Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to open practice on Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,363

Aug 4, 2011, 8:27 PM

Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney will welcome 105 Tigers to practice on the fields behind the Jervey Athletic Center on Friday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson to open practice on Friday

Aug 4, 2011, 8:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGEGiqwS9A

Need to prove you deserve the scholly CatMan.

Aug 4, 2011, 9:07 PM

Hate to put so much on one player in a team sport, but he hurt us last year.

He does not have to do anything

Aug 4, 2011, 9:22 PM

Punter position is endowed. No Schollys get debited.

Know your facts before you shoot off your mouth..err fingers

Re: He does not have to do anything

Aug 4, 2011, 10:23 PM

You do realize he is the field goal kicker, right? The same one that missed clutch kick after clutch kick after regular kick last year, right? What is this non-sense about punters? And you are telling other people to get their facts straight...interesting.

LoLz***

Aug 4, 2011, 10:25 PM [ in reply to He does not have to do anything ]

Re: He does not have to do anything

Aug 5, 2011, 6:22 AM [ in reply to He does not have to do anything ]

"Punter position is endowed. No Schollys get debited.". Wow couldn't be more wrong about that.

Just because the position if endowed doesn't mean he doesn't count against the 85 scholarship limit. The endowment only means that the money for the scholarship has already been provided but frankly scholarship money is paid by IPTAY and there hasn't been a problem with the dollar side of things. The bigger concern is the count of the number of scholarship given.

Given our current scholarship numbers and recruitment levels there is a high likelihood that next year he won't get a scholarship (despite the endowment).

So to quote someone else "Know your facts before you shoot off your mouth..err fingers"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I happen to know the family that contributes the money

Aug 5, 2011, 9:03 AM

The family of a former punter.

Can you make yourself any bigger of an IDIOT?

I dont care if you know the President

Aug 5, 2011, 12:17 PM

1. Dawson Zimmerman is the punter for Clemson. As such he receives the scholarship money from the endowment.

2. I don't care if we had 500 endowed positions on the football team. As long as the NCAA has the current rules there can be no more than 85 scholarships in football.

3. Chandler C is a walk-on kicker. That he received a one year scholarship last season and again this year has absolutely nothing to do with any endowment that may exist. He received a scholarship because Clemson had only given out 84 of them.

4. Before you start calling people an idiot I highly recommend you know what you're talking about. It makes you look like a fool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude was a TRUE Freshman

Aug 5, 2011, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Need to prove you deserve the scholly CatMan. ]

Ya he missed some big kicks.. but he also made some huge kicks..

He was a true freshman and people expected him to kick like a senior.. Its a joke.. He was outstanding for being a true freshman.. and thats that

No actually he was a red-shirt freshman

Aug 5, 2011, 6:32 AM

I'm not trashing the guy but he didn't do a great (or perhaps even good) job last season. Missed far too many kicks. Now its a team game so I'm not going to say that it was his fault that we lost games but whoever the kicker is must do a better job this year.

Oh and we have seen freshman kickers come in and do a good job kicking (Chris Gardocki says hi). We shall all see who wins the kicking battle this year. Perhaps it will be RS-So Catman, perhaps the true freshman Lakip or maybe someone else like Benton.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic