Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ACC coaches talk anonymously about Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

FB Update: ACC coaches talk anonymously about Clemson

Aug 1, 2016, 10:22 AM

ACC coaches talk anonymously about Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ACC coaches talk anonymously about Clemson

Aug 1, 2016, 10:26 AM

A learning lesson for some of you...

They don’t ever block vertically. Everything they do is laterally, but that’s just the spread offensive running game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 10:40 AM

> A learning lesson for some of you...
>
>
> They don’t ever block vertically. Everything they
> do is laterally, but that’s just the spread offensive
> running game.

Well, when your A$$ is outta the way, it's outta the way and who gives a hoot?

Me...

Aug 1, 2016, 10:47 AM

for one.

Clemson paid an OC ~$1.4mil to help get it right, I'd say it's pretty important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me...

Aug 1, 2016, 12:26 PM

judging just on the offensive stats... I think he got it right!

wow, comparing these quotes to the ones for FSU

Aug 1, 2016, 10:28 AM

Not a lot of respectful comments for Clemson. Looks like a lot of jealousy flowing from these other coaches.

Seems competitive speak to me; I'm sure those weren't the

Aug 1, 2016, 10:30 AM

only comments.

Selective sells.

oh yeah, I'm sure they were selective.

Aug 1, 2016, 10:32 AM

Someone seems pretty uninformed about out D line.

Of course they were, it's but a few comments selected

Aug 1, 2016, 10:38 AM

to get a reaction, which you and others will provide.

Re: wow, comparing these quotes to the ones for FSU

Aug 1, 2016, 1:15 PM [ in reply to wow, comparing these quotes to the ones for FSU ]

All those comments probably came from Dabo himself if it was anonymous. He is creating his own bulletin board material. I tell you, the man is a gennus. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 8:44 PM

Noway, I don't believe in any way shape or form that Dabo would be that cheesy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 8:20 PM [ in reply to wow, comparing these quotes to the ones for FSU ]

Talk like that coming from ACC coaches, that should fill our guys full of kick A$S through the entire season by not knowing what coach on what team doing the the trash talking!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2016, 9:02 PM [ in reply to wow, comparing these quotes to the ones for FSU ]

That is bc they don't have to worry about FSU being their only guarantee loss anymore, now they have to worry about 2 guaranteed losses on their schedule now making them actually look as bad as they really are. Clemson no longer plays for 8 or 9 wins in regular season anymore, we are looking at all 12 games as being a win. And everybody has to know that these older coaches hate it when the young first time ever HC in Dabo Swinney kicking their A$SES do pisss them off!!! Yep, Dabo is full of it, full of elite talent that they dearly hate!!!

Well THAT'LL look good on the bulletin board.

Aug 1, 2016, 10:31 AM

Thank you, anonymous coaches, disrespect is alive and well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

This should be in the DLine meeting room

Aug 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

“You wouldn’t think they’ll be as good three years in a row on their defensive line with another new group, but that’s just college football. They have built their deal based on those fronts, and they’ve had good secondary play as well, but I don’t know that they have a great defensive lineman coming back.”

This should keep a chip on everyone's shoulder....

Re: Well THAT'LL look good on the bulletin board.

Aug 1, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Well THAT'LL look good on the bulletin board. ]

H&ll yes, there is no way if I knew what coach that said would I tell. I want our guys to stay royally pisssed off the whole season wondering who said it, and beat them all down knowing that they got the right one bc they beat them all!!!

Crump---is that 4 quotes from Paul (anonymous) Johnson??

Aug 1, 2016, 10:34 AM

I'm sort of glad there are folks in the conference who don't hold this Tiger team in much esteem.....makes one wonder how a team that was within whisker of winning the NC last year and placed TEN PLAYERS in the pre-season All-ACC voting is gonna squeak by this season....hopefully we'll get to a bowl game..........:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crump---is that 4 quotes from Paul (anonymous) Johnson??

Aug 1, 2016, 10:36 AM

If that's from Pawall, he has a lot of nerve criticizing lateral blocking schemes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You consider that comment critical? It is spot on...

Aug 1, 2016, 10:42 AM

spread run blocking, create space and angles through scheme.

I think it was meant as criticism. The anonymous coach

Aug 1, 2016, 11:06 AM

implied we're not physical, just effective within our scheme. I think that's BS and if that came from PJ, that is quite hypocritical.

BTW, the anonymous coach has been out-coached, obviously, and must be just a bit butthurt.

I don't believe anyone's butt hurt, scared or other. I am

Aug 1, 2016, 11:09 AM

sure many of you are overly sensitive to a handful of comments designed to invoke outrage and it's working.

I'm not outraged, I'm grateful. I've been wondering

Aug 1, 2016, 11:16 AM

how we were going to play the disrespect card this season, since I've been seeing nothing but love for the Tigers. Until this.

You don't think the comment was meant as a negative? As in they're not physical, just well-schemed? And how is that not a coach who is unable to stop said scheme and, therefore, butthurt?

I think the comment was used to get the reactions some

Aug 1, 2016, 11:23 AM

of you are giving, yes. And I believe the comment is spot on and have now said so twice.

Spread offenses are not designed to belly up at the point of attack and it's the very reason so many struggle in short-yardage and goal line.

I was beyond thrilled when CU lined up under center against Bama and blew them off the ball, Garrett Williams leading the way, on 3rd and goal at the one. It would have looked nice in Doak-Campbell in 2014 as it was used against UGA in Game 1. It's just not what spreads do as a matter of course.

Re: I think the comment was used to get the reactions some

Aug 1, 2016, 11:37 AM

That's kind of my point. We do own the LOS now. I don't care how. But we do.

So you don't care how, but you're "upset" by the comment?

Aug 1, 2016, 11:39 AM

It was spot on to spread offenses, no reason in my mind to be bothered by it.

You sure are hankering for some kind of fight today dsp

Aug 1, 2016, 12:54 PM

I'm not "upset." My comment was those comments will look good on the bulletin board. I guarantee you the OL will read them as disrespect. IMO, that's good for us. I don't give a rat's patootey whether the comments were criticism or praise. In the context of the article, it sounds negative. Great for us. I'll take any amount of disrespect, real or imagined.

As for physicality, these boys can move the LOS vertically any time they want to.

Not in the least and I used each of the 3 words in italics

Aug 1, 2016, 1:01 PM

or quotations for your benefit or others. I shared my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly, your "hankering for some kind of fight" only galvanizes the angst on which I've commented.

They might be able to[move the pile vertically and I provided such an instance], but the comment was dead solid perfect on a spread offense, Clemson's included.

I'm sorry those are apparently fighting words for you; seems overly sensitive of you to me.

Re: So you don't care how, but you're "upset" by the comment?

Aug 1, 2016, 1:42 PM [ in reply to So you don't care how, but you're "upset" by the comment? ]

Yea I don't know how it could have been taken as an insult. That blocking is designed for DL to literally take themselves out of plays. Teams that have a good interior DL give us fits by design. That's why I love when we play teams that have guys at the end that can get after the QB because our blocking scheme and philosophy makes them a non threat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't either, but to each, his or her own.***

Aug 2, 2016, 11:43 AM

Aug 1, 2016, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I think the comment was used to get the reactions some ]

We do it with a bunch of talented 300 lb plus lineman on both sides of the LOS!!!

Aug 2, 2016, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I think the comment was used to get the reactions some ]

Of course it was meant for a rise. Everyone with eyes to see, and ears to listens knows what our scheme is. But, our o line is N A S T Y! When they had to line up belly to belly, they did! Across the board they whipped every d line they faced in that situation. The smash mouth spread that Morris always wanted. We finally have the beef up front we couldn't recruit in the past. It was a backhanded comment no doubt. Look at how many mouthpieces have ranked our o lime the best in college football!
Where I think you are wrong is you said there is no fear in the anonymous coaches. I disagree. You seriously think facing Clemson on Saturday doesn't give coaches ulcers?! I guarantee there's a healthy respect there. Only a fool would want to face Clemson and not feel a little fear going in! Even Jimbo Fisher loses sleep the night before playing us! The look on Brian Kelly's face standing in the tunnel before the game says it all! I bet he was ready to climb under the nearest rock! To not fear playing a top tier team is like not fearing the bear you're about to hunt!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because they can, does not mean they do so as a matter

Aug 2, 2016, 11:26 AM

of course and they do not.

No one says they're not nasty or tough, they are. Is Clemson a student-body left/right or Power I going jumbo at times ground and pound team? Hell no they're not and if they were, Clemson wouldn't likely be WRU. It's a dynamic offense that's finally putting together dynamic parts in every position, including two young tackles with high mobility and polished technique, but Clemson is still a lateral blocking, spreadcentric team that plays with high motor designed to wear down defenses through space, motion, angles and volume leaving the defense with limited ability to sub.

Perhaps you're far more sensitive than me, that seems very obvious or likely and you're welcome to read anything into the comments you like - as am I or not.

It's football and the very reason girls don't play the game.

No one is scared, no one is butt-hurt and these comments are intended to incite your responses. Congratz, many of you are doing just that.

sir - step away from the vehicle

Aug 2, 2016, 12:35 PM

or the rear doors to the paddy wagon will part and the ### will open up with the overly sensitive nonsensical rush that may begin to happen. your friend, clash

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don't know, nothing derogatory intended. Clemson ran a

Aug 2, 2016, 1:01 PM

total of ~1,200 offensive plays in 2015, 679 running plays or so the site has it.

If we're being extremely generous and say Clemson belly'd up 5% of those, ~645 would still remain lateral, spreadcentric blocking and some posters want to use the 5% as the rule?

Anyway, it seems people are sensitive to a coach being asked to give a brief synopsis and not an involved dissertation of each of Clemson's ~1,200 plays? Seems a tad overzealous, but maybe that's just me?

i for one

Aug 2, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Just because they can, does not mean they do so as a matter ]

think same thing. the chad would abandon the running game at critical moments. i dig that wayne gets healthy doses. that is the clemson fball i love - feed the beast

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I'm not outraged, I'm grateful. I've been wondering

Aug 1, 2016, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I'm not outraged, I'm grateful. I've been wondering ]

Vertical, lateral. Who gives a chicken poop? The object is to score more than the other guys and stop them from scoring, which ever way you feel is best. Dabo's (and the other coaches) best has been pretty darn good in recent years. Oh, and Clemson has plenty of talent too. :)

Exactly, so why would anyone get their panties in a twist

Aug 1, 2016, 11:51 AM

over the comment, which says Clemson did a good job in their scheme to get more out of the running game?

Re: Exactly, so why would anyone get their panties in a twist

Aug 1, 2016, 9:01 PM

1500 plus yards from just one RB!!!

Awesome, Wayne Gallman is the man and the comment said

Aug 2, 2016, 11:34 AM

Clemson did a good job in their scheme improving their running game last year and they did.

Let's hope they keep it up and have the sticktoitiveness the coaches demonstrated in 2015. Little Rod McDowell avg. 5.4 as well, but ~100 fewer attempts and 2 less games. It would have been interesting if theChad had stuck to the run game in certain situations as some pined for him to do, me for one.

That 1,000 plus yards and Ellington's before were compliments of the system as well. For whatever reason, theChad seemed to move away from the ground game he sought to establish when he first arrived?

says the anonymous

Aug 1, 2016, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I don't believe anyone's butt hurt, scared or other. I am ]

coaches who rarely if ever beat clemson. jimbo wouldn't say that - he knows better. neither would richt. these other idiots: fedora, pj, doereen, petrino - clemson and fsu is their natty on their schedule because they won't ever be there. not in my lifetime

but, there is nothing wrong with them saying that

Aug 1, 2016, 1:04 PM

thats why its anonymous

Re: but, there is nothing wrong with them saying that

Aug 1, 2016, 1:08 PM

Thank you.

There's 128 D1 coaches in the entire world and only ~20-25

Aug 1, 2016, 1:11 PM [ in reply to says the anonymous ]

of those might ever have a realistic chance at winning a national title?

It's a very, very small fraternity. Most of them are friends, brought together because of the difficulty of the job and its uncertainty from year to year.

The comments have very little to no context and seem likely hand picked to rustle jimmies.

It's working.

strange how

Aug 1, 2016, 1:26 PM

an anonymous comment sends people into a rage. the only comment a coach made that i even question is putting all the clemson eggs in dw's basket. i realize if he's not behind center that the team changes, but he would do well to acknowledge the talent around both sides of the ball. its ok to say "hey, they're good but...." - that's coaching and the way it should be. but there is talent all over the place. best not to forget that.

People are strange; maybe aggravated by a Monday thing?***

Aug 1, 2016, 1:30 PM

i'm outraged you blamed it on a monday!

Aug 1, 2016, 1:48 PM

a monday is designed to laterally set up the week! how dare you disparage monday! there are 6 other days. was this intended to be anonymous?!?!?

I love Mondays and did write, "maybe". Enough good folks...

Aug 1, 2016, 1:52 PM

looking for a fight today and I'm not one of them.

No mas, theclash, no mas.

cease and desist in order - i like a monday

Aug 1, 2016, 1:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yteMugRAc0

Re: I think it was meant as criticism. The anonymous coach

Aug 1, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to I think it was meant as criticism. The anonymous coach ]

I think one of them is named Bobby, and he can't ride a man's motorcycle!!!

Paul Johnson and Dabo

Aug 1, 2016, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Crump---is that 4 quotes from Paul (anonymous) Johnson?? ]

I have a friend whose brother roomed with Paul Johnson at Western Carolina. I asked him to ask Coach Johnson about Dabo. My friend and son visited Paul in his office in Atlanta this spring when the friend and son were conducting a school visit (BTW - Paul offered the son a managers position). Paul said he and Dabo were friends and had taken vacations together.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Anonymous... Convenient way to avoid that axx-kickin'...***

Aug 1, 2016, 10:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anonymous... Convenient way to avoid that axx-kickin'...***

Aug 1, 2016, 11:13 AM

Well since they are anonymous-lets just axx-kick em all and ask questions later.

I would love to see us hang 50 pts and 500 yds on everybody.

Well with PJ that would only be the first half.

Ray Bradbury wrote a story, Something Wicked this Way Comes

Aug 1, 2016, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Anonymous... Convenient way to avoid that axx-kickin'...*** ]

which might very well be Clemson's Offense, 2016.

It's coming and not much I imagine most can do about it.

Soooo much potential... Here's to making it happen.***

Aug 1, 2016, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Soooo much potential... Here's to making it happen.***

Aug 1, 2016, 11:44 AM

Sounds like a big head in the carrier dome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be fun.***

Aug 1, 2016, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Soooo much potential... Here's to making it happen.*** ]

Just to be a Sheldon butthead,

Aug 1, 2016, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Ray Bradbury wrote a story, Something Wicked this Way Comes ]

Shakespeare wrote it first ...

Macbeth, Act 4, Scene 1

Well, the line that is. Bradbury did write the book. And, Disney did a great job with the movie.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yes, the line, not the story.

Aug 1, 2016, 1:18 PM

Maybe you're being a butthead to someone else, not to me '89, it's common knowledge at least to me.

Not many remakes I'd like to see, but this might be one. Mr. Dark, the Illustrated Man, was fantastic. The actor has played some great roles. Would be interesting to see who'd play him today?

Loved Jonathan Pryce in that role!

Aug 1, 2016, 4:16 PM

If Disney remakes it, it would Miss Dark.

Otherwise, Liev Schreiber would be a good Mr. Dark. He kind of creeps me out.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This guy?

Aug 2, 2016, 12:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1874088387&feature=iv&list=PLZbXA4lyCtqq8sY_FouGjAOF6BrrZA3Ef&src_vid=2pVPaPFm5iI&v=9I1aM1EQZ7o

;)

Aug 1, 2016, 11:02 AM

Hmm, when did Booger McFarland become an ACC coach? The second guy sounded just like him. I hope we both people out of the water all season long in the trenches... Nothing fires an OL unit up more than the opposition saying "they'll never blow anyone off of the ball".

Give me a break. I hate when people talk as if running a spread offense guarantees a 15-win season.

Aug 1, 2016, 11:04 AM

We are Anonymous.

We are a legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AnonymousWorldvoce

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loved the BYOG 2016 video!

Aug 1, 2016, 11:08 AM

Great video to open the 2016 weigh-in and first week of practice. Gave me goosies.

We're ready to go! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for those who can't stand to hear anything bad about Clemson

Aug 1, 2016, 11:35 AM

what exactly would a Coach of another team get out of

running down another team anonymously?

especially knowing it's going to be on the bulletin board at some point.

some egos need checking on here, that's for sure....

yes, we've got 4*'s at all positions, but so do all Top 12 teams.

yes, we've had success, but so have a lot of programs.

yes, we've graduated a lot of D-ralent to the NFL, but that doesn't help this year's team.

yes, we've got the best QB in the country -

wow, it really all boils down to Watson. isn't that what the Coach said?

what the hail is this Board going to be like after DW leaves?

Maybelle! hide the women and children!!!

Re: for those who can't stand to hear anything bad about Clemson

Aug 1, 2016, 3:46 PM

Maybe it's not all DW. Articles on T-net have quoted or linked other outlets that have rated our o-line #1/2, our wide receivers #1, our QB situation #1, and our RB situation top 15. No doubt Watson is the best QB and leader on our team, but also there is no doubt that our backup QB's can do a better than average job running this dynamite offense. I also have no doubt that some of our opponents will do everything they can to take DW out of the game, legally or otherwise.

Aug 1, 2016, 11:39 AM

Funny to think none of them beat us last year or even in a while. Losers!

Aug 1, 2016, 11:43 AM

Hmm... gonna guess here.
Anon coach 1: Petrino
Anon coach 2: Johnson

Aug 1, 2016, 12:35 PM

IMO, that last one sounds more like Addazio. He'd know...they held Gallman to 48 yards, hence the "won't knock anyone off the ball" comment.

Definitely knocked Oklahoma off the ball***

Aug 1, 2016, 11:47 AM

Just a wild guess....Paul Johnson and Little Boy Blue.......***

Aug 1, 2016, 11:55 AM

To quote our drunken nemesis Steve Spurrier....

Aug 1, 2016, 12:44 PM

"If they love you, they're probably beating you."

Seriously, aren't these just re-used quotes?

Aug 1, 2016, 12:45 PM

I could have sworn that TNET ran another article post spring practice quoting ACC coaches annonymously that appeared in Athlon that had the exact same quotes word for word. Most likely yes, and Athlon just re-packaged them.

just sounds like jealous bitche$ to me, no wonder they

Aug 1, 2016, 12:58 PM

didn't want to give their names

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing one was Scott Shafer ...

Aug 1, 2016, 1:01 PM

Oh, wait ... he sucked so bad that they fired him. Plus, expletives were not included.

Aug 1, 2016, 1:13 PM

These quotes were negative enough to be on Facebook. I don't know what gives us the right to breathe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2016, 3:56 PM

Fox says we have the best Oline in the nation but we cannot know anybody off the ball??? Dude has lost it. We knock every team off the ball.

Put that on the bigscreen in the Indoor!***

Aug 1, 2016, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like NCS & UNCheat coaches ?

Aug 1, 2016, 4:22 PM

The first one is the prick at NC State. Got mad because his We OWN this state in recruiting didn't work out so well.

Lol, sour grapes much?

Aug 1, 2016, 8:30 PM

We're gonna do to you this year what we did last year. We win.

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 7, 2016, 7:07 PM

I don't see it being Paul Johnson or Fedora, since they both use spread schemes. I do think the quotes from "anonymous" ACC coaches a few years back that kind of ripped Boyd were clearly from Bud Foster, but I don't think he would be commenting on Clemson right now since we haven't played since 2013. Who knows though for sure. I don't see the comments about the o-line being that negative, but not sure of the context it was in.

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic