Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uh,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Uh,

Apr 11, 2019, 7:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh,

Apr 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

I know falling for memes is easy, but here's the full quote taken in context when she gave the speech to CAIR:

"CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties."

I mean, I think she sucks out loud, but c'mon. This is silly. And her point is valid. Condemning all Muslims for the actions of 19 ######## would be like, well, you know, condemning any group of millions for the actions of a tiny few.

Google things, yo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Apr 11, 2019, 9:16 PM

Yeah...but marginalizing 9/11 is unforgivable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our government helps Al Qaeda in Syria and Yemen.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:51 PM

The fact THAT is not causing an outrage, but this stupid **** is, shows how badly broken our society is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it's the same government that granted

Apr 12, 2019, 1:03 AM

Immunity to Shiro Ishii, who was every bit the diabolical equal to Josef Mengele because they thought maybe his research could help vs the Soviets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you know:

Apr 12, 2019, 1:50 PM

This thread is about Ilhan Omar, and not about whatever other hobby horse you want to talk about? This is like the people who respond to "black lives matter" with "all lives matter."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is fundamentally flawed to artificially isolate one

Apr 12, 2019, 2:31 PM

thing from all the other, simply to make that one thing seem less ridiculous.

If the topic here is being upset about attitude towards terrorists responsible for 9/11, then this thread is not only relevant, it makes the OP less relevant than this particular thread.

It's like a police officer arresting a shoplifter and intentionally ignoring a rapist.

Or our cozy relationship with Saudi Arabia...***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Our government helps Al Qaeda in Syria and Yemen. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Apr 12, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Uh, ]

Well, yeah, you certainly can't marginalize that. I'm not sure we can argue she was doing that with that quote. She might just be a ###### public speaker.

Thinking that’s not what she did.***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Uh, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is, though

Apr 12, 2019, 1:57 PM

Omar is not somebody you need to carry water for in order to be moderate. She's very left-wing, to begin with, and she's got the problem of saying things that frequently sound anti-Semitic or anti-American. Democrats should be trying to distance themselves from her, not defend her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard the speech.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh, ]

I dont' fall for chit. She was pandering to a group of Islamic followers and didn't want to offend them. I reckon the truth about the Towers triggers them as much as the rest of us, probably for a different reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It certainly does trigger them as much

Apr 12, 2019, 1:25 AM

They have as much reason to hate the extremists who bastardized and mutilated the image of Islam around the globe as anyone. 9/11 changed everything for the Muslim world, the reverberations are still impacting hundreds of millions of people almost 2 decades later. True followers of Islam rightly curse the extremists who carried out 9/11 and the ones who continue to support the ideology with ongoing attacks.

As a Muslim journalist who I read sometimes, puts it, "9/11 was hell. It came from the depths of hell. And it opened the gates of hell"

Yes, many Muslims do believe that

Apr 12, 2019, 1:46 PM

Many Muslims do not, however. And trying to portray Muslims as the main victims of 9/11 is wrong.

Dislike Ben Shapiro all you want, but he's referring directly to survey data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

Good lord please don't let Ben Shapiro carry your banner.

Apr 12, 2019, 2:39 PM

That guy's whole intellectual edifice is built on circular reasoning, false assumptions and an inflated sense of content mastery. He's too eager to argue to actually piece together enough knowledge/experience to justify much of what he says.

We are talking about polls being the underpinning of the argument that Muslims largely support terrorism. Polls.

Omar doesn't seem to be oppressed.***

Apr 12, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to It certainly does trigger them as much ]

cair was aolso founded in 1994***

Apr 11, 2019, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh, ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bahahahaha

Apr 12, 2019, 6:37 AM

you shouldve ended that with
Google something yo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm certainly not defending her intelligence.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to cair was aolso founded in 1994*** ]

As I said, she sucks out loud. Just think the quote is being overblown. Also, dashibbit can't read.

This particular quote is mostly just stupid, I agree

Apr 12, 2019, 1:48 PM

I think she was pandering to a Muslim audience by trying to emphasize their problems while minimizing Islamic faults. However, you have to put this quote in the context of all the other things she's done and said. She has a certain mindset that I think is unfortunately more prevalent among some Muslims than Democrats would like to admit.

I think I understand what she was trying to say...

Apr 12, 2019, 11:05 AM

But she shouldn't have said it. If the point is that civil liberties are worth fighting for, no matter what event might cause them to be taken from us (someone did something), then that's a good point. But a politician has to know that saying that about the events of 9/11 will upset people.

Re: I think I understand what she was trying to say...

Apr 12, 2019, 11:08 AM

Image result for family guy lois 9/11 gif

I like your funny words magic man

The movie I watched last night dealt with this subject...

Apr 12, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I think I understand what she was trying to say... ]

One of the great works of film in American history, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

What she was doing was...

Apr 12, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to I think I understand what she was trying to say... ]

trying to elevate the concerns of her group of people over the concerns of other people she disagreed with. For her, the problems Muslims were having needed to be elevated, so she minimized the terror attacks committed by Muslims.

So, is this worse than actually giving AQ weapons?

Apr 12, 2019, 1:36 PM

Seems like misplaced priorities.... a bit.

Omar is seriously the worst

Apr 12, 2019, 1:40 PM

Much worse than AOC, who's just annoying and childish. I wonder how big of a problem Omar will end up being for the Democrats. If they treat her too harshly, maybe they'll have a problem with Muslims who identify with her (which can't be a large number of people). If they continue letting her say ridiculous things without much of a response, they're going to alienate a lot more people.

I don't personally need for politicians to

Apr 12, 2019, 2:29 PM

be responsible for what other people say. I don't hold Vice President Pence or other Republicans responsible for what the President says. I don't hold Speaker Pelosi or other Democrats responsible for what Rep. Omar says. Now, if someone were to ask Speaker Pelosi about it, then she should say how she feels about 9/11 and its importance. But I don't think she should answer for someone else's statements. Ask the one who said it.

I judge Rep. Omar only on HER words and actions, and I only judge HER for her words and actions.

I also don't see the need for a party, or other politicians to do something to "punish" Rep. Omar. Let her constituents do that in the voting booth. These censures and reprimands Congress is always talking about are a waste of time. Make some laws.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic