Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who's nervous and who's not ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Who's nervous and who's not ??

Aug 31, 2016, 7:55 AM

I have no worries whatsoever for the Auburn game. I'm not being cocky nor over confindent for the auburn fans that I know are reading this. We are just simply better then y'all, in EVERY category including secondary and DLine. Their secondary is depleted, their DLine is good but our Oline will be the best in recent times. Our stable of WRs and RBs including DW will be too much handle. Defense will show a lot of people that we reloaded. (Can't wait to see Wilkins on the end, Dex and Carlos in the middle and Cle on the other end) that's over if not more then 1,000lbs stuffing the Auburn O.

That's half of the reason why I'm not nervous not including #TheReturnOf7 (mike Williams) so with that said. Who's nervous and who's not ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's nervous and who's not ??

Aug 31, 2016, 7:58 AM

Pencil me into the "nervously optimistic" category. Tough venue, late night, national spotlight for them to make a statement and I'm sure we'll get their best game out of them. Horses on the D-line and a QB who is more dynamic than people are giving credit for.

I'll be biting nails until halftime, and then I think in the 3rd quarter we start to blow it open. 41-28 for "good guy" TIGERS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think I have ever been so

Aug 31, 2016, 8:02 AM

confident going into an opener. DW is just too calm and we are just too talented to allow awbarn to even keep it close. I say good guys by at least two scores.

Aug 31, 2016, 8:11 AM

First day of school nervous. I know & like my classmates, my teachers, my school. Confident that it will be a great year, but still the butterflies. Not worried, but a little nervous.

Also, my wife is a gamecock, and since she will have nothing good to say about USC this year, I will hear about every Tiger mistake all season long. Hope she doesn't get to start yapping at me from game one.

GO TIGERS!

Sounds like you either need a good lawyer,

Aug 31, 2016, 8:43 AM

some marriage counseling or at least some ear plugs.

Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2016, 8:12 AM

Openers worry people . I am personally confident in this team , bordering on overconfidence actually .
However , to say that I am overconfident would be to admit that there is a chance our Tigers could get beaten Saturday night in Auburnville...and their is no chance of that .
0.00% probability
Less likely than gasoline being the next big energy drink to hit the market .
You'd be more likely to see a bull moose swim ashore on Miami Beach than see Clemson lose to Auburn in our opener .

Just relax doubters . 37-20 Tigers by the lake. Place your bets .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm a wee bit nervous

Aug 31, 2016, 8:19 AM

Not Imodium nervous, just nervous

Be sweet

What - me worry?***

Aug 31, 2016, 8:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a sign up sheet for Nervous and Not Nervous?***

Aug 31, 2016, 8:28 AM

Aug 31, 2016, 8:34 AM

I'm fairly confident!

That being said... The majority of this bored reeks of "we've never been here before"

There are fans of teams not named south cootalina or auburn talking about how unbecoming our overconfidence is
(College Football Soundoff)

Guys remember we have been here before... Try to act like it so we don't end up being "that fanbase"

All in with you on this

Aug 31, 2016, 8:39 AM

And don't forget E'where Boulware at the backer, seasoned, hungry, unhurt also. Nervous is no word - excited is the much better one. I think like a lot of these openers, there's going to be some nervous pent up energy being spilt all over the field and things are going to stand off for a little while, but as the game wears on, we're going to see talent and superior quarterback play prevail.

Not

Aug 31, 2016, 8:58 AM

We have the better team. Auburn is big and fast like us, but they have some serious ground to make up if they're going to be better than they were last season.

They have a new DC (Kevin Steele), so there's a defensive transition period for them. On top of that Steele has a TERRIBLE track record against spread-offense's. Good luck with DW, 'Bama couldn't stop him.

They don't have a proven commodity at QB. It's kind of difficult to run a spread-offense without it. Auburn doesn't have any proven RB's. They're not very experienced at WR. That's not usually a recipe for scoring a ton of points.

Unless Clemson turns the ball over I just don't see Auburn winning. Clemson should win by 10+, and it could get ugly in 2cnd half if we don't stink on special teams.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm always nervous about..

Aug 31, 2016, 9:54 AM

away first games of the season and Thursday night games. I see them both as possible traps.

worried

Aug 31, 2016, 10:04 AM

simply because offenses tend to sputter on the road early in the season while your defense travels. I don't feel that great about our defense early in the season.

I believe in DW so Clemson overcomes the difficulties and wins by 14 but, I'm worried.

Aug 31, 2016, 10:06 AM

Always nervous (except 2nd half of Miami game last year). But my thoughts are 90% chance of beating Auburn.

I'm cautiously optimistic ... here's why ...

Aug 31, 2016, 10:20 AM

I've never actually seen Clemson go on the road against an SEC foe (SCar & Ky do not count) and come away with a win that wasn't an absolute nail-biter. We've never in my lifetime dominated a game on the road against a real SEC team ... never.

I'm cautiously optimistic that all this changes Saturday night at Auburn, but given my history as a Clemson fan it will not surprise me at all if we have to fight tooth and nail to come out with a win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm cautiously optimistic ... here's why ...

Aug 31, 2016, 11:21 AM

I just feel like the Natty proved a lot to me even though we loss, I took a lot away from that game... Overall this program(not just team) but the whole program is running in different strides now. We went toe to toe with the big boy and had them beat most of the game until Saban showed why he's one of the best coaches ever.

Excited? Yes.. Optimistic? Yes... Nervous? Hel1 no! We will win and we will win BIG.

Re: I'm cautiously optimistic ... here's why ...

Aug 31, 2016, 11:49 AM

Confident as can be with the offensive side of the ball. Optimistic about the defense. I don't see Auburn scoring at will but even as good as last year's defense was they gave up big plays. Auburn's offense has the potential to make a few big plays and hang around. With that said, they lack experience at RB and WR, QB is a bit unproven so I think it evens things out for our defense in game one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The confident optimism of youth ...

Aug 31, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm cautiously optimistic ... here's why ... ]

You're a student ... and as such you have very little actual bad experience to draw upon.

I'm not saying that's a negative thing. In fact I'm a bit jealous. I have 50+ years of watching
Clemson play on the road versus SEC teams and sadly it has colored my perspective.

We haven't won very often and when we have it's been a very close affair.

I genuinely hope to be provien dead wrong Saturday night and to forever put my cautious optimism behind me in favor of future unbridled confidence!!

In other words, I want you to be right and me to be wrong.

Go Tigers!! Beat Auburn (badly)!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not.***

Aug 31, 2016, 1:15 PM

Aug 31, 2016, 1:20 PM

I bit 3 fingernails

I am a little nervous.

Aug 31, 2016, 1:21 PM

Anything can happen, injuries, etc. I like your confidence though.

In a year like this I'm nervous for every game except

Aug 31, 2016, 1:45 PM

Troy and SC State. Why? Because a national championship is on the table and losing any one of these 12 (or 13) games could easily keep us out of the playoff.

Why should we worry about Auburn despite being the superior team? Because outside of the Miami game we played pretty crappy in true road games last year. We struggled at Louisville, couldn't stop NC State, let a bad Cuse team hang around for 4q, and then tried to give the game away in Columbia against a 3-8 coot team. Auburn is better than all of those teams.

If we play well we should win going away, but we played really mediocre football in 80% of our road games last year and if we do that on Saturday night we could definitely lose.

NERVOUS!!

Aug 31, 2016, 2:08 PM

i had a dream i had an awesome dream. well, actually,
it was more of a nightmare. i dreamt auburn beat
us, and baker mayfield was quarterbacking. well,
he IS dreamy.
GO TIGERS!!! CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!

All the tangible stuff is in our favor...

Aug 31, 2016, 2:22 PM

can the crowd really make up for the fact that we are better and deeper at almost every position? I don't think so. It might not be as easy as I think but we will be celebrating a win Saturday night.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2016, 2:53 PM

I'm always nervous!??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic