Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one who thinks....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Am I the only one who thinks....

Aug 9, 2019, 11:27 AM

...that the idocy of the Paul Finebaum Show (and this includes his callers) is HIGHLY entertaining? Im serious...the more they tear down Dabo and our program, the more I shake my head and laugh. It's just really entertaining to watch these idiots justify each others' hot takes.

Finebaum says that Clemson doesn't know how to handle being #1. Even if he's right, we're gonna have a long, long time to practice being #1, so maybe we'll eventually get that right to Finebaum's satisfaction (heavy sarcasm intended).

Finebaum's show has become 25% SEC talk, 75% Clemson.

Rent free, boys. Rent free.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one who thinks....

Aug 9, 2019, 12:19 PM

He's been preaching for all time that Clemson is not even close to being as good as Alabama and Dabo shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Saban. Now all of his excuses no longer hold water and it's apparent to everyone that Clemson and Dabo are at the top of college football. So what does he have left? Now all he can say Clemson isn't good at being number 1. Paul, my man, nobody can say you ain't trying to hang on to what you had.

ESPN / SEC Network/ Paul Finebaum Show

Aug 9, 2019, 12:24 PM

And all they talk about is Clemson Tigers!!!

Glorious!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 12:28 PM

I honestly wouldn't know 95% of the stuff he says if it wasn't for this board. However, the guy is obviously a troll who doesn't believe half the stuff he says because he can't be as stupid as he comes across otherwise.

If you want to argue that we don't know how to handle being #1 then at least make some good points. However, an Alabama player saying that Georgia was their toughest game of the year even though they beat Georgia and lost by 28 to Clemson, and then having one of our players respond by saying that ND was the toughest game for us doesn't even begin to make sense as an example of us not knowing how to be #1. It's fine if you want to disagree and say that Alabama would've blown out ND or whatever, and people can either agree or disagree with that. But there's no way he honestly believes that the Alabama guy saying what he said was reasonable, and that the Clemson players' response was evidence of us not knowing how to handle success.

Then I heard that he responded to Dabo's statement about the SEC being 2-3 teams deep by saying that Dabo was still acting like a small dog, and acting as if Clemson was an underdog still, when Dabo needs to realize that he's one of the big dogs now. I'm not even sure what that has to do with Dabo saying that the SEC was 2-3 teams deep, and that Alabama shouldn't have been tired since they won by an average of over 30 per game last year.

It's not just that the things he says are wrong, or just an opinion that can be disagreed with. A lot of the statements he's made recently don't even make sense. He knows that the things he says sound good to his target audience, and he can say that Clemson doesn't know how to handle being #1 or that Dabo is still acting like a small dog, and that A) his Bama/SEC audience will eat it up and cheer what he's saying, and that B) Clemson fans will get all mad and bring more attention to him.

No. That’s exactly why he does it. For entertainment purposes.

Aug 9, 2019, 12:38 PM

People get all upset about it and it plays right into his hands. He is more popular than ever.

Finebaum wins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't listen to him

Aug 9, 2019, 12:42 PM

If other Tiger fans were like me he would be forced to change the subject.

Be like me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 1:41 PM

I get a kick out of his call-ins. That's pretty much why I watch, although I haven't watched in a while. I sometimes find it hard to believe, there are people that want to hear their voices on national tv, so badly, that they embarrass themselves the way they do. Some of his callers are pretty straight up, and contribute good stuff, and some are just plain boring.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic