Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't see our RB's getting a lot of carries vs. UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

I don't see our RB's getting a lot of carries vs. UGA

Aug 8, 2014, 11:53 AM

I know Dabo/Morris like to establish the run in games, but I think UGA's secondary is their weakest link and should be exploited repeatedly. That tells me that we will air it out all day long as long as UGA can't stop it. We are too strong thru the air, so I expect to see something like 70/30 pass/run ratio in the UGA game. I think Dabo/Morris prefer it closer to the 50/50 ratio, so we will see.

So we will probably run 90 plays, so that means we might have less than 30 rushing plays IMO. Can't wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you might be right, but i tend to believe that if the

Aug 8, 2014, 11:56 AM

ratio is 7-3 pass to run, we're losing badly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have we had a single game under Morris that was 70-30? I

Aug 9, 2014, 11:00 AM

don't think we have.

Re: Have we had a single game under Morris that was 70-30? I

Aug 9, 2014, 11:16 AM

vs wvu in the ob was close.

47 pass .635
27 rush ***

even the fswho debacle was

45 pass
41 rush ***

*** ? # of rushes not by design

just don't see dabo/morris going into any game planning to throw it 60+ times by design, but who knows...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First half only... then run the clock to protect the lead.***

Aug 8, 2014, 11:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I appreciate a man with confidence.***

Aug 9, 2014, 11:01 AM

SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14

Aug 8, 2014, 12:05 PM

second half pts......the worst GA defense has 10x the talent. 90 plays? Morris only managed 76 vs GA last season.....at home....with a experienced offense. wow.

Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14

Aug 8, 2014, 12:07 PM

And you STILL lost. Wow.

Are you 15? Because you look at football the way I did when I was 15.

Aug 8, 2014, 12:15 PM

i didn't stutter....14 second half pts. most juveniles resort to verbal attacks when they have no argument. you fit the bill.

Aug 8, 2014, 12:17 PM

I didn't attack you by pointing out that you use the most superficial and meaningless data to make yourself feel better about the upcoming game.

Carry on. You seem to REALLY believe that what the backups did against SC State means anything as it pertains to the 2014 season.

Aug 8, 2014, 12:19 PM

I guess we should have run up the score and embarrassed an I. State school to make superdawg happy.

Aug 8, 2014, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

He is the same moron who thought their record in Home openers was impressive. I posted who thsoe games were against and he disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Superdawg is a coward and a troll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Do you really want to talk about your 2nd half against us?

Aug 8, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

7 of your points came on your last drive while we were in prevent. Take a look at your drives that 2nd half

2nd half drives Clemson vs Ugay 2013

Aug 8, 2014, 12:34 PM

Clemson: TD, FG, TD, Punt, end of game on drive
UGA: Punt, TD, Turnover on Downs, fumble, Punt,Punt, TD against prevent with 2 mins left down 10

I'm gonna call DSS on y'all for child abuse..........***

Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 AM

As do you.***

Aug 8, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your stupidity has you placed lower than most of the coot

Aug 8, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

trolls on here.....That's turrible.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Actually

Aug 8, 2014, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

Cole Stoudt lead one drive in the second half, an 8 play 63 yard touchdown drive. In the second quarter he lead two drives of 88 and 73 yards both resulting in touchdowns. The rest of the game was the third string and a walk-on playing qb who combined for 8 pass attempts. Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Botches be botches.... +1.***

Aug 8, 2014, 1:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

Nice try but not right. Stoudt played QB in a total of three possessions in that game and thru for a TD in each drive. I in 2nd qtr, 1 in 3rd qtr and 1 in 4th qtr.
Howard rushed for one TD.

LOL, because that's a good barometer.***

Aug 8, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

Re: LOL, because that's a good barometer.***

Aug 8, 2014, 12:10 PM

That had to be a troll.

Aug 8, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

Cole also averaged 95% of his passes completed so I guess the dawgs are really in trouble then.

Aug 8, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

if your guys weren't faking injuries, we could have squeezed in at least 20 more plays.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2014, 2:04 PM

faking? we too soft!

That OL last year certainly was, especially around the waist***

Aug 8, 2014, 2:07 PM

How many dog players would have been on the ground

Aug 8, 2014, 8:57 PM [ in reply to SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

after each play if the Tigers had run 90+ plays?

38-35***

Aug 8, 2014, 10:51 PM [ in reply to SCSt held basically the same projected offense to 14 ]

I have a hard time believing that will be the plan going in.

Aug 8, 2014, 12:06 PM

Hanging your hat on a QB making his first ever start in a hostile environment like that with a bunch of new WRs might be a little ambitious.

However, if we get a series or two under Cole's belt and him and the WRs are comfortable and performing well, and it's clear there's a weakness in UGAs secondary, i could definitely seeing us going to that more.

I don't know - I"m thinking that we better be able......

Aug 8, 2014, 12:14 PM

to run the ball and mix up our plays - am not confident of Stoudt's abilities yet until we see him in action - for this to be his first start it's going to be tough - we can't just rely on the pass IMO.

They said that last year and Hot Rod tore them up***

Aug 8, 2014, 12:55 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I called for 130. Hr sure fooled me.

Aug 8, 2014, 3:37 PM

He had 133.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The talk of UGA's secondary being weak .......

Aug 8, 2014, 1:01 PM

May just be a tad overblown. Did they lose three guys that played a role last year? Yes, they did, but focusing on who is gone is silly. The focus should be on the guys that will actually play in the game, and there's some real talent there. It's not like UGA is going to throw a bunch of scrubs out there.

A common mantra on T-Net is "We too deep!". And I agree. Clemson has been on a very good stretch of recruiting that has built a roster filled with talented players. That being said, UGA is in the same boat. UGA, along with Clemson, is one of the programs that year in and year out brings in a ton of talented prospects.

Now I will concede that some of the guys in the secondary that will see PT won't have much, if any, experience, but to think opposing offenses will be able to pass at will on them is a little naive especially considering the opposing offense in game one is coming up to bat with many new faces in the starting line up too.

The one thing I do know is that if either offense loses it's balanced play-calling (no matter the reason) it will not bode well for them.

Actually, i have to agree with this... Still, Clemson by 8+.***

Aug 8, 2014, 1:06 PM

Re: The talk of UGA's secondary being weak .......

Aug 8, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to The talk of UGA's secondary being weak ....... ]

I guess I should clarify that and say "relatively speaking, UGA's secondary is weak". Looking at their DLine - pretty darn awesome IMO. Their O is going to be impressive again with arguably the best RB in the nation. I don't know enough about their ST's so I discounted them. No - I pretty much stick with their secondary being their weak spot. And I still maintain that our passing game is going to be our strength (unless the D becomes what we all believe it will be). So anyway - I tend to want to attack an opponent's weakness rather than try to negate their strength. Kinda like the old saying 'take what they give you'. They may be reloading in the secondary, and have good talent, but it not experienced - and that will cost them.

Re: The talk of UGA's secondary being weak .......

Aug 8, 2014, 2:18 PM

> I guess I should clarify that and say "relatively
> speaking, UGA's secondary is weak".

Fair enough

> Looking at their
> DLine - pretty darn awesome IMO.

The DL should be pretty good, but the strength of UGA's defense is the LB corps. All four LB starters are NFL material, and it will be exciting to see what the new scheme does for them.

> Their O is going to
> be impressive again with arguably the best RB in the
> nation.

Agreed

> I don't know enough about their ST's so I
> discounted them.

Special teams were a real weakness last year. Zero return game to speak of, botched punts galore, and weak coverage at times. This year should be different with a new philosophy coming in with the new D staff. Mike Ekeler is taking over a lot of the ST duties, and he's got a wildman persona about him that fits right in with ST coaching. UGA hasn't had aggressive ST units for quite some time, so it should be a nice change.

> No - I pretty much stick with their
> secondary being their weak spot. And I still
> maintain that our passing game is going to be our
> strength (unless the D becomes what we all believe it
> will be). So anyway - I tend to want to attack an
> opponent's weakness rather than try to negate their
> strength. Kinda like the old saying 'take what they
> give you'. They may be reloading in the secondary,
> and have good talent, but it not experienced - and
> that will cost them.

I do agree that the projected weakest link to the UGA D will be the secondary. There are lots of questions still to be answered and truly they can only be answered with real games. I also think that anointing Clemson's passing game as a strength may be a touch too much too early. New starters at QB and the two WR spots may seem to be good replacements, but they have yet to prove that on the field. Clemson's strength is their attacking defense IMO.

Yep,

Aug 8, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to The talk of UGA's secondary being weak ....... ]

for Clemson to 'pass at will,' we'd have to have a QB that could properly read a defense and check down to somebody that can catch a football. We'd also need a speedy receiver.

How could anyone believe Clemson has the right combination of those?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep,

Aug 8, 2014, 4:22 PM

Here's the converse to that argument:

To put up a competent defensive effort in the secondary uga would have to have athletes capable of making plays on the ball, that are fast enough to cover WRs, and a defensive scheme that puts them in the right position to make this plays.

No way UGA could have that right?

Can't discount game experience

Aug 8, 2014, 4:10 PM [ in reply to The talk of UGA's secondary being weak ....... ]

And that secondary is not where you want to be breaking in a lot of new starters. Sort of like the OL.

Very true

Aug 8, 2014, 4:27 PM

Three starters return in UGA's secondary, so that will certainly help the experience level some.

Isn't Clemson starting two inexperienced corners too?

Re: Very true

Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 PM

crickets..........

Re: Very true

Aug 9, 2014, 3:07 PM

Says the dude who runs and hide every time someone calls him out for his stupid reasoning tactics.

No idea yet, there's a number of possibilities

Aug 9, 2014, 2:24 AM [ in reply to Very true ]

Some with experience, some with only a redshirt year.

The safeties will be fine, and I like our DL and LBs a whole lot more than yours, so hopefully they'll be protected.

Re: No idea yet, there's a number of possibilities

Aug 9, 2014, 2:40 PM

> and I like our DL and LBs
> a whole lot more than yours,

Both front sevens will be strong. Because the teams run different defensive systems, a straight up DL to DL or LB to LB comparison isn't truly an apples to apples type deal. I believe that both teams have VERY talented players across the front that really fit what they are trying to accomplish.

So true....

Aug 9, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to The talk of UGA's secondary being weak ....... ]

UGA has a weak secondary due to inexperience but our best CB has yet to play a snap....double standard anyone?

They will be the 2nd most talented team we play (FSU) and the gap isn't that wide.

Still, I expect a W in Athens.

Bubble screens all nite baby! Signed, Rob Spence

Aug 8, 2014, 7:04 PM

HTH

Re: I don't see our RB's getting a lot of carries vs. UGA

Aug 8, 2014, 10:18 PM

Well i can see us trying to establish the run more. Reason being is that didn't Morris meet with Malzahn over the summer to get pointers on running the ball better in the Spread. I can see us leaning on the run early on to keep UGA honest. c

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we run 90 plays

Aug 9, 2014, 9:02 AM

they will be taking a lot of SEC time-outs LSU did

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ready for the Play Action***

Aug 9, 2014, 11:25 AM

God I hope you are wrong

Aug 9, 2014, 3:43 PM

If we can't run the ball, this will be an ugly game for us. We MUST lean on our OL and RB early and often....if for no other reason than to win the game with our defense. Putting our D in bad spots or on the field for 45 minutes will not equal a win. I hope the staff is able to make this adjustment. We will see.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic