Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Jimbo Fisher responds to Swinney's comments about splitting series
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Football Update: Jimbo Fisher responds to Swinney's comments about splitting series

Oct 24, 2013, 11:09 AM

Jimbo Fisher responds to Swinney's comments about splitting series

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Jimbo Fisher responds to Swinney's comments about splitting series

Oct 24, 2013, 11:12 AM

Classy response Jimbo. I laugh to think of what OBC would have said. lol

dont say***

Oct 31, 2013, 5:06 PM

A very classy response on Mr. Fisher's part

Oct 24, 2013, 11:12 AM

Gives me respect for him. He could have gone Spurrier on us with this and stirred the pot up, but remained level-headed.

Re: A very classy response on Mr. Fisher's part

Oct 24, 2013, 11:28 AM

Jimbo shows class... Spurrier has no class to show!

Jimbo always shows class, he's a good guy

Oct 24, 2013, 11:29 AM

He lets his team's play do the real talking.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A very classy response on Mr. Fisher's part

Oct 26, 2013, 8:20 AM [ in reply to A very classy response on Mr. Fisher's part ]

Coach Fisher showed a lot of Class with his response. Fla. St. has a hell of a team & deserved the win. Go Tigers

Good response***

Oct 24, 2013, 11:14 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Good--can we finally bury this non-story now?***

Oct 24, 2013, 11:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Jimbo Fisher responds to Swinney's comments about splitting series

Oct 24, 2013, 11:17 AM

Classy response to Dabo's unnecessary comment earlier this week. I imagine Jimbo is like Saban and that comment will be BB material next year for the NOLES.

Oct 24, 2013, 11:21 AM

Classy response.

Thanks for responding classy to the 5-5 statement.

Jimbo could had embarrassed us even more with a different response but glad he stayed professional and classy. You guys whipped us good.

I don't really think that the Noles will be as obessessed

Oct 24, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Jimbo Fisher responds to Swinney's comments about splitting series ]

with Dabo's statement, warranted or unwarranted, as some Clemson fans are. As hard as it may be, move on. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?????

What a doofus. Try making sense one time. Embarassment.***

Oct 24, 2013, 11:18 AM

Certainly makes sense when you look at last year ...

Oct 24, 2013, 11:20 AM

FSU pretty much ran us out of the stadium in the second half and won convincingly.

But, that same FSU team lost to a vastly inferior NC State squad that gave up 68 points to Clemson.

FSU has played very well against Clemson the last 5-6 quarters, but that doesn't mean that there is a terribly wide gap between the two programs.

While it may sound like rationalization for Dabo to focus on this, it needs to be hammered home to recruits, because way too much can be made of one bad game if the other side of the coin is not presented.

Dabo's response to Jimbo's response:

Oct 24, 2013, 11:23 AM

"I told y'all he was scared."

null

... or... "We had them right where we wanted them."***

Oct 24, 2013, 1:40 PM

"They were who we thought they were"***

Oct 24, 2013, 6:09 PM

'Playoffs? Next year we're talking abou Playoffs?Playoffs?!'***

Oct 24, 2013, 10:14 PM

Oct 24, 2013, 11:23 AM

I'm not a Jimbo fan, but my level of respect for him went up a notch in taking the high road in reply to a comment that was basically teed up for him to crush.

Oct 24, 2013, 11:38 AM

He gave a reply that backed up what Dabo said...... he admitted that he team played exceptionally well..... that doesn't always happen on the road.

Everything went right for them and everything that could go wrong went wrong for us.

Had the game gone the other way, that is probably the same way Dabo would have responded. And Jimbo would have probably said the same thing Dabo said.

The only people having a problem with what Dabo said are the people who didn't want him hired in the first place so this is their moment to say.... "I told you so...."

Dabo needs to get rid of those Tommy Bowden tendencies******

Oct 24, 2013, 11:47 AM

Please make a note to yourself to............

Oct 24, 2013, 12:20 PM

never compare Dabo to TB. The 2 are like apples and oranges. That is all I have to say about that.
Go Tigers !!!

Apples and Oranges?

Oct 24, 2013, 10:19 PM

More like a brand new Cadillac Escalade and a 1987 beat-up El Camino missing a wheel.....

Oct 24, 2013, 11:52 AM

Well more than anything its the exact truth what Jimbo said. Its hard to play the exact same way and to perfection every single week. They just happened to have everything go they're way and we couldn't do one thing right from the first snap. That leads to what happens. They are obviously not a 51-14 score team better than us....once every 10 years they might be.

Classy reply to Dabo's ridiculous Bowenesque rationalization

Oct 24, 2013, 12:22 PM

They might not beat us THAT badly if we played the next nine weeks, but with that personnel, they'd likely beat us at least 9-out-of-10.

They beat us by 44 freaking points before they called off the dogs and let us score a TD in garbage time. They could have beaten us by even more if they had tried. You can take 14 points off the board from turnovers and they still would have creamed us. It wasn't even close. They whupped us all over the field on both sides of the ball. I don't know what game Dabo was watching.

Re: Classy reply to Dabo's ridiculous Bowenesque rationalization

Oct 24, 2013, 1:26 PM

Excellent post. What game was he watching? His capacity for denial is amazing.

so does that mean the Cardinals beat the Sox tonight?

Oct 24, 2013, 12:46 PM

that's what I think he is saying.....

You can't say anything these days without it getting blown up***

Oct 24, 2013, 1:49 PM

I like Jimbo now.

Oct 24, 2013, 1:49 PM

Dabo and Jimbo are great for both of us. They seem to be both classy men.

Re: I like Jimbo now.

Oct 24, 2013, 1:51 PM

It also shows that he respects Dabo. If he did not like Dabo... He would of not of made the comment.

I've always liked him- class act. FSU folks cannot say

Oct 24, 2013, 1:56 PM [ in reply to I like Jimbo now. ]

the same though. Many of those Fla teams I used to despise are starting to be likeable, especially Miami's statement of showing some class and integrity. Don't know bout UF yet. Seems TAMU and SCAR are taking up the slack on lack of class

Classy response. I wonder how Slurrier would respond?***

Oct 24, 2013, 2:43 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't yet***

Oct 24, 2013, 2:58 PM

Dabo needs to read this 100 times.

Oct 24, 2013, 3:17 PM

THAT is how you handle another coaches comments. Jimbo looks SO much more mature for doing so.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo needs to read this 100 times.

Oct 24, 2013, 3:54 PM

Dabo didn't slam FSU he stated how he felt, we all know including FSU and their fans that Clemson is way better than they played. Not saying we good have beat them but we are ### sure better than a 39 point beat down. NO one and I mean NO one saw Clemson's starters only scoring 1 TD, I don't care how good a defense is you aren't holding Clemson to 1 TD unless Clemson helps you by turning the ball over and the QB playing the worst game of his career. So for you to try and throw Dabo under the bus is asinine, there is no reason for that Dabo said if they played 10 he felt Clemson is good enough to split with them rather its true or not you're not going to say they would beat the heck out of us all 10 or that Clemson would beat them 9 out of the 10, He believes in his team and knows the Clemson team that played Saturday night isn't the same team that we have come to know the past 2 seasons. Maybe you need to message me so I can give you 100 lessons in how to take what people say for what it is and not go to the extreme with it. Dabo spends more time with this team than anyone so I am going to defer to what he has to say over anyone else. Dabo has never taking the low road about anyone or anything so why in the ##### would he start know he is just showing his players that he believes in them and that he knows they are better than they showed this past Saturday. I don't like to argue about crap but dam-it this type of stuff is moronic and the way I feel is that if you don't have a better outlook on our coach than that you are more than welcome to turn you Tiger card in and pick a Gamechicken card up so when you write stuff like that about a head coach it will actually be true.......

Re: Dabo has done a fantastic job!

Oct 24, 2013, 4:18 PM

Who among us thought we would be the talk of the nation on every sports show and be ranked # 3? I woudld like those who say they are Tiger fans to appreciate our success and not be so critical.

Calm down, you emotional thing, you.

Oct 24, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo needs to read this 100 times. ]

Don't be another one of those idiots who starts questioning someone status as a fan over a mildly critical comment of the coach.

If you think everything Dabo says is perfect, then have fun. I won't freak out over it. But you're a fool if you think any minor criticism calls someone's fanhood into question. Learn a new way to deal with other opinions.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calm down, you emotional thing, you.

Oct 26, 2013, 8:26 AM

Like others have said if Dabo has put the game behind him then why say the 50-50 comment at all???
I guess he is still thinking about it.

This is the difference between ACC coaches and SEC coaches

Oct 24, 2013, 3:25 PM

not singling anybody out in particular.......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I just don't understand

Oct 24, 2013, 4:34 PM

How you guys can keep slamming Dabo and comparing him to Tommy Bowden. He has this program trending upward and also on the cusp of greatness. How can you down talk the fact that he thinks his team would beat fsu 5 times if they played 10? What if your coach got on a podium and said "yeah they whooped us and they're a lot better across the board so I expected this to happen and if we played 10 times we'd lose 10 times"? He has confidence in his squad and that translates into them having confidence in him which is essential to an athletes performance. A lot of you sound like you never played any sports at any level of competition sheesh

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a classy response. He knows where Dabo is

Oct 24, 2013, 5:20 PM

coming from and that the game has already been played. No use in fueling the fire for next year.

2 Cents

Oct 24, 2013, 5:47 PM

when ever the kid at school goes outside at recess and gets his butt beat by some other kid. You don't go
looking for him the next day. You leave him be, at least
for alil' while.

:)

Definitely won't get Jimbo mixed up with Slurrier.***

Oct 24, 2013, 6:52 PM

A fair comment ,and a true , one , too ....

Oct 24, 2013, 6:54 PM

he aint no slurrier, for sure

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kudos to Jimbo. More class than some of our own fans.***

Oct 24, 2013, 10:07 PM

Oct 24, 2013, 10:09 PM

I think they win 6 out of 10.

Re: Calm down,you emotional thing,you

Oct 24, 2013, 11:29 PM

I'm not questioning anyone's fan hood. I'm just saying that Dabo is saying what he has to as a coach to keep his team confident. He doesn't want to lose this team,especially after the whooping they received and the recent struggles. He's their leader and with them looking up to him he HAS to show that he still believes in them so that this loss doesn't have the trickle down effect

Oct 24, 2013, 11:31 PM

schedule after the bye week next season.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Oct 25, 2013, 11:01 AM

Jimbo is absolutely right, and so was Dabo. Nothing went our way Sat., and they did catch a lot of breaks. That may or may not happen again. I doubt we look that bad again anytime soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always thought Jimbo was the reason FSU fell on it's face.

Oct 25, 2013, 11:05 AM

Clearly he's done a good job and the problem was ole Bobby. Jimbo has recruited well, made good coaching changes and shown plenty of class since he's taken this team. Seems they are doing it the right way at FSU now-a-days too without having the NCAA up their rumps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect answer to Dabo

Oct 25, 2013, 7:18 PM

I really think other teams, FSU especially, give us their best shot and play their best game of the year against us. Most of the time it's because we have become a pretty good program again, and we build up all the hype - so the other teams loves nothing more than to tear it all down. FSU doesn't see NCState as a bigtime program, so the letdown potential is always there - plus they played that game last year on the road. NCState played FSU like they did our Thursday game earlier in the year, and it was the best game they will probably have all season (but still lost). If you don't catch a few breaks or do something to stop the attack, it can go down hill quickly. We need to figure out a way to be the same team week after week, just like how Alabama is always good no matter whether they are at home or on the road - never a let down.

Re: Perfect answer to Dabo

Oct 26, 2013, 10:37 AM

not commenting on Dabo's comment more or less unnecessary comment. just posting first time after the loss. the Seminoles looked good and we made them look even better. If they keep improving they are a solid #3 that will be a very good team that can knock off bama or oregon on a good day.
Our poor performance is still a little mind boggling but we looked like the team that struggled at times over the last 3 games-2nd half at SU included. I was very apprehensive about this game and was hoping the players and coaches had somehow actually been holding back for a monumental effort in the game. So much for that! It's not an excuse but the bye week looked huge for the seminoles too. Very disappointing loss but I'll take 1 or 2 losses every year. It takes me weeks to get over bad games though. ;/

Total class by Jimbo - Dabo's comments will be on FSU Board

Oct 26, 2013, 10:51 AM

Next Year in Tallahassee.

Dabo's "5 of 10: comments will be all over ESPN, print media and FSU Bulletin Boards.

Clemson team will be asked to put their money where their coach's mouth is ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Total class by Jimbo - Dabo's comments will be on FSU Board

Oct 26, 2013, 11:13 AM

that is one statement that should have NEVER BEEN MADE!!Dabo must not have even looked @ the game!!

Oct 26, 2013, 10:34 PM

The deck was stacked against Clemson in numerous ways in this one, predominantly the fact that FSU is pretty dang good...You cant let this type of loss define you, U just have to move on and forget about it, and hopefully gettem next time:P

FSU had a bi-week to prepare for a banged up Clemson this year, im calling for the Tigers to get a bi week before FSU next year^^

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic