Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Terminology: A Comprehensive List...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Basketball Terminology: A Comprehensive List...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:55 AM

Since clearly many of you don’t know much about the sport.

1) Free Throw: When you are fouled while shooting the ball, or some other times sometimes, you get to shoot up to three uncontested shots from a line painted on the floor.
2) Three Pointer: A shot that counts as three points. It’s pretty far from the basket, and is marked by a line on the floor. It’s harder to make these shots because they are farther away.
3) Slam Dunk: This is when you put the ball in the basket by jumping up and forcing the ball through, often grabbing ahold of the rim afterwards. It pumps up the crowd and demoralizes the other team.
4) Shot Clock: You only have a limited amount of time to shoot the ball before you have to give it to the other team. It’s like 25 seconds or 40 seconds or something like that.
5) Time Out: It’s like a pause button for the game. But it only lasts like 20 seconds. I think sometimes they last longer, maybe.
6) Pick & Roll: It’s the only basketball play. Every team runs it on almost every possession.
7) Hack A Shaq: Trying to foul another player because he is better than you but isn’t great at “free throws”(See 1).
8) Foul: Hitting another player. Grabbing another player. Looking at another player wrong. Hack A Shaq (See 7)
9) Coach: He wears a suit and generally knows less about basketball than anyone else in the building.
10) Offense: When you have the ball.
11) Defense: When you don’t have the ball.

Message was correctly posted by: Francis Marion®

GWP & Bob are antagonistic naysayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Basketball Terminology: A Comprehensive List...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:58 AM

You honestly don't have anything to do, do ya?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t follow?***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

What is a "crowed"?

Feb 18, 2019, 8:00 AM

And don't bother changing it, I already took a screen shot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You are born with two ears and only one mouth for a reason.***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:02 AM

I don't follow?***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He likes to stick weird stuff in his ears.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:26 AM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Great list, but can you also enlighten us on what these

Feb 18, 2019, 8:05 AM

things called "wins" and "losses" are? Which one is better? What it takes to produce them? And how we can insure we get the better of the two most of the time?

Those are not important terms in Clemson basketball.***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:06 AM

null

I wish I could argue with you.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:43 AM

But you do have a lot of evidence on your side.

Feb 18, 2019, 8:09 AM

Halftime: When you parade out the football team to congratulate them on the most recent hardware acquisition.

I doubt you even played sports but if it were a comprehensive list . . .

Feb 18, 2019, 8:09 AM

Travel—when you have to play at the other teams basketball complex. Can be by planes, train, automobile, or ship
Dribble—the crap that #### vitals says

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was an all star pitcher when I was 12 ...

Feb 18, 2019, 8:11 AM

I also met Monte Lee last year. Hope that answers your question.

Baseball is not a sport, it’s a pastime and . . .

Feb 18, 2019, 8:13 AM

I always envisioned you as the catcher for some reason

Call me back when you pitch in a championship game...

Feb 18, 2019, 8:17 AM

barefooted.

I don’t follow?***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:21 AM

What is "uncontesded?"

Feb 18, 2019, 8:33 AM

And don't bother changing it, I already took a screen shot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think your making stuff up.

Feb 18, 2019, 8:45 AM

agin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Gee - That Francis sure knows a lot ...

Feb 18, 2019, 9:07 AM

... about basketball!!! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

isn't it a little late in the season for this,

Feb 18, 2019, 9:09 AM

it seems that a lot of tnetters could have found this handy a few months ago. why am I not surprised that you fell asleep at the wheel, again..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 10:01 AM

Hoops Snob ^

Must live in Chapel Hole or Durhump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic