Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And the dems are slow rolling it for politics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

And the dems are slow rolling it for politics

May 30, 2019, 11:09 AM

According to Pelosi, they will continue congressional investigations and THEN decide if impeachment is necessary. Mueller already did the leg work Nancy.

This is their pushing out until November strategy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: And the dems are slow rolling it for politics

May 30, 2019, 11:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the point of the Mueller report...

May 30, 2019, 11:13 AM

in relation to the President, if not to provide the information they need to make the impeachment call?

Obviously Speaker Pelosi is not my representative, so there's nothing I can do about her. But I will find out if my Congressman agrees with this strategy, and vote in 2020 with that as an important factor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I understand it, a special prosecutor works

May 30, 2019, 3:54 PM

for, answers and reports to the AG. The special prosecutor, as part of a law enforcement department of the federal government, conducts a criminal investigation in order to determine if criminal activity has occurred and subsequently if there is sufficient evidence to indict. The special prosecutor reports his/her findings directly to his/her boss, the Attorney General, and his/her job is done. The AG takes it from there. It doesn't seem to me Mueller has any obligation or duty to report the findings to congress or the media or to the public. That determination lies entirely with the AG. It is a criminal investigation done by and for a law enforcement branch of government, and a special prosecutor is not working for The House or The Senate, and is not expected or required to provide information to them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He's legally required to respond to a Congressional subpoena

May 30, 2019, 5:19 PM

and he will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course he is - that's totally not what I'm saying.

May 30, 2019, 6:22 PM

I figured somebody would misconstrue what I said. I don't work for congress either, my job function has nothing to do with congress, and aside from obeying the laws they pass, I operate day-to-day with complete disregard for congress or what they think. BUT - if they subpoena me for some reason, I guess I have to go. It's no different with Mueller. I was responding directly to Prod's suggestion that the whole point to Mueller's investigation with regards to the president was to provide information to congress for the consideration of impeachment. I'm simply pointing out that is false, and if that Mueller did somehow see that as his purpose, he was well beyond his purview and flat out wrong. He was a prosecutor working within the criminal justice system for the Attorney General, conducting a criminal investigation - he was not working for congress and had no business conducting the investigation with the end goal of reporting to The House Of Representatives - impeachment should not have been his concern. Now, if he is supoened after the fact, that's another matter altogether, but he worked for and was only responsible for reporting to the AG. Once he did that, he was not expected to or required to report to the media or to congress, barring subpoena.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

How dare they wait to gather all of the evidence and

May 30, 2019, 11:37 AM

interview witnesses, build public knowledge of the facts, increase public support for impeachment and thus Senatorial support of conviction all while minimizing the potential political downside!

It is the end of May. There are a number of ongoing investigations inside and outside of Congress. Senate Republicans would not, at this point, vote to convict. I would think that, by the end of the summer/early fall, many of these investigations will be nearing completion and, after public testimony of key witnesses and Mueller, public pressure will be so great that the path forward will be clear.

Patience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz,,just lulz***

May 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are not interviewing any of the POTUS staff or...

May 30, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to How dare they wait to gather all of the evidence and ]

any member of the justice department. POTUS has exercised exec privilege. They aren't getting the 302s (witness' testimonies) from justice either.

The SCOTUS won't overturn exec privilege because Mueller didn't charge, indict or even accuse anyone of obstruction of justice. You can't go to court and get a warrant without probable cause and they don't have it.

The SCOTUS doesn't issue fishing licenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are additional elements of obstruction that the courts

May 30, 2019, 1:47 PM

will overcome. Trump can't stop Mueller from testifying. We are seeing how powerful that 8 minute statement was to public perceptions. Hope Hicks, McGahn and his note taker - Annie Donaldson, will have to testify. Since, so many people are not reading the report and are ignorant of its contents, that will have dramatic effects on public perceptions.

I would encourage you to listen to Mueller's brief statement and read the Mueller Report.

Re: Those are additional elements of obstruction that the courts

May 30, 2019, 4:26 PM

Previously read the report prior to Mueller's statement. It was all in the report and one could only conclude that the ONLY reason charges were not brought was the sitting POTUS. One can meander all around that point but in the end you are right back to CONGRESS do your dang job.

If the President has committed additional impeachable acts

May 30, 2019, 5:40 PM

they should all be considered in an impeachment trial and Senate vote. There's no need to rush, particularly in light of the ongoing obstruction in plain sight.

This is going to take awhile.

everything is done for politics and power

May 30, 2019, 12:08 PM

implement term limits so maybe they will concentrate on working for the people

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

SC ruled unconstitutional as in we

May 30, 2019, 6:34 PM

already have term limits...called elections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's for politics alright...

May 30, 2019, 1:18 PM

but they won't impeach Trump. Polls show most Americans are not supporting impeachment. I think the number was 56%. If it's anywhere close to that the dems who took seats in the midterms won't last through the next election.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the dems are slow rolling it for politics

May 30, 2019, 4:23 PM

Start Articles of Impeachment or shut up , simple choice at this point. If Pelosi and the DEMS play this like a monkey fornicating a football and only talk about potential crimes,impeachment it will cost them dearly. Time to nut up, if they play monkey fornicating a football they will lose any and all goodwill from independents and sane Republicans as it will all be a political ploy. Time to nut up and do what is right and in the best interests of the Nation, who cares if the Senate votes it down as we wuill have that on record to vote those bastages out in 2020.

It's pretty obvious the Prez broke the

May 30, 2019, 6:07 PM

Law many times, and if they are serious about upholding the law, they will impeach.

On the other hand it is stupid politically to impeach, and that's what they are about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even like Trump

May 30, 2019, 6:34 PM

But saying "Its pretty obvious Trump broke the law" sounds a lot like the coots saying "Its pretty obvious Clemson cheats". Words with absolutely no demonstrable proof.

Not trying to pick on anyone.

Frankly, just so sick of this political posturing and having the feeling that... as far as the congress goes... Ain't nobody at the wheel.

There are documented examples throughout thee

May 30, 2019, 6:36 PM

Mueller report.

Why would any prosecutor conduct a criminal investigation

May 30, 2019, 6:45 PM

for the purposes of determining if there is enough evidence to prosecute someone they knew they could not prosecute and had no intention of prosecuting?

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic