug 22, 2018, 1:14 PM

Just to be clear. I do not have a favorite between KB and TL. I will be in my seat in Death Valley cheering as hard as I can for whoever the coaches put on the field. I believe deciding who plays is the coaches’ jobs and I have faith in Dabo and Co. and will support them fully. I also believe my job as a fan is to support whoever they put on the field by helping create the best environment possible in DV.

GO TIGERS!!!!! 10 DAYS!!!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic