Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week?

Nov 19, 2017, 1:40 PM

Alabama, if healthy, would probably win the Iron Bowl again.

The problem is, the Tide aren't healthy right now. They aren't close to healthy. They're down 5 starting LB's from the beginning of the season, and if you watched them against Miss State, it was pretty obvious there were some odd-looking dudes out there on the field pretending to be Alabama LB's. I haven't seen anybody run on them like that, like, ever, since Nick Saban became their coach. And they lose any more LB's Nick Saban is going to have to go out there and tackle people himself.

So I think Auburn - who can both throw and run effectively, and who can get you on roller skates if they start pushing you off the ball with that warp-speed HUNH Malzahn runs, and who also has the defense to severely corral Bama's running game - is probably going to win this game. And then they're likely going to stroll into the SEC Championship Game and gobsmack Georgia again.

The Barn is healthier than Alabama. They're just plain better than Georgia.

So what does that in turn do to the playoff picture?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week?

Nov 19, 2017, 1:47 PM

Assuming Auburn, Clemson, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma win-out:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. Wisconsin

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 19, 2017, 1:51 PM

> Assuming Auburn, Clemson, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma
> win-out:
>
> 1. Clemson
> 2. Oklahoma
> 3. Auburn
> 4. Wisconsin

Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps even likely.

Would a 2-loss Auburn team truly be ranked over an unbeaten Wisconsin team, though? I don't think there's any real question that Auburn is better than Wisconsin, mind, I just don't know if the Committee will see it that way.

Nov 19, 2017, 1:54 PM

Even with a loss to Auburn, the committee isn't leaving Bama out.

I don't see that happening. (Although i agree that Auburn beats Bama)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 2:44 PM

I think if Wisconsin wins out Bama would bebout. They have a bad schedule and would have lost against their only big game competition. They won’t leave an undefeated Big champion out.

Nov 19, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

Pretty sure Bama is out simply because they won't be going to the SECCG if they lose to Auburn.
I know that tOSU was a fluke getting in without going to the B1G CG, I just don't see Bama doing it.
Recall the 1st CFP Rankings had Bama #2 because of their easy schedule? Without a trip to the SECCG they would be out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

They would have top 10 wins against UGA (2x - assuming UGA doesn't lose to GT) and Bama. They would also have another top 25 win against Miss St. Their two losses would come at the hands of #1 and a top 20 LSU team in road night games. It would also send a message to all of college football that you better at least try to schedule tough OOC games, or you will pay dearly for it. The committee had no problem dropping the undefeated defending national champion in FSU to #3 for the 2014 playoffs, so I don't think it's a stretch at all for Wisconsin to be at 4.

Nov 19, 2017, 3:00 PM

GT is OOC, GA is going to the SECCG.

Nov 19, 2017, 3:02 PM

I know that, but if UGA ##### the bed against GT they won't be in the final top 10.

Nov 19, 2017, 3:10 PM

I see what you mean. Figured you meant they (GA) wouldn't be going to the SECCG if they lost to GT. They are already in. But you are correct, a 2nd loss for GA and they would have to buy tickets to get to the CFP Semi-Finals.

My wife and I have been telling everybody we know for

Nov 19, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

more than 5 weeks that Auburn was going to be beat Georgia and Alabama. We both believed that Auburn was going to beat UGa by two TD's or more. You see, my wife is a former All-SEC Volleyball player at Auburn and she used to work for Clemson University. So, she loves her some college football, but Auburn first, of course.

That said, I told her that MSU needed to beat Alabama, otherwise Alabama was going to be this years Ohio State. Not playing in the conference title game, but still making the CFP.

I'm convinced barring an injury to Stidham or K. Johnson, Auburn wins by 10 points. This is not the Alabama team from last year, even before the injuries. Add those in, and this is an Auburn win, and likely trip to the CFP, along with Alabama. It would be the first time we have two teams from one conference and the first time there is a two loss team.

Clemson will beat SCAR and Miami. The Canes need 4 turnovers a game to win against a good team. They only had around 100 yards more total offense against ND in a 41-8 win, they were outgained by around 100 yards in the 44-28 win over UVa at home last night. The UVA turnovers last night were just plain gifts, nothing heroic by a Miami player. Without the turnovers, UVa wins that ballgame. It also would not shock me if Pitt beat ND, the game is at Pitt.

That leaves Oklahoma or Ohio State out, as Ohio State will definitely beat Wisconsin. My hope is that Oklahoma makes it in. I would love to see the Tigers pound Mayfield again.

Nov 19, 2017, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

Which will be interesting, because at the beginning of the year, while the pundits were calling the FSU-Bama game the pre-quel of the NC, the real pre-quel was played a week later in Death Valley.

In that scenario, which I agree is very likely, because I don't see Wisc-y or Lil' Sweet Mayfield beating either CU/AUB, you'll get Clemson-Auburn in Atlanta. Won't that be something?

But first, beat USuC.

Nov 19, 2017, 2:06 PM

> Which will be interesting, because at the beginning
> of the year, while the pundits were calling the
> FSU-Bama game the pre-quel of the NC, the real
> pre-quel was played a week later in Death Valley.
>
> In that scenario, which I agree is very likely,
> because I don't see Wisc-y or Lil' Sweet Mayfield
> beating either CU/AUB, you'll get Clemson-Auburn in
> Atlanta. Won't that be something?
>
> But first, beat USuC.

LOL. Agree. And hilarious. Hadn't made the connection before.

Separated at birth?

Nov 19, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

TU for the "Little Sweet" reference for Bakelite!

Nov 19, 2017, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

This is the big question right now for the CFP. There is ZERO chance a banged up Bama gets left out if they lose to AUB and have 1-loss (see CLEM, Kelly Bryant). That means UGA/AUB goes to playoff as well as Bama, imo. This leaves 2 spots for CLEM, OKLA, WISC.

Nov 19, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: What happens when Auburn beats Alabama this week? ]

I’ll take Wisconsin every day and trice in Sunday.

I don’t see Bama losing to Auburn***

Nov 19, 2017, 1:55 PM

I know.

Nov 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

You'll have to wait until Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing that bothers me about this is...

Nov 19, 2017, 2:04 PM

I can't figure out if the POC will schedule our rematch with AU in the first or last round.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem is there are 50 different inputs, you have defined one input and want an end result without knowing the other 49 inputs. Sorry but not possible with and degree of accuracy. Any comments are little more than wild #### speculation

Problem is there are 50 different inputs, you have defined one input and want an end result without knowing the other 49 inputs. Sorry but not possible with and degree of accuracy. Any comments are little more than wild #### speculation

Nov 19, 2017, 2:13 PM

Probably what others have already said. Auburn would be in the play-off. By the way, I'm looking forward to Auburn running through the Bama defense like chit through a tin horn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEa5MI3WwQ

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 19, 2017, 2:19 PM

If the cfp makes an exception it would be for bamer. However, I'm really hard pressed to think they would leave two power five conferences out. Last year they put a non-conference winner in and we showed them the error of their ways.

I think they do. And if Clemson, Wisc, and OK

Nov 19, 2017, 2:32 PM

win out, all are in. Which SEC team gets in will be interesting, but I think the SEC champ gets in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Auburn #1 bama#2 ..........espn spin***

Nov 19, 2017, 3:13 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic