Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't care how many game KB won last year....IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 2,940

I don't care how many game KB won last year....IMO

May 21, 2018, 11:23 AM

I think we pissed away a year with KB. Based on what we saw on the field, HJ should have been starting and should have been the starter going into 2018.

Losing HJ really sucks! Too many QBs. As a fan and from a distance, it does not look like the coaching staff managed recruiting very well.

KB is not the QB to lead this team to compete for a NC. It was obvious against Bama.

Now we're down to KB (I can run but not throw), TL (I'm a freshman), and CB (I'm a gamer but KB and TL get the nod ahead of me).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't care how many game KB won last year....IMO

May 21, 2018, 11:25 AM

I think the syracuse game played a role in HJ deciding to leave. HJ not being the full time starter for that game after KB went down showed seniority vs talent, and the staff picked seniority by playing Cooper.

Three years ago we lost in the national championship game

May 21, 2018, 11:27 AM

2 years ago we won the national championship game
Last year we lost in the semi-finals of the national championship playoffs

But please keep telling us about how the coaching staff didn't manage recruiting very well...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

LOL

May 21, 2018, 11:28 AM

Pissed away a year where we went 12-2 and made it to the playoffs?

Come on man, step back from the ledge.

We can argue about stats, and who is the better QB, and all the general sort of message board stuff, but frankly you sound like a spoiled ungrateful child with your bashing of KB and your foot-stomping "coaches screwed up" message.

Last year was arguably in the top 5 seasons of all time at Clemson. If you're gonna get upset at that outcome and slam players and coaches after that sort of year, then perhaps college football just isn't a sport you should follow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going into the season everyone acknowledge Clemson

May 21, 2018, 11:35 AM

had an easy path to the playoff.

I may be spoiled but with KB at the helm last year, we were not going to win the big games. Auburn may have been the second toughest team we played last year. The ACC schedule was fairly easy and VT was just not ready yet.

The coaching staff has done a great job of recruiting but I think they over recruited and mismanaged at QB. Attrition has done the job for them and adjusted it to the about where it needs to be. I just think they could have planned it better.

I think this is precisely the type of thinking

May 21, 2018, 11:45 AM

That Dabo was discussing in his comments about Alabama and their (seeming) attitude of "win-it-all-or-its-a-bust-of-a-season."

Honestly, if you can't enjoy last season and not have it lead you to bashing players and coaches (and yes, calling it a season we "pissed" away, and your clever "can't throw" barb pointed at KB apply) then perhaps stepping away for a bit and getting some perspective is in order?

Last season, by any rational standard, was a success. It didn't end how we wanted it to, but the fact is utterly undeniable that KB helmed our team to one of the top 5 seasons in our history.

Maybe TL should start this season if he beats out KB, I, obviously, have no problem with that, but give KB his due (and the coaches along with him). Some of our fanbase needs to take a big step back and get some perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got it. Utiliiger (no championships) disagrees

May 21, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Going into the season everyone acknowledge Clemson ]

With dabo (multiple championships)

It has been so recorded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Going into the season everyone acknowledge Clemson

May 21, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Going into the season everyone acknowledge Clemson ]

You do realize people had FSU winning the ACC and us taking a step back last year right?? We lost our qb, rb, top 2 wrs, te, and c. On D we lost our best S and cB, we lost our leader on D as well. So agreeing that we pissed away last year with KB starting is about the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Most teams would be thrilled to make the playoffs and go 12-2 after the players we had lost. KB lead us to one of the best years in Clemson history. You people really need a reality check.

Re: Going into the season everyone acknowledge Clemson

May 21, 2018, 1:54 PM

Totally agree

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we're in a good spot

May 21, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

if a 12-2 season with an ACC championship and a coot stomping is apparently a year "pissed away". Some people can just never, ever be happy.

May 21, 2018, 11:31 AM

I’m sorry to hear about your urinary tract infection little Tiger.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:33 AM

Good lord some of our "fans" are pathetic.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

HJ could have lost to Auburn, VT, Syracuse, BC, NC State.***

May 21, 2018, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:37 AM

Wait for it....

Now that's a bad day!! +1 for sharing***

May 21, 2018, 11:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rule #1 keep your eye on the bull.***

May 21, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't care how many game KB won last year....IMO ]

Maybe you should be punished and have to pull for the coots

May 21, 2018, 11:57 AM

for a few years. Many "fans" would trade their first born for a year like last year. KB is not DW but he did a helluva job last year. A little better blocking, a caught pass, and a couple of bounces going our way and he could have been a NC QB. Yes it does suck that HJ is transferring but the kid wants to play and can easily start for many teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bravo Sierra...KB sucks....they couldn't block bc

May 21, 2018, 12:12 PM

Bama knew KB could not throw.

Re: Bravo Sierra...KB sucks....they couldn't block bc

May 21, 2018, 1:52 PM

UtilTiger said:

Bama knew KB could not throw.

What Bama knew was KB, by the stats, could throw as well as DW4 but did not have the receivers on the other end. Bama also had arguably the best secondary in the country. How many times have you seen HR shut down? Bama took away the pass with their secondary & pass rush. Not to mention Tigers O-line were abysmal. Having DW4 or HJ or TL for that matter wouldn’t have mattered

Re: Bravo Sierra...KB sucks....they couldn't block bc

May 21, 2018, 2:02 PM

This is perhaps one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this board....

Kelly Bryant could throw as well as Deshaun? Are you serious? By that logic, KB could also run better than Deshuan, so technically he is the better QB.

I am sick and tired of this "KB had no recievers to throw to". 2 of them got drafted!!! He also had Renfrow. Give me an F'ing break! Do you think it was an anomaly that Deon Cain and Ray Ray had better years statistically as back ups with Deshaun than Featured WR's with KB?

Quit looking through orange colored shades. Kelly Bryant is an average to below average passer. He missed TONs of WR's. If his first read wasn't there, he would just tuck and run. I don't understand how people don't see that.

Kelly is a great person and represents the school well. That doesn't mean that he's a great QB

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:07 PM

Well, you might be right except for 1 minor little detail.

Dabo, Jeff, Tony and Brandon didn't see what you apparently thought you saw.

They watched, engaged and coached them all day in and day out.

Maybe I'm eccentric...but I'm going to go with their judgement. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS....I can't count how many times I've been told the

May 21, 2018, 12:14 PM

coaches know best and the fans are stupid and should shut up.

I'm curious as to how many people truly believe KB was the best QB on the team last year.

Well...

May 21, 2018, 12:18 PM

The folks with the most evidence...

The folks in the position to know....

The folks who saw it every single day...

The folks whose livelihoods depend on making that determination...

The folks who have forgotten more about football than you (or I) will ever know...

The folks who have a NC ring on their finger...

The folks who see things we don't (and can't) see (including leadership abilities, preparedness, knowledge of playbook, etc)...

Yeah, those folks said we had the best chance to win with KB at the helm.

But sure, you saw him 14 times and know better.

Re: Well...

May 21, 2018, 12:27 PM

Re: BS....I can't count how many times I've been told the

May 21, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to BS....I can't count how many times I've been told the ]

coaches know best and the fans are stupid and should shut up.

(Mrs. Muschamp, is that you?)

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to BS....I can't count how many times I've been told the ]

The only real thing I can come up with is consistency. When Johnson did come in he definitely made some dangerous throws that never really cost us because of who we were playing against at that point and he did throw a lot of picks in HS. I think early in the season the coaches were probably nervous about the potential lows even if the highs were higher, and by the midpoint we were winning with running and defense so they just never changed course.

May 21, 2018, 12:24 PM

true

Message was edited by: DirtyTiger2000

May 21, 2018, 12:27 PM

So being preseason #5 nationally and #2 in the ACC but finishing #4 nationally and #1 in the ACC is pissing away a season? Gotcha.

OMG we are down to a QB that led us to the playoff last

May 21, 2018, 1:57 PM

year and the best QB prospect of the last decade!! What will we ever do to get ourselves out of this debacle??

This may be the craziest assessment made in quite a while.

May 21, 2018, 2:18 PM

I'm 180 degrees opposite in my assessment.

We are "down to" a guy in Kelly Bryant who won 12 games in his first year as a starter, a guy in Trevor Lawrence who some scouts say could go straight to the NFL right now, and a guy in Chase Brice who would start for 70-80% of the teams in America.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of like complaing about the Patriots trading....

May 21, 2018, 2:20 PM

Jimmy Garrapalo(sp) the year they won it all. We still have Brady, Aaron Rodgers etc. We have solid backups too.

May 21, 2018, 3:06 PM

A pretty reliable source, a scout team o-lineman, said that HJ couldn't learn the play book. That was the reason he didn't get to play at Syracuse and didn't play much. He said HJ would go left and be sacked when he was supposed to go right and things like that. He said coach Caldwell would tell the oline to let HJ know which direction the play was going. If that's the case, he's gonna most likely have to learn a whole new system elsewhere and that may be hard for him. A Chad Morris coached Arky might be the best thing for him. Idk.

Replies: 31
| visibility 2,940
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic