Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My question is, what NFL player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,542

My question is, what NFL player

Sep 28, 2017, 10:19 PM

is going to take the first step past the anthem protest and rent out a convention hall or something to start the "conversation" everyone protesting says needs to happen. They've got the resources and the clout, right? Could the two sides even be civil enough to be in the same room and have such an event?

Sorry for being a hypocrite since I hate this topic. I'm certainly sick of the politics creeping into sports, but I want to see what these athletes will do after starting all this. What will they do to finish it?

Like I said, sorry for bringing this up again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An early lesson in obeying laws and peaceful interaction with the police

Sep 28, 2017, 10:24 PM

Would go along way, but it's so much easier to just take a knee and make the family happy. Sad but true

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what you call "peaceful" is just telling people to "act white." don't be

Sep 29, 2017, 1:37 AM

forcing your culture on other people!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Did you forget to take your meds?

Sep 29, 2017, 6:13 AM

If you honestly believe that there's something psychologically wrong with you. You sound like a deranged lunatic...lol.

Seek professional help immediately.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw someone suggest that the players actually go

Sep 28, 2017, 10:25 PM

on strike until "progress is made"

Re: I saw someone suggest that the players actually go

Sep 28, 2017, 10:33 PM

GOOD

Yes, please

Sep 29, 2017, 6:14 AM [ in reply to I saw someone suggest that the players actually go ]

...go on strike and never come back. :)

Re: I saw someone suggest that the players actually go

Sep 29, 2017, 8:02 AM [ in reply to I saw someone suggest that the players actually go ]

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO - PLEASE GO ON STRIKE - LIKE FOREVER!!!!! Problem solved.

How can we convince them to do this? WIll the NBA join them???? POTY ^^^^

I don't think anything will make the kneelers happy.

Sep 28, 2017, 10:36 PM

They are focused on the very very small percentage of racist white cops who killed black people. They don't seem to care why these cops did what they did, or if it was even race motivated to begin with. They just want to latch onto the sensationalized media stories about racist cops. No amount of facts, or discussion, or even promises to try to improve things will help. They certainly haven't so far.

Do most of the kneelers even know why, specifically, they are kneeling? Or is it just mob mentality at this point because it's the cool thing to do?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't think anything will make the kneelers happy.

Sep 28, 2017, 10:39 PM

EXACTLY. I couldn't agree more.

Re: I don't think anything will make the kneelers happy.

Sep 29, 2017, 6:23 AM [ in reply to I don't think anything will make the kneelers happy. ]

You realize that white people are shot and killed by police officers at a higher % and in larger number than black people, right?

Weird, because around 80% of all violent crimes are committed by black people.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good kneel NFL.

Fake news!

Sep 29, 2017, 7:57 AM

Totally wrong about percentages of police killings:
"According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

The grim trend has carried over into 2016. Of the 1,034 people killed and tracked by Burghart’s Fatal Encounters database so far this year, 215 were black while 338 were white, so thus far in 2016 black Americans have been three times more likely than white people to die in interactions with police."
" 80% of all violent crimes are committed by black people" PLEASE give me a SOURCE, The studies I see all disagree wildly but the highest number I see is 61% and the lowest is 39%, NOBODY says 80% in the FBI, University of Delaware, University of Ohio, NY Times studies.

Hopefully, the kneeling is over

Sep 29, 2017, 1:56 AM

Neither team knelt tonight and the crowd cheered them and chanted USA. It'd be absolutely moronic if the NFL brass didn't send out a memo to teams and tell them if you want to protest, then lock arm like the teams did tonight.

Side note, the NFL tried to get fans tonight to lock arms like the teams and the fans weren't having it. Sending a clear message to the NFL.

Re: Hopefully, the kneeling is over

Sep 29, 2017, 6:35 AM

Interesting.

Personally, I'm not a huge NFL fan but watch it on occasion. College been my game since well, college. But, we're done watching at home, or anywhere else. My wife's uncle is a HUGE Patriots fan and I told him that I'll come hang out, drink beer, and smoke cigars with you but I'm not sitting down and watching the game.

The only way we'd ever care about the NLF again is if they made a public apology to the fans for how they behaved over this issue. We're not holding our breaths...lol.

The politicization of the NFL over this issue is beyond absurd.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,542
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic