Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't buy the media and fan's bullchit about Nkemdiche.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I don't buy the media and fan's bullchit about Nkemdiche.

Jul 6, 2012, 8:36 PM

I don't believe that chit they say about Bama and UGA wouldn't have taken these guys from Grayson. We always get landblasted by the fans when we land a top player like Sammy, CJ or Robert. The media just twist every story to fit what most fans want to hear. "Clemson sucks, they don't deserve it. They cheated. They are paying players whaaaaa."

The truth of the matter is, we needed all three of these guys. They visited Clemson and fell in love just like I did my first time there. Dabo made them offers and connected with them and they committed to Clemson. The rest of the world went crazy cause these kids didn't go to their schools.

When a story is spun out of control like this crump has every right to move any post about it to the P&R bored.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Envy of us is a heck of a thing.***

Jul 6, 2012, 8:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm envious of bama.***

Jul 6, 2012, 8:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only their schedule--would love to play in Baton Rouge

Jul 6, 2012, 8:46 PM

Knoxville, and College Station, Texas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why???***

Jul 6, 2012, 8:48 PM [ in reply to I'm envious of bama.*** ]

Champs***

Jul 6, 2012, 10:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's doubtful Bama or UGA would have taken the other

Jul 6, 2012, 8:41 PM

Grayson players. So what?

Perhaps.

Jul 6, 2012, 10:41 PM

The sec is notorious for over signing and using kids like condoms. #### with them then flush them down the toilet.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let them talk. Take what you think you need and can

Jul 6, 2012, 8:41 PM

live with. Their beating their lips together does not matter one iota.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the "cheating" stuff is LAME. People who throw that out

Jul 6, 2012, 8:47 PM

look idiotic.

The "cheating" done during the Danny Ford years was NO DIFFERENT than what was done at SO MANY, if not most, schools. It also doesn't even remotely compare to the CURRENT CHEATING done by programs that have been dismissed by the NCAA due to the NCAA's pathetic weakness.

The same people who say we still cling to our 30-year old National Champtionship are the ones who bring up this ridiculous "cheating" accusation! Yep, the NC was a long time ago, and no one at Clemson is saying we are still world beaters based on that. The media continues to ASSUME we do. And, YEP, the "CHEATING" was done a long time ago...so long that there is NO RELATIONSHIP with what we are doing today!

Unbelievable.

Re: And the "cheating" stuff is LAME. People who throw that out

Jul 6, 2012, 8:51 PM

I kinda doubt Bama is jealous of anybody!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Guess who is on probation for doing it.***

Jul 6, 2012, 8:55 PM [ in reply to And the "cheating" stuff is LAME. People who throw that out ]

Alabama , according to Scout, had 136 commits over the past

Jul 6, 2012, 8:50 PM

5 years. What is another 2 or 3 on that list. I believe your call is correct.

how many of Clowney's teammates/friends did Probation Steve

Jul 6, 2012, 8:55 PM

offer? I remember the two brothers with the same name that played with him (Dixon?)....but of course, the Chicklets will swear that was not the case.

This happens all the time, with almost every school, when it comes to getting elite players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how many of Clowney's teammates/friends did Probation Steve

Jul 6, 2012, 9:32 PM

I have no idea if that is what happened or not but both of them had committed way before Clowney ever did. Also, both of these young men were takes with our without Clowney, not to mention their father played for USC in the '90's. Package deals happen all of the country every day. The difference is the recruits don't openly talk about it and tell the media he may look elsewhere unless a specific guy from his high school is offered. What is going to happen down the road if/when his buddies get upset because they aren't getting the playing time they want? Will there be more demands made?

Not enough to see them sign with USuCk so...

Jul 6, 2012, 10:56 PM

mind your own gatdam business.

Jul 6, 2012, 9:33 PM [ in reply to how many of Clowney's teammates/friends did Probation Steve ]

Gerald Dixon and Gerald Dixon Jr were brothers but played
for two different schools. GD played at South Pionte
with Clowney, and GD Jr played at Northwestern. We were
persuing both for a long time, and they had offers with
a lot of other schools. The Dixons had family memebers
that played at South Carolina so we had them since they
were freshmen. .... Nice try though

Squawking as if on command

Jul 6, 2012, 9:49 PM

just couldn't resist, could you.

So Probation Steve got two three-star players to commit on Jan 4th.....who happened to be Clowney's BEST FRIENDS. At least one of the Grayson guys is a 4-star talent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/563055-south-carolina-recruiting-dixon-brothers-pick-south-carolina-clowney-next

South Carolina Recruiting: Dixon Brothers Pick South Carolina, Clowney Next?
By Alex Roberts (Featured Columnist) on January 5, 2011

Jan. 4, 2011 was a great day to be a South Carolina Gamecocks fan.

They picked up two huge commitments by the Dixon brothers. Gerald Dixon is a three-star (vastly underrated) defensive end who plays opposite of Jadeveon Clowney at South Pointe, and Gerald Dixon Jr. is an athletic three-star (again, vastly underrated) defensive tackle who plays at Northwestern High School.

There is a major significance to these commitments, and I will get to that in a moment. First...the players.

What is clear about this article is that Jadeveon Clowney thinks the world of Dixon and attributes some of his success to the success of the big guy.

However, the biggest potential impact of this could involve the No. 1 prospect in the country, man-beast Jadeveon Clowney.

According to Barry Byers of the Rock Hill Herald, the Dixons had this to say:

“We’ve been working on Clowney. I think it’s working,” said Gerald Jr., who got a taste of how they’d work together in the Palmetto State’s winning Shrine Bowl effort.

“With Clowney and all of the Rock Hill guys on the field together, I was thinking to myself, ‘I like this,’” Gerald Jr. said.

It has been rumored that Clowney has said many times that he would love to play with the Dixon brothers.
They are his best friends.

It looks as though this is going to come down to Alabama and South Carolina, which is pretty much what we thought all along. It will come down to this:

Since Chris Rumph has taken a job at Alabama from Clemson (Clowney was excited about Rumph, who was the only reason he was considering Clemson) and South Carolina picked up two of his talented friends, the competition has become even more exciting.

Does he go with the coach he loves? Or his best friend?

We will soon see, as he is set to make a Feb. 2 announcement.

Re: Squawking as if on command

Jul 6, 2012, 9:55 PM

What's your point? This is what recruits all over the country say...that they are working on so-and-so and would like to play with their friends. This is totally different than what is transpiring between Nkemdiche, Grayson High School and Clemson.

and my suspicions are revealed....you're not bright enough

Jul 6, 2012, 10:40 PM

to comprehend the situation. The AJC writer sucked your gullible little mind in and you bit. Not surprising to see a gamecock fan confused, because if a gamecock had intelligence, he would have been accepted at a better school.

Read Nkemdiche's twitter posted above...or don't, I doubt you would believe it anyway. You've made up your mind and your version of the truth, misguided as it is.

Re: Squawking as if on command

Jul 7, 2012, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Squawking as if on command ]

The difference in RN's recruitment and JC's recruitment is that USC offered and took commitments from other Rock Hill players long before JC committed. The USC coaches also wanted both kids with or without JC.

Clemson took a commitment from RN and now he's saying that an offer to a certain kid would lock up his commitment. The CU coaches are clearly unsure of whether or not they want to offer Carter. I'm sure, though, that they will be painted into a corner and more or less be forced to offer him... whether they want to or not.

Jul 6, 2012, 9:34 PM [ in reply to how many of Clowney's teammates/friends did Probation Steve ]

the BIG THING here is all the JOBS for dads that the dirty c$$t just happen to have around!!! LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't buy the media and fan's bullchit about Nkemdiche.

Jul 7, 2012, 8:57 AM

All of the football powerhouses, their fans, and their media cheerleaders are scared. They realize Dabo is returning Clemson to greatness, and they are jealous that we are signing so many top players. They will shut up as soon as Dabo wins his first national championship. Of course, they will probably say we cheated, but they will be grasping for anything to explain our dominance. After Dabo crushes Spurrier this year, I wonder how long it will be before they beat us again. Ten, fifteen, twenty years? It's going to suck to be a lamecock.

CLEMSON = GREATNESS

2 points

Jul 7, 2012, 9:38 AM

Not arging for either side but just thoughts....

1- RNs tweet is an attempt at damage control. Not saying the story was exaggerated but with every dead beat writer in America today, this guy is generally respected in recruiting knowledfe circles....

2- The SEC over signing and using players. if thats how you want to look at it ok but that system has won multiple champs in a row and produces the most nfl players.

Again, just playing devils advocate. at the end of the day you have to do what you have to to get the #1 player in the country. I agree with a poster earlier, dont scrutinize the coach for every decision he makes, just let him do his job.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic