Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love that the ACC (powers) are suggesting to SEC (ESPN) that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I love that the ACC (powers) are suggesting to SEC (ESPN) that

Feb 11, 2014, 9:24 AM

We're not up for a 9th ACC game.

ESPN's trying to force acc and sec into a 9th conference game, which would of course strengthen the sec's football product and visibility, and hurts ours (clemson/fsu/miami).

How about if espn wants to force us into another game that we don't have the luxury of choosing ourselves (top ooc teams from across the country), then let's have it be against your precious SEC teams. That's our compromise. Deal or no deal?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can't afford to kill our SOS during the new playoff system just to make espn an extra buck***

Feb 11, 2014, 9:26 AM

Re: and its so stupid

Feb 11, 2014, 9:32 AM

if they want an inventory of games show some OOC match ups and encourage the schools to schedule decent teams. this should be a non issue for tv and its clearly detrimental to the schools. why doesnt our rivalry game count as a game for their inventory. Let the UNC's and Duke, and Wake come up with something early season of similar difficulty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and its so stupid

Feb 11, 2014, 9:39 AM

I don't really think ESPN is as involved as some think. This is coming from the northern schools who are worried about SOS going forward. They are concerned about being able to schedule OOC games against quality competition with everyone else moving to 9 game schedules and not being in the same region as the SEC. Sure the ACC would take advantage of the 9 games and pitch it as more inventory to ESPN but I don't think ESPN is coming to the ACC and pushing the issue.

null

Re: Cuse used to play Penn St and Md

Feb 11, 2014, 9:45 AM

They're still there and I'll bet would do home and home. why woul you want Swoff to have any more impoact on your sch than possible. They need to get off their behinds and sch their own games. If we let the tail wag the dog here it will never end

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we should kill our SOS so we can make an extra buck

Feb 11, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to We can't afford to kill our SOS during the new playoff system just to make espn an extra buck*** ]

with a 7th home game against a Furman or SC State.

Eventually if the other conferences go to 9 we are all going to have issues with out of conference games. But much like when conferences expanded from 7 to 8 games, those big OOC games came back.

with the 'ville coming in, the acc atlantic will be one of

Feb 11, 2014, 9:35 AM

the toughest divisions in football. easily top 2-3. sec west,is #1 , after that we could be a good argument for #2, without a doubt. i don't think we'll have to worry too much about sos, especially if a couple teams from the coastal step up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atlantic will be one of the strongest divisions bc we're in it. We can't play us

Feb 11, 2014, 9:45 AM

If we were BC looking to make a playoff run we'd be good to go with SOS, but that's not the case.
I heard ESPN was the one pushing the envelope here, though, so they could add another game to the ACC network? Could be wrong... not positive about that.

Agreed the Wake's/Duke's should be on their own in finding another opponent

Feb 11, 2014, 9:48 AM

And let us find someone to play that the whole country will tune in to watch, and as a result will give us more credibility with pollsters across the country and not just the southeast.

Sec doesn't want that 9th game either

Feb 11, 2014, 10:31 AM

Now that we have the playoff, they are more concerned about their regular season records.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sec doesn't want that 9th game either

Feb 11, 2014, 10:43 AM

so why dont the conference just drop this then? (rhetorical) that's what I dont get is that it keeps being discussed. ended and then discussed again.

because of the agreement the acc schools signed about

Feb 11, 2014, 10:52 AM

leaving (the 20 mil ? buyout, and tv rights) swoffie is going back to what the n.c. schools want.

this is in reply to 74. my bad.***

Feb 11, 2014, 10:52 AM

Re: because of the agreement the acc schools signed about

Feb 11, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to because of the agreement the acc schools signed about ]

absolutely!! IMHO that was HORRIBLE AGREEMENT!! never should have been signed

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont agree at all. As much as I hate Swoffie

Feb 11, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to because of the agreement the acc schools signed about ]

he has actually stayed out of the way recently, showing less favoritism towards the Tobacco Road schools. He has been in Clemson and Tallahassee to discuss his plan for teh ACC with the BoTs of both schools.

I firmly believe that Clemson and FSU were considering jumping ship to the BIG12, which would have effectively crushed the ACC's football product. Something happened at those BoTs meetings with FSU and Clemson to cause us to stay. To show our commitment we signed the GoR.

Have you noticed there hasnt been many phantom holding calls or illegal procedures called against Clemson the last 2 seasons. Compare that to before the Big12 scare.

Re: I love that the ACC (powers) are suggesting to SEC (ESPN) that

Feb 11, 2014, 1:17 PM

Who would you rather play...FSU or UK, Miss St, Vandy, UT, Fla or SCar

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic