Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson students, will you answer the challenge?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Clemson students, will you answer the challenge?

Oct 2, 2012, 2:20 PM

Dabo wants people in their seats early and fired up. The first few weeks I've noticed the vast majority of students come in the game very late.

Spread the word. Arrive early. Let GaT know what they're in for while they are warming up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson students, I'll issue another challenge. Knock

Oct 2, 2012, 2:48 PM

off the dang woo hoo for at least this game since gatech fans were the ones who started it here, MAKING FUN OF US.

Oct 2, 2012, 2:52 PM

Actually it was Florida State, but I digress.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2012, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students, I'll issue another challenge. Knock ]

I hate the woo hoo, and I AM a current student.
Though you gotta admit, it would be appropriate to use it when we stomp the hell out of them.

Imagine, Clemson wins 65-21 and a big WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the face of Georgia Tech.

Oct 2, 2012, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students, I'll issue another challenge. Knock ]

I don't think the Woo Hoo is going anywhere unfortunately. Unless you put someone with a rifle on top of the West Endzone taking out everyone who Woo Hoos, it won't stop. Personally I've never woo hooed but some students do it just to #### off the old farts who stab footballs because they hear "woo hoo!"

Perhaps with a 3:30 start, folks will be a bit more rowdy.***

Oct 2, 2012, 2:59 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh, leave them alone. Don't you remember what it was

Oct 2, 2012, 3:09 PM

like to be in college?

I do, it was great & made very few games on time.

Re: Meh, leave them alone. Don't you remember what it was

Oct 2, 2012, 3:45 PM

that's lame. I was in college 5 years ago and made it to every single home game during my 4 year tenure, and i was ALWAYS ON TIME! Yes I still partied too, but the game came before that.

I don't understand these people who have to party 24/7 and can't control themselves. You can party and still make the game itself a priority.

Then you are one of the ones I'm talking about. ***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Meh, leave them alone. Don't you remember what it was ]

Sorry Bashful, statue of limitations expired many years ago

Oct 2, 2012, 5:34 PM

I may go a little old school this Saturday & show up late in your honor......

Showing up late is the opposite of "old school".

Oct 2, 2012, 10:49 PM

But to each their own.

I made every game on time wearing orange and didn't

Oct 2, 2012, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Meh, leave them alone. Don't you remember what it was ]

leave early

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm. Sounds vaguely familiar...

Oct 3, 2012, 9:02 AM

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-segment-dana-carvey-as-grumpy-old-man/1349003

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

With idiots scanning tickets, you have to get there early

Oct 2, 2012, 3:30 PM

Seriously, can we get folks who aren't too uncoordinated to work at BiLo that can actually scan a barcode?

Im always there before the team runs down the hill.***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:35 PM

"Teacher - leave them kids alone"***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson students, will you answer the challenge?

Oct 2, 2012, 3:48 PM

Forgive me if I don't want to go stand on the hill for an hour before the game in the heat and stay dying of thirst instead of leaving to get a FREE drink at halftime against FURMAN and BALL STATE. I am always there before they run down the hill and back for the 2nd half kick. And before you say I "don't get" Clemson football, I have been coming to Clemson games since I was two weeks old and am now a junior. So if you would like to trade seats with me feel free to T-mail me. If you would rather sit in your seat and be able to stand comfortably, then keep quiet

Why are you standing on the hill if you are a Jr?***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:52 PM

Re: Why are you standing on the hill if you are a Jr?***

Oct 2, 2012, 3:58 PM

Because I am an IPTAY member and that is where my tickets are located when I go pick them up? Can you address the question please? This isn't the debate tomorrow night.

plus, the Hill is just way more fun

Oct 2, 2012, 4:00 PM

I'm an alum and I still try to get tickets for the hill

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What question?***

Oct 2, 2012, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you standing on the hill if you are a Jr?*** ]

Re: What question?***

Oct 2, 2012, 4:08 PM

Would you like to trade seats with me? You're complaining about not showing up and about half of them sit on the hill, if you wouldn't like to be in that situation then you have no room to complain

Oct 2, 2012, 4:15 PM

If you will trade the cost of my tickets and IPTAY level to buy those tickets for your ticket costs I will trade.

Look, if you are at the game early and back before the 2nd half kick off then I'm obviously not talking about you, am I. Look to your left at the student section stands and you will see what I mean.

And as for the hill, I've stood there on more occasions than I can remember. I'm just surprised a Jr and a member of Iptay can't get better tickets than the hill. My daughters were IPTAY members and they very rarely stood on the hill when they were in school a few years ago.

Oct 2, 2012, 4:22 PM

I could get better tickets but I also get tickets for my girlfriend or brother depending on the week and neither are students so that limits my options. Plus, in order to get seats in IPTAY you either have to sit uppper deck or camp out. I don't mind sitting on the hill, but especially on those September games when it's blazing and miserable when the game isn't going on. I'm an intimidating enough dude that I can push my way down low enough that I'm pretty close but can still see plays develop.

Student tickets have zero face value.....

Oct 2, 2012, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: What question?*** ]

Also if an iptay member gets in line early enough they can be in the student section that has actual seats. My roommates and I are one of the first to pickup tickets for every home game as iptay members.

Re: Student tickets have zero face value.....

Oct 2, 2012, 7:14 PM

Having an 8 AM class and the line opens at 7:30 somewhat procludes me from doing that

that is tough***

Oct 2, 2012, 9:39 PM

Such is life

Oct 2, 2012, 10:05 PM

Gotta get that diploma

You're not the problem, then***

Oct 2, 2012, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students, will you answer the challenge? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd prefer the team to answer the challenge

Oct 2, 2012, 7:03 PM

Don't want the student section to be half-empty in the 3rd quarter? Don't schedule Ball State and Furman.

Not losing the biggest game of the year with a 14 point lead might help too.

What month were you born?***

Oct 2, 2012, 8:02 PM

Re: What month were you born?***

Oct 2, 2012, 8:34 PM

Who is this creepy question directed at?

What about the people who yell at me to sit down?***

Oct 2, 2012, 9:03 PM

There's something in these hills.

Take it up with the people checking student IDs.

Oct 2, 2012, 9:45 PM

They station about 2 morons per entrance to the student section, and check every single person's student IDs before they can sit down. This is AFTER the IDs are already checked at the gate. The line is extremely slow moving, and people cut in it all the time.
I have waited in these lines for over 30 minutes every game. I am going to try to arrive earlier this time, but it is pretty crappy when I have to cut in to my tailgating time just to wait in line to get my ID checked twice.

If Dabo cares about students being in their seats on time, he should probably take it up with whoever told these morons to check IDs, not the students.

Re: Take it up with the people checking student IDs.

Oct 2, 2012, 10:05 PM

This has bothered me so much. I've gotten to the stadium in what should be more than enough time to get to my seats for both games. Both times I've ended up missing the team running down the hill and the first touchdown because of the long line that I have to wait in for section A. Both times I've had both my student ID and ticket checked walking into the stadium and at the portal.

I don't know about y'all, but when I was in college, there

Oct 2, 2012, 10:08 PM

were a lot more important things than getting to a football game on time, e.g., booze, leg, booze, leg, leg, leg, booze, weed, etc.

Wild times in Columbia eh?****

Oct 3, 2012, 9:14 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic