Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't have any Johnstone memories for $100...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I don't have any Johnstone memories for $100...

Apr 4, 2014, 6:30 PM

because I lived in New West (Stadium Suites) when I attended...you know, back in the day. But the awesome thread I've been reading brings back memories:

- Suite mate singing Sweet Caroline (BA BA BA) in the mirror every Thursday after a long night drinking while getting ready for bed in the common area. I strangely miss Elliot.

- Relay racing a cheap electric version of a razor scooter that I won at work down the hallways, down the elevator, through the lobby and back up. By round 2 the lobby attendant had gone from telling us to stop to cheering and asking for the play by play.

- Finding the PERFECT backpack that could just fit an entire 12 pack of bottles...still in the case. EPIC.

Post your memories, no matter what on-campus housing you terrorized right here folks. Man I miss Clemson as a student!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Johnstone E-5 Memories 1967

Apr 4, 2014, 6:41 PM

Hall Hockey in E-5. 40 per team, all with brooms, one Budweiser can for a puck, two 55-gallon trash drums on their side for goals.....

Johnstone overpass D/E Winter 1967-1968. Beer Can Bazookas shooting brown toilet paper missiles between the Yanks and the Grits...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Johnstone E-5 Memories 1967

Apr 4, 2014, 10:05 PM

Helx I live on E-5! Boys became Men! Rule # 1
Never ask for the Tissure!
Never leave a towel hanging alone!
Leave door open when trying to study!

Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.***

Apr 4, 2014, 6:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

E-5 Spring 1968

Apr 4, 2014, 7:35 PM

E-5 Spring 1968:

88 degrees and the dang HEAT is on....

TV's are taboo and we still had 3 on the hall

HUGE panty raid from the Quad to Manning Hall. Manning Lomax, Residence Sup. "bathes" in RMC library pool.

Army ROTC calling the USAF ROTC 'bus drivers" because their uniforms closely resemble Greyhound employees.

Re: Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.***

Apr 4, 2014, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.*** ]

Walkin down the hall of D6 in 1974 heading to the showers one morning and stepped on a roach in bare feel. Nothing like it. Also, put up a board inside the shower stall and cut the water on...had a swimming pool 4 feet deep. Finally moved the board a tad and a wall of water headed down E-6 and down the stairs. Priceless.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.***

Apr 4, 2014, 7:40 PM

also remember plain lacrosse in the hall. Those lacrosse balls would slam against the metal walls of our RA...Bang! Fortunately, he was at his frat party and no where around.

E-5 1993, E-3 1994***

Apr 4, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wall Panels in Johnstone

Apr 4, 2014, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.*** ]

We(an 'upperclassman"--sophomore) knew how to remove the door and move a wall panel and re-locate the door. Did this to our hall supervisor when he came back from the Study Hall downtown..

tripped over his bed when he came in.. we reversed the door so it would open out into the hall. Had a Hall meeting at 3am....

Door back in correct position at 445am....

F-4 rules! My room was at the end of the annex hallway

Apr 4, 2014, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Sort of feel bad for you young'uns that didn't get to experience Johnstone.*** ]

my wall was dented in where people ran and put their shoulder into it after a late night of partying.

Re: I don't have any Johnstone memories for $100...

Apr 4, 2014, 8:41 PM

Power went out one night. Some of the guys played bluegrass. Think it was on E1. Had our door pennied shut on several occasions. Duds passed out in the halls in on the weekend morning. Shower pool was great. No doors on the shitters. Tanning on the ledge. Putting the speakers in the windows. Shooting bottle rockets at the frat dorm from F annex. Good times.

Bombarding Norris #8 in the 60's....

Apr 4, 2014, 9:52 PM

Frat Quad fulla cars on game week-ends....

this was BEFORE national frats came in.

I served 2 years in The Cans; C section 72-73; D 73-74.***

Apr 4, 2014, 10:19 PM

Re: C-5 Memories. 1977-1981

Apr 4, 2014, 10:33 PM

Great bunch of guys. Sitting on the ledge - ranking women as they walked by.
The best of times.

Apr 4, 2014, 10:45 PM

B-901 Johnstone 1968-69

No AC

Sitting on the ledge over-looking the quad as the buses of girls from Winthrop were bussed in for the dances. Uh - we only had a handful of girls on campus then.

Getting a grilled cheese sandwich at the canteen next to the Quad.

Drilling with the Pershing Rifles Drill Team

Waiting until my dang hair grew long enough to part it

Apr 4, 2014, 11:51 PM

D-5 in '65-'66: Hall Mama getting married over Christmas needed "china pattern" and "silver" collection for new bride...... enlisted us Rats to secure same......all stamped CDH......Clemson Dining Hall - not his initials! Smuggling trays out of Dining Hall on snow days to sled the hills behind Memorial Stadium. Also remember that each hall had 5 crapper stalls and if you could get 4 guys to flush 4 of the stalls at the same time, the fifth would back up on the innocent victim doing his business.....particularly effective on someone who's had "fouled the air" on the hall!

LOL....The old flushing trick worked best right after the

Apr 5, 2014, 11:49 AM

victim had just dropped his first load and before he wiped.

I'll never forget that we had a fairly heavyset dude on our hall, who thought fart-bombing unsuspecting folks was a great accomplishment. You should have heard him squealing like a stuck pig after being on the receiving end of a flush-out. From then on he only visited the toilets late at night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sitting on the ledge outside Johnstone A733, drinking beer..

Apr 5, 2014, 8:34 AM

watching a Jimmy Buffett concert in Tillman through the window.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Norris Hall

Apr 5, 2014, 12:15 PM

and the smell of stale beer....your flip flops squeaking and sticking to the floor stumbling to the shower the morning after a blurry night

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic