Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS ....

Jun 22, 2013, 7:32 AM

....I look at it as the Tar Heels losing. Makes me feel much better. Try it and see!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Zachary...and ask yourself, me and others IF WE REALLY

Jun 22, 2013, 8:40 AM

GIVE A FLYING D@MN!!!! On to football....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks might also want to ask themselves...

Jun 22, 2013, 9:26 AM

...if the roles were reversed, if Clemson were poised to reach the CWS finals, would UNC fans be rooting for us?

Really?

In your heart, you know the answer. They see us as their occasionally amusing bumpkin cousins. They do not want us to win any more than Mrs. Drysdale wanted Jethro to be a brain surgeon.

Remember always: Clemson's successes in life have come in spite of, not with the assistance of, UNC. Spit on their baseball grave and prepare to do the same in football.

We blaze our own path, live our own life. We are Clemson, not the ACC. That doesn't preclude some, as their hearts allow, from cheering for other teams who happen to be conference members...but not BECAUSE they are conference members.

There's a difference. And its one of the differences between being a Tiger or a Capon.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But don't forget to pull for them in at least one

Jun 22, 2013, 9:33 AM

football game this coming season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already have my signs painted for that one!

Jun 22, 2013, 9:40 AM

You are absolutely right, Rev.

Jun 22, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Folks might also want to ask themselves... ]

UNC will always be my least favorite ACC team. Dean Smith and his ilk ensured that. I don't pull for them, ever. Well, maybe I wanted them to win ONE time recently.

Years ago, I was with a group of Clemson fans in Chapel Hill for our game against UNC. We were dressed in our orange, but dressed nicely. Clemson won the game; and, as we were leaving a man dressed in tacky clothes, dirty hair, etc., walked up to us and said, "Yaaaawl er a bunch o' rednecks." We kept walking, but I couldn't help saying, "What are you?"

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I look at it as the ACC losing, and I feel great about that!

Jun 22, 2013, 9:30 AM

If you're in the ACC and you're not named Clemson University, I hope you lose at everything*

*unless you're playing the coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS ....

Jun 22, 2013, 9:43 AM

How you going to feel however if another SEC team wins the title?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one likes the SEC, but the SEC...

Jun 22, 2013, 9:49 AM

and those who seek to benefit from it.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Honestly? I generally like Miss State

Jun 22, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS .... ]

Aside from the clanking cowbells in the 99 Peach Bowl, I generally enjoy talking with their fans. The Dawgs don't seem as tied up in the SEC idol worship as some local idol-worshiping syncophants.

Re: Honestly? I generally like Miss State

Jun 22, 2013, 10:02 AM

Well, there is always that team or two that you might pull for in games. For me, that ACC team is Wake Forest. I believe they, and Maryland, were the only two who did not vote to add that extra year of probation onto the two given to Clemson by the NCAA. However, due to the behavior of MD fans, I was never able to do the same for them.

--Henry David Thoreau

ACC teams I don't despise for general purposes....

Jun 22, 2013, 11:12 AM

1. Wake. A lot of folks from my church, the county attorney and a few other folks in the community here went to Wake, and I have no bad experiences with their fans...even in 2003, when they were genuinely more shocked than we were at the game outcome.

2. Boston College: They've been around long enough to include now, and as of yet hadn't had a reason to dislike them. Give it time, perhaps, but not yet.

3. VTech: I know some folks have found them annyoing, but heck so are we at times. They know how to party, and they have the only fans who do something I strive to do: they looked for Clemson fans to shake hands after a loss to us. By the thrid straight time it might have been getting old for them, though.

4. Florida State: Yes the chop is annoying. Yes,the Free Shoes tradition is galling. Yes, I really don't care for Mike Martin. But I have never had a bad experience in Tally or with their fans. I don't actively pull for them to succeed, but I don't revel in failure.

5-18 (or how many ACC teams there are now) ... they range from indifference to outright hostility. But I don't cheer for them and they sure don't cheer for us.

Re: ACC teams I don't despise for general purposes....

Jun 22, 2013, 12:39 PM

I agree with you regarding FSU and VT--have been to both for games and never had a problem. In fact, some of the nicest fans I met were at FSU. It really depends on how it affects the Tigers when it comes to wanting them to win...or not.

--Henry David Thoreau

Starkville, Mississippi----well, there had to be SOME place

Jun 22, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Honestly? I generally like Miss State ]

that made Columbia look less pathetic than it truly appears. The interstate is greased and victims slide into a giant black hole from which emanates but one sound---them dammed cowbells!!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will feel like we have no excuse.

Jun 22, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS .... ]

As our team gets worse and worse, the apologists blame it on the growing dominance of the ACC. I don't see it. At some point we need to start winning games and stop looking for excuses.

Are you referring to Clemson baseball

Jun 22, 2013, 9:56 AM

or our teams in general?

--Henry David Thoreau

Tnet added Ring of Honor badges. Nice, Rev.***

Jun 22, 2013, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Im pulling for UCLA anyway, the wife is a Bruin***

Jun 22, 2013, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2013, 10:58 AM

That's one of the reasons the ACC sucks. It's members have no pride in the conference or desire for it to excel the way all the other top conferences do. You can be a Clemson fan first and an ACC fan second. That's how I am with the Gamecocks and the SEC. I'm pulling for Miss St. all the way because I have pride in the SEC.

You may do so if you wish...

Jun 22, 2013, 11:26 AM

But the idea that we should cheer for a school that has spit on us for decades because we share a conference affiliation is stupid at best and synchopantic at worst. Sort of like y'all cheering for Georgia or Bama or Tennessee when you know they are laughing at you behind your back ... if not to your face.

Clemson folks are more like to nurture kindnesses and harbor hatreds. And UNC has earned every bit of hatred they receive.

Re: You may do so if you wish...

Jun 22, 2013, 11:40 AM

> But the idea that we should cheer for a school that
> has spit on us for decades because we share a
> conference affiliation is stupid at best and
> synchopantic at worst. Sort of like y'all cheering
> for Georgia or Bama or Tennessee when you know they
> are laughing at you behind your back ... if not to
> your face.
>
> Clemson folks are more like to nurture kindnesses and
> harbor hatreds. And UNC has earned every bit of
> hatred they receive.

We are getting laughed at by the three SEC schools listed in your post? Over the past 3 seasons, we are a combined 7 and ZERO against those hyenas. I say, let 'em laugh on. We'll just keep on whipping 'em on the field!

Now, excuse me. I promised to help my cousin, Little Bubba, wash his white pickup truck this afternoon. J/K.

And we're a combined 30-4 against NC schools

Jun 22, 2013, 11:52 AM

...stretching back into the last decade. But as I said, we tend to remember kindness and nurture hatred.

Y'all are also 4-0 against us, and it doesn't stop us from noting that everything about you ... from your rock-vandalizing thugs to your brief day of crowing atop the henhouse ... is about to come crashing down in a way all of us will find most satisfying.

Enjoy the few fleeting days your misplaced sense of superiority have left.

Re: You may do so if you wish...

Jun 22, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to You may do so if you wish... ]

well we 59 years of practicing not caring whether an acc team wins the nc in baseball.

how would Clemson fans pulling for UNC make them better? That's BS. You

Jun 22, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS .... ]

only cheer for the SEC because you want to claim their successes while you have an empty trophy case and 5th place rings. It's pathetic and disgusting.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: how would Clemson fans pulling for UNC make them better? That's BS. You

Jun 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
spikeusc.jpg(19.4 K)
lil'buddy.JPG(60.3 K)

Jun 22, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't look at it as the ACC losing in the CWS .... ]

lol that is one of the most pathetic things I have ever read.

Keep riding those coattails.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I have no interest in CWS after last night. When the

Jun 22, 2013, 12:20 PM

blue bellies got beat, I was completely satisfied.

yeah and they sent SCar and LSU packing...so they have some

Jun 22, 2013, 1:23 PM

redemption in my book

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic