Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crazy idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,076

Crazy idea

Feb 9, 2016, 4:37 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000635076/article/sec-moves-to-block-jim-harbaughs-spring-practice-plans

So if Harbaugh pulls thus off, what are the rules of scrimmages between 2 different schools?

If Clemson and Dabo could get Michigan to include them in this it would be a huge benefit for both schools.

It wouldn't really hurt either team (minus losing a few recruits to each other)

Clemson and Michigan play in different conferences so it wouldn't hurt either teams chances to get to the CFP.

It would allow both teams to pitch a spring break trip to fl(not like they wouldn't have free time after practices)

It would hurt the SEC and FSU if two big time players cemented their feet and time in the state of FL.(the SEC is clearly worried about this)

I'm sure this isn't allowed and many of you will say you'd rather Clemson not be tied to Michigan, but its fun to think about in theory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I don't want Clemson associated with that nut job by any

Feb 9, 2016, 4:46 PM

means no matter how slight. He is going about running the Michigan program in ways that make me feel slimy inside. His satellite camps and now this spring break trip all are for the purpose of trying to implant Michigan in the south which is geographic misrepresentation. Southern boys should not go up to Ann Arbor to play football plain and simple.

This tactic by Harbaugh is a blatant admission that Michigan and the northeast/midwest are much more disadvantaged in terms of talent. And he is trying to gain in improper foothold in my opinion. If you want to recruit FL players, then simply recruit them like everybody else. Don't do all this shady nonsense to increase the visibility of your program. Win at the national level and people will see.

I hope Clemson never pulls any of this crap because its disingenuous and reeks of self-dealing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't want Clemson associated with that nut job by any

Feb 9, 2016, 5:03 PM

I expect many agree with you. I just want to see Clemson find something outside of the Clemson campus that's a unique recruiting weapon to add to coach Swinney and co. Arsenal.

Alot of other schools have these types of advantages (mainly coming from boosters) oregon and alabama come to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I don't really see why we have to pull out any unique stops

Feb 9, 2016, 5:12 PM

given how incredible our campus and facilities are and what they will become. The new football operations complex will the one of the first of its kind. I can't imagine you can have a better recruiting tool than that and everything else Clemson has to offer.

It just seems a little hokey and desperate to reach outside the traditional geographic footprint by holding camps and the like. I like the use of Clemson's billboard strategy and national advertising. I just think at the end of the day, our recruiting becomes more national when success becomes more nationally known. We are trending that way now.

Re: I don't really see why we have to pull out any unique stops

Feb 9, 2016, 5:23 PM

Fair enough. I'm just bored and in "what if" mode.

null

aren't we all... haha this is the most painful part of being

Feb 9, 2016, 5:24 PM

a clemson football fan... the dreaded "offseason"

Feb 9, 2016, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't want Clemson associated with that nut job by any ]

If this is allowed I would one up them as a Southern school.

"Hey recruit, if you come to South Carolina we will take you on an all expenses paid spring break trip every year. One year you'll go to Australia, another year Brazil, Spain the next and you'll top it off in Abu Dhabi!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Feb 9, 2016, 5:29 PM

Sure I'm sure going out of country for a football camp would be the logical way to "one up" this.

You're worried this will happen (for Michigan, not the scrimmage idea).

Idk why a gamecock fan is worried about anything. Bama,LSU, and UF will continue to win games for your beloved chickens. Y'all are the co national champions right? You wear your roll Tide Gamecocks hat daily I bet.

null

or....

Feb 9, 2016, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't want Clemson associated with that nut job by any ]

you could continue to do exactly what you've been doing and try to impress them with all-expense paid trips to Gadsden, Elloree, Wagener, Salley, Swansea, Belmont, Fairwold, Balentine, and Gaston

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: When the SEC start abiding by the rules, they might

Feb 9, 2016, 7:25 PM

have a leg to stand on.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,076
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic