Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: USA today analyst talks Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Football Update: USA today analyst talks Dabo Swinney

Nov 14, 2013, 10:58 PM

USA today analyst talks Dabo Swinney

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"it's Twitter cool to clown on Dabo". GEEEZ!

Nov 14, 2013, 11:01 PM

It's twitter STUPID to poke fun at such a classy, enthusiastic coach as Dabo. I am SO glad he is a CLEMSON coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Twitter cool"

Nov 14, 2013, 11:54 PM

Isn't that like saying, "ignorantly bright?"

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Cool as Jersey Shore***

Nov 14, 2013, 11:58 PM

Clemson

Re: Football Update: USA today analyst talks Dabo Swinney

Nov 14, 2013, 11:02 PM

No way Dabo goes to Texas over Clemson. The only place he'd leave Clemson for is Bama and I'm not so sure he'll do that. He has built something here and wants to see it to the finish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly - we bet on him and gave him the chance of a lifetim

Nov 14, 2013, 11:22 PM

I have no reason to think he'd leave us for anything. Come to think of it, what was the last Football coach that actually quit on us?

I don't think Texas offers, but never underestimate a couple

Nov 15, 2013, 12:00 AM

Million more dollars a year. Esp if Morris went with him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Charley Pell quit on us for Florida

Nov 15, 2013, 5:09 AM [ in reply to Exactly - we bet on him and gave him the chance of a lifetim ]

He was running from probation too...

Texas could flash a lot of cash***

Nov 14, 2013, 11:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Texas could flash a lot of cash***

Nov 14, 2013, 11:09 PM

Dabo can't say it any clearer than he has already at Clemson, it ain't all about the M O N E Y!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas could flash a lot of cash***

Nov 14, 2013, 11:22 PM

It appears he is content.

But vast amounts of money can sometimes make people change their mind.

On the other side of the coin I am sure he is aware of what happened to Rich Rodriguez when he moved for the cash. Had RR stayed at WVU he'd be king.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Cash????

Nov 14, 2013, 11:17 PM

Not sure Dabo would leave for Money since he took a pay cut to pay his Assistants more. It's not about money with him. He stays to finish what he has started. The only way he leaves is if he retires or is asked to leave. Great win vs GT tonight. Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cash????

Nov 14, 2013, 11:20 PM

At least somebody understands Dabo.

If this were to happen, Chad and Brent would certainly

Nov 15, 2013, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Cash???? ]

follow him to Texas where Chad is a well known former high school coach and he'd recruit well in TX. Same with Brent with all of his years at nearby OK. But I know there's no way Dabo would leave Clemson.

If Dabo left and Morris took HC I'd be fine with that

Nov 14, 2013, 11:57 PM

Not sure how good of a recruiter Morris is, but I'd give him a shot at HC.

Pretty sure he recruited Deshaun Watson and Demarre

Nov 15, 2013, 12:05 AM

Kitt directly. Sure, Dabo has a longer history of high level recruiting, but Morris has proven to be effective so far.

Re: If Dabo left and Morris took HC I'd be fine with that

Nov 15, 2013, 9:33 AM [ in reply to If Dabo left and Morris took HC I'd be fine with that ]

I'm one that wouldn't be OK with Dabo leaving to obtain Morris as HC. Dabo is and has proven him self to be a great leader. I don't care if he isn't the conventional HC. He IS the man that took over the team we love, that was a middle of the pack team. And he has turned our team toward the leader of the pack, and its getting better with the talent level that we are now getting to Clemson. So for me ### conventional bc, what Dabo does is working.

Nov 15, 2013, 9:54 AM [ in reply to If Dabo left and Morris took HC I'd be fine with that ]

How DID Morris/Venables get to Clemson when they both were very OK where they were. Dabo has a way with people, Dabo connects with people. Do you actually believe that Morris could sway people the very same as Dabo. Clemson is where we are at right NOW because of Dabo Swinney, PERIOD!!! There are some people that won't ever be glad or happy with what they have and will always want to change something, even if what they have is working. Be careful of what you think you want or ask for. You may get it and be sorry for it.

Nov 15, 2013, 1:33 PM [ in reply to If Dabo left and Morris took HC I'd be fine with that ]

> Not sure how good of a recruiter Morris is, but I'd
> give him a shot at HC.

I would give it to BV first Morris second.

Chad Morris may not be as great...

Nov 15, 2013, 12:06 AM

As some of you think he is. Dabo is the man, tho. I think Clemson would weather a Morris depature with only a few hiccups. Hell, I think Jeff Scott would make a fine OC.

I like Chad, but I'd be concerned with his loyalty.

Nov 15, 2013, 12:08 AM

Like Chad a lot, but I think he's a climber.

Based on what? Just curious. I see someone who spent

Nov 15, 2013, 12:35 AM

as much time as he did at the high school level as less a climber and more of a person who commits to his goals.

What's really cool is TigerNetters lashing out full fury at

Nov 15, 2013, 5:26 AM

these numbnutted putrid, perfidious prognosticators who make such statements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swinney - Not Morris and Not Venables Built This Team

Nov 15, 2013, 8:48 AM

I am so sick of hearing how we would not miss a beat without Swinney. Dabo, in five years, has us poised to win 10+ every year. The cupboard is loaded. Swinney took the Bowden mediocrity and has us as talented as we have ever been. Dabo hired Dan Brooks (the most underrated coach on our staff), Dabo hired Chad who was a year out of high school, Dabo hired Venables and he took money out of his own pocket to make sure he had them.

Dabo built this program and if Morris leaves, Dabo has shown he will trust his gut to find the right guy, not go with the safe pick. Morris was not a safe pick and Morris is not without warts now. (1. He freaks like a girl in big games, 2. His offense does not have a quick hitting iso element 3. He hasn't shown the ability to adjust to two deep safeties, 4. He ran around like an early girl before prom last offseason talking to anyone who would talk to him.)

Time for you guys to get on board or get off and quit acting like you are for clemson. There are donors waiting to fill your spots. Unlike Dabo, you won't be missed.

Shhh...you'll wake up Edisto***

Nov 15, 2013, 9:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto

Nov 15, 2013, 8:54 AM

Merlin...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

F*&% > The Freakin' Texas Longhorns! ! !***

Nov 15, 2013, 9:35 AM

Dabo took a pay cut to pay his coordinators.

Nov 15, 2013, 9:46 AM

I know the long term economics suggest that he invested in the job but I think there's more to the story than economics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic