Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster 3rd String
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,175

Feaster 3rd String

Aug 27, 2018, 10:03 AM

Must not be completely healed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think this is more about what Choice has done***

Aug 27, 2018, 10:03 AM

Yes, we tend to forget what Choice was doing before his

Aug 27, 2018, 10:06 AM

injury. Hopefully he's BACK!

Re: Think this is more about what Choice has done***

Aug 27, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Think this is more about what Choice has done*** ]

You may be correct, but I suspect it's more about Feaster being fully healed and ready to play at 100%. I will say I love the effort Choice puts forth, though, still he isn't the blazer Feaster and the others are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe his blocking is better? There’s much more to

Aug 27, 2018, 1:46 PM

being a running back than speed.

Re: Maybe his blocking is better? There’s much more to

Aug 27, 2018, 3:46 PM

Feaster was the starter last year over choice. Obviously we run to the blocking thing about Feaster but they said he's above and beyond last year and still healing on his injury last depth chart review and that he is the most physically changed in a positive way out of the weigh in so I'd suggest that it's about his injury.

Re: Maybe his blocking is better? There’s much more to

Aug 27, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Maybe his blocking is better? There’s much more to ]

I guess that position does need a lot of blocking ability, since our QB does love to run it so much (at least he did last year). Trust me when I say speed kills, and a RB who has it is quite a weapon, if he is given the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dixon may jump Feaster and Choice as season goes

Aug 27, 2018, 10:09 AM

...on? As soon as he learns plays and blocking schemes? Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MAY***

Aug 27, 2018, 2:38 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Dixon may jump Feaster and Choice as season goes

Aug 27, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Dixon may jump Feaster and Choice as season goes ]

No.

Re: Dixon may jump Feaster and Choice as season goes

Aug 27, 2018, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Dixon may jump Feaster and Choice as season goes ]

I was pulling the ETN bandwagon before he ever got on campus just from his tape. The guy had like thirty 50+ yard runs. I don’t care if you’re playing air that’s crazy and it showed when he got here. Lyn J’s tape is nasty too (not quite ETNs) but when Elliott calls him the most explosive back in camp and ETN is in camp we have a legit contender for serious playing time as the season progresses. Feel bad Feaster didn’t pan out but my hunch is he’s not moving past 3rd string as we go through.

Re: Feaster 3rd String

Aug 27, 2018, 10:16 AM

Adam Choice was an incredible runner his freshman year. Heads above Gallman. Then he tore his ACL. He’s back at 100% and much improved. He’s thick, quick and reads holes well. He’s a punishing runner. Just watch. He’s better than feaster. We have an incredible stable of running backs.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:20 AM

Choice is not quick and not the bruiser you speak of. Adam should be utilized for his blocking, short yards because of size, and mop up duty. He’s no where on the same stratosphere as Feaster...Or Zac Brooks or CJ Fuller. Sorry....he’s a great kid and a solid player....but to say he’s better than Feaster and should be #2 is nuts...that will change before the 2 or 3rd game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

So when did Choice steal your girlfriend?

Aug 27, 2018, 10:31 AM

But seriously, to say he's not in the same stratosphere as Feaster, Brooks or Fuller? Just watch him play this year and you will see just how wrong you are.

Re: So when did Choice steal your girlfriend?

Aug 27, 2018, 3:40 PM

I love all our guys but to be honest...I never saw Choice has being special. Solid and hard working but not a star. (Pre-injury included)
I hope I'm wrong and he does amazing stuff this year! Go Tigers!

Aug 27, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster 3rd String ]

Correct! Choice was never an "incredible" back his freshman year. He won the starting spot, but not because he was incredible, but a little better at the time. I love the way he has persevered and has not given up on his career and he is a great person. As a football player, he is reliable, sure handed, a good blocker, and has some power. He will be used a lot like he was at the end of last year. A very valuable player .... glad we have him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Feaster 3rd String ]

jsebe10® said:

Choice is not quick and not the bruiser you speak of. Adam should be utilized for his blocking, short yards because of size, and mop up duty. He’s no where on the same stratosphere as Feaster...Or Zac Brooks or CJ Fuller. Sorry....he’s a great kid and a solid player....but to say he’s better than Feaster and should be #2 is nuts...that will change before the 2 or 3rd game.

You are entitled to your opinion. Notice how no one else agrees with you. Prevailing opinion by committee. Are you reconsiderin your opinion or will stubbornness be your forte.

I don't think any of them are on the same level as ETN***

Aug 27, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Feaster 3rd String ]

I think you are understimating Choice.

Aug 27, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Feaster 3rd String ]

He is a really good player, and was performing well before he tore his ACL. Assuming he is back to full strength, he stands to get a lot of carries this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feaster doesn’t block, and choice gets about

Aug 27, 2018, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Feaster 3rd String ]

As much out of his PT as Feaster does yet he blocks and is more apt to protect. Btw, ETN was a liability in the blocking game too but his upside is so much more. At the same time Feaster is a good back and maybe this is what he needs to get his juices going. Bc I think he can be a stud if he’ll just let it go and get dialed in

Aug 27, 2018, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Feaster 3rd String ]

I liked choice too. He is a tough runner. Feaster has always been soft IMO.. I know I'm going to get blasted for stating my opinion but that's the way I see it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also got to think it’s situational

Aug 27, 2018, 10:34 AM

Travis #1 overall
Adam #1 short yardage

Aug 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

He missed a week in the beginning of camp with the small cleanup on one of his knees. Give Feaster another 2-3 weeks and we'll see the best version of him yet. Mark it down.

Crazy thing, we're going to see a better version of Travis Etienne and it appears we could be poised to see the best version of Adam Choice yet as well.

Let us not forget about Dixon either...

If we can have marked improvement in pass protection, we might the best RB rotation in the country (behind Alabama).

It's actually scary how good, deep & blessed we are at RB right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For now...

Aug 27, 2018, 1:48 PM

Again, just a starting point. All signs point to Choice having a solid camp thus far. Not reading that Feaster has had a terrible camp, but in all reality the line between #2 and #3 is likely razor thin.

I would expect that a speedier Feaster will leap Choice during the season and get more carries.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 1:55 PM

I'd be willing to guess that the top three guys all have a similar number of carries so I'm not sure the order really matters. Maybe Etienne has separated and gets more carries in bigger games but even then I kind of doubt it. I don't think the coaches really want to have a singular focus back and will keep going with the rotation, kind of the same story at receiver too.

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,175
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic