Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson House Barber Shop... :(
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,502

Clemson House Barber Shop... :(

Feb 10, 2017, 8:39 PM

https://www.change.org/p/save-the-iconic-clemson-house-barber-shop-with-your-signature/u/19364921?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_campaign=petition_update&sfmc_tk=nHLx2KjxngC0G8fxajqZ7ibK%2flyRWdX75pIuwB4ztHo0fe9FCzkqkmJND6HN6FLs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some great years were had there. RIP

Feb 10, 2017, 9:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get the he concept of "saving" the CH Barber Shop ..

Feb 10, 2017, 9:38 PM

I love Clemson ... I grew up there and lived there for over 40 years. Almost everything from my youth in Clemson is a cherished memory. But, for the life of me, I can't understand how one would go about "saving" the Clemson House Barber Shop after the Clemson House itself is gone.

What is there to save?

The Clemson House Barber Shop was two special things ... the physical location in the hotel and the people like Dennis Lay, who manned the chairs all those years. It's sad, but neither of those will be around in the future.

Just moving a group of barbers to another random building on campus won't "save" the Clemson House Barber shop anymore than building another movie theater and calling it The Clemson Theater would revive the original theater that's now Tiger Sports Shop or like the "new" Study Hall Deli which is not the old "Study Hall" no matter what they call it.

The Clemson House Barber Shop, the Clemson Theater, The Study Hall, etc. are in the past along with so many other iconic landmarks from Old Clemson. Once they're gone, you can't save them and you can't recreate them.

I apologize if this sounds cynical. That's not my intent. I'm just upset because the Clemson I knew is rapidly disappearing and frustrated because there's not much that can be done about it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes change is good

Feb 10, 2017, 9:38 PM

Clemson House is a dump and sits on top of a hill for everybody to see. Nostalgic but not necessary for the future campus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic